Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #21 (permalink)

My HF Map location

great guide, i found setting all the linkages to the lengths in the manual is a great starting point. the stock linkages are totally off from what the manual says.
mecevans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008, 12:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

Where did you find in a manual what the length of the linkages should be?
wherndon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherndon View Post
Where did you find in a manual what the length of the linkages should be?
Here's a link, it's on the bottom of page 19.

Be patient, it takes a minute or so to open, Esky needs to update their website.

Also it's a .PDF file so you need Adobe Reader installed to see it.

http://www.twf-sz.com/english/downlo...ual/Beltcp.pdf
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2008, 07:01 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy day,

I feel that the Belt-CP tail is quite heavy, my heli keep moving backward while hovering. I did try to place my battery as out as posible to get a better CG but this make me very difficuit to fix in the canopy.

Any idea to overcome this problem? Is the carbon fibre tail boom works on this issue?

Regards,
CPC
cpc7084 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The CF tail boom doesn't do much - if anything, it feels slightly heavier than the stock aluminum version. The only real cure I found was going to a T-Rex canopy so you have more space up front, and 2100 mAh batteries. The 20C EK1-0187 gave me decent balance when placed forward of the stock location. Something in the vicinity of 170 - 180 grams should be perfect for a stock plastic version. Don't know about the Carbon Edition... Looks like it would be even more tail heavy.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2008, 08:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

cpc what I did was move the holes in the canopy further to the rear, about 3-4 mm helps a little with the fit, I also added a little weight to the front of the battery to bring the c of g center. On another note I am having a tracking problem that maybe some one can help me with. I have 2 batteries 1800mah and 2200mah when flying with the 1800 the blades are bang on in a hover. When I switch the batteries over the blades are out by about 7-10mm. Could the head speed be changing with the different batteries and if so would that affect the tracking. I'm using the stock woodies (balanced and c of g is good)
calzac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2008, 04:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh... before this never think can change the canopy to others. Move the hole at the canopy to the back also a good idea. Thanks Mika and Calzae.

Talking about carbon edition or upgrade all parts (swashplate, central holder, tail rotor grip set, etc...) to aluninum parts is it really make obvious differences? What is the different before and after?
Old 08-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Hi,

I found out that by using the standard linkage controls of the Belt CP the blade tracking changes every time you change the batteries (I'm using 2100 and 2200 cells, so the weight is nearly the same).
Best way to fix this is the MOD to direct linkage from servos to swashplate (see DTS MODs from DierWolf in this forum) and to adapt the Bell-Hiller linkage. Now the blades are tracking perfectly and no changing!.
And by using the original canopy, the batteries in a front position and the receiver beneath the frame just under the batteries the balance is now quite good.

One thing I'm missing, I can't find in this forum a word about the ideal head speed for the Belt CP. Does somebody have a clue?
I need this info to setup my BEC (CastleCreation Phoenix 35) in governor mode.

Does someone have the same combo?
Belt CP
Brushless ESky Motor
CC Phoenix 35

Have a nice one.
Hornetrider
hornetrider is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great write up - I totally messed up my factory adjustments so this is really needed, one question though. What is the Sub Trim to set the servos to a exact 90 degree angle?
Slayaah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 06:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi slayaah, you only get sub-trim on computer tx's - don't know if you have one or still on stock TX??

My understanding is that the servo horns are set to 90 degree's to ensure equal throw of the horn when it moves.

Sub-trim is used when attaching the servo horns to your servo's. If the horn is not at exactly 90 deg, you can adjust the sub-trim to get the arm perfectly centered. It shows you in one of finless bob's vids, but I can't remeber which one now? I would guess the CCPM setup 1 vid?

Also, if you don't have a computer TX, you can still get some adjustment if your servo horn has 2 'arms'. I understand that both arms are not at perfect 180 degree's (ie. one of them is slightly off-set), so by taking the horn off and turning it round, you may get the horn closer to 90 degree's without using any sub-trim at all.

Almost forgot to mention...you need to do this setup in idle up mode with motor disconnected, and throttle stick at centre position....but you alredy knew that right! Good luck with it!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 07:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc7084 View Post
Happy day,

I feel that the Belt-CP tail is quite heavy, my heli keep moving backward while hovering. I did try to place my battery as out as posible to get a better CG but this make me very difficuit to fix in the canopy.

Any idea to overcome this problem? Is the carbon fibre tail boom works on this issue?

Regards,
CPC
Hi CPC, I been having the same problem with mine since it come out of the box (using stock 1800mah Li-po). I was inspired to resolve it after reading this earlier. So as an immediate fix I used a strip of sticky velcro to stick an 'AA' battery to my Li-po, just in front of the receiver soulplate (Thanks A.Finn for the weights tip). I always use my fingers through the lower (CF) frame to push the battery as far forward as it will go after I mount the canopy

The 'AA' batt weight was 19g, just enough to correct it. Now before I fly I am always gonna check it by liftin it up by the rotor head button - it's almost perfect and I have found a beefier 'AA' batt to put on 2m that should fix it.

Anyway, managed an on the spot hover with no cyclic input for about 10 seconds, a new record for my belt! Hope it can work for you!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I moved the reciever forward so that it sits directly behind the front skid and I moved the ESC forward and placed it horizontally on the frame.

Doing that and placing the battery as for forward as the battery allows balances the Belt.

Also I think that having the ESC horizontal gets more of the blade wash over and behind the ESC heatsink.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Jack, have you got a nice pic to show us?? I'm doin a DTS mod this week, so will be moving all the electrics about on my heli again.

I plan on getting rid of the 'AA' battery mod and centre the CoG properly, so would be nice to see a good example...
Old 08-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dierwolf was the originator of this mod and told me how to do it when I got my first Belt.

Here's a couple pics -

Old 08-12-2008, 04:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's some tidy work with the ESC wiring, thanks again Jack and DW. I'm currently sat here waiting for the postman to arrive with my parts so I can get on with the work....!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:28 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wa! copterboy, managed to hover with no cyclic input for 10 seconds, this is really good . At the moment I'm still busy moving both of my thumbs to get control.

Jack, I will try to move my receiver to the position as shown in the pics and test on it. But I can't move my ESC cause it's facing overheated problem. My ESC now is just under the wind flow of the main blade near to the back skid ..and.. without plastic cover .

Thanks Jack and copterboy, Dierwolf as well.

Regards,
CPC
Old 08-12-2008, 05:39 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was the SG90 upgrade that made the biggest difference (and numerous hours getting the linkage setup & pitch right!).
Old 08-14-2008, 06:43 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are the photo's at the begining of this thread not loading for anyone else?
DanAu78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The photos used to load ok before but now they are not loading fpr me either

Copterboy; when you upgraded to SG90,s did you have the new digital E-sky servos of the older analog ones?
Psilo; if possible could you reload those photos? they are very helpfull !
Thanks
GerryG
EXI 450 - #1 Logitec 2100, TPsg90s ,Heli Max Axe CP
E-Sky Lama v4, EXI #2 build just started
gerrydobro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I never had the analogue one's, it had the e-sky digi's on it out of the box. I stripped 3 cyclic servo's in a fairly light crash and replaced em with stock one's again (before I knew about H.freak and SG90's existed). Then one of the replacement's just died after a few more batteries and I crashed again.

By this time I had joined the freak and knew about SG90's, so I replaced all 4 and it makes a huge difference. The digital e-sky servo's used to have about 1mm of play in the gears but the SG90's are solid (as would any other servo probably!).

I had a crash landing yesterday (screw loose and lost control of tail) but the new servo's are still fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in