Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flybarless Stailization - GyroBot 900

I think we should start including the GyroBot 900, it flies with or without the flybar (so why flybar when we can save a lot of juice without it), and auto-leveling without external influence, at size of a GY 401, it comes with a very good tail gyro. I have one and it is excellent, it can be fitted on a Trex 250 .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

how does it compare to Helicomand rigid?

I want to use it for AP on the Joker2.

Thanx
Evil666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Set up is definitely a lot easier, the device collect data as reference on power up to see the horizon, I flip the heli at random and release the stick, it held invert without any trouble
Old 06-07-2009, 05:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

so if i let go of the cyclic stick at a very high altitude (say 300 meters) would it go into position lock? using gyros or optical sensor?

Thanx!

VV
Evil666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Evil666, position lock ... I think you refer to GPS function that holds the heli at the same spot and same height....

Currently GyroBot 900 only does auto-leveling, it does not control the pitch and under strong wind, the heli will drift along the wind instead of crash, I heard the GPS version is under development.

Available unit is CARVEC from UK and of course, more money involved
Old 06-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

GPS for the gyrobot???? That will be awesome! I hope what you've heard is true
j_js1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope so
Old 06-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

about the auto leveling. I recently was at a field with my friend and we had the dumb idea to launch gaui 200 with a gyrobot 900 from my friends hand. yeas it was stupid and don't try it, but my arco mode reacted oddly after take off.

with no cyclic input, the heli wen into forward flight b/c it was probably angled when i spooled up the throttle. after10 seconds, the gyro readjusted to hold its position correctly. there fore i think the 900 initially uses the horizon as a reference upon take off, but has a bit of hiller decay (sk-360 term) where it alters the horizon mid flight.

either way it is amazing.

Stuff for sale
CF_Machete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_&_Omega View Post
about the auto leveling. I recently was at a field with my friend and we had the dumb idea to launch gaui 200 with a gyrobot 900 from my friends hand. yeas it was stupid and don't try it, but my arco mode reacted oddly after take off.

with no cyclic input, the heli wen into forward flight b/c it was probably angled when i spooled up the throttle. after10 seconds, the gyro readjusted to hold its position correctly. there fore i think the 900 initially uses the horizon as a reference upon take off, but has a bit of hiller decay (sk-360 term) where it alters the horizon mid flight.

either way it is amazing.
I guess the gain for auto-leveling is a bit low ... you should be able to adjust that
Old 06-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok I need to ask this, is this Gyrobot gyro based or thermopile based for it stabilization???

nightflyr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Ok I need to ask this, is this Gyrobot gyro based or thermopile based for it stabilization???

It is gyro base, so not affected by any external factor
Old 06-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Reason I asked..." Set up is definitely a lot easier, the device collect data as reference on power up to see the horizon" Gyro based units don't see the horizon, they work on position of level, My Helicommand does not require colllecting of data, once in the air and turned on it remains in level orientation, or if you prefer, position holding.
FMA's CoPilot II requires it to collect ref. data to assume it's IR horizon for level flight

nightflyr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-RND View Post
I guess the gain for auto-leveling is a bit low ... you should be able to adjust that
in this case I don't think its the gain, as it holds solid when i release my cyclic. I was inferring that the gyro may initialize on spool up, and then later adjusts.

Stuff for sale
Old 06-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Definitely interested in this.

Seems like it would be incompatible with a TRex 250 or Gaui 200 due to lack of room. It has eleven servo plugs across, and the 250 airframe is only wide enough for about eight servo plugs, judging by my receiver. Could we get some pictures?

Also, I refuse to buy products that depend on a Windows host to program them. Is the "Cockpit" device able to handle all configuration options?
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2009, 03:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what I've read, programming is done via the tx both for the cockpit and computer. They just act as a display to 'see' the options. So yes the cockpit can handle all configurations except updating the firmware in which you have to use the USB link to do so.
j_js1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
Definitely interested in this.

Seems like it would be incompatible with a TRex 250 or Gaui 200 due to lack of room. It has eleven servo plugs across, and the 250 airframe is only wide enough for about eight servo plugs, judging by my receiver. Could we get some pictures?

Also, I refuse to buy products that depend on a Windows host to program them. Is the "Cockpit" device able to handle all configuration options?
fits inside my gaui 200 air frame fine. I did a mod on page 3 of my build thread to accommodate the plugs, but there are some who are brave enough to mount on the front of the bottom plate https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=136458

the programing is done on both the pc and tx. you adjust you trims, servo directions, gains and sensitivity on the pc, but youstill need to used dr & maybe some expo on the tx.

Stuff for sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in