Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default PRESENTING... YELLOW SUPER BEE!!!

the canopy and tail fin arrived today, and folks... it is even more beautiful in person! Mark... you are a painting master, and i was nicely surprised by the honeycomb pattern worked in to the tail fin! i was not expecting that, and it really made the whole set complete, so a HUGE thank you for doing that .
the wing tape i have came very close, and i like how it looks... so went with it. it is 2am here, so no flying yet but will get a video posted this weekend. until then, here are the pics of it .

spoonerrw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 03:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default WOW

OMG. I can't believe how great that turned out. Your added touches and details really made it that much more unique. What an incredible Bee you have. I'm really happy you are pleased with the paint job. It was great working with you and your finished product is one of a kind! I can't wait to see it in the air.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Totally awesome spooner! Has to be the best looking Bee I’ve ever seen…period! Can’t wait to see what it looks like in the air.

@ Mark
Nice work on the canopy, it looks great! As you can see by my avatar, I’m a big fan of the honeycomb pattern. Once I find a blank canopy that looks good on my DD birds, I’m definitely going to contact you.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not a total slouch with an airbrush but do have a question if I may probe you brain cells,, do you use auto paints such as house of kolor or is there a better choice in fuel proof paints today,,,, thanks dawg.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use createx wicked colors since the flow so well. The fuelproof quality comes from the clearcoat that is applied over it. The most popular fuelproof clear is a 2k clear. When there isn't a fuel concern, I just use a clear acrylic.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks Hanskter, the credit definitely goes to Mark here... you definitely cant go wrong with his work. oddly... it looks bigger, lol . he even included some touch up paint and a set of backup decals! you dont get any better work and customer service than that .

Mark... i should have had you put your signature on it, lol. this is a one of a kind Bee and the credit for its amazing beauty all goes to you brother!

waiting for the winds to die down, but it is ready to go... video coming soon .
Old 05-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch View Post
I use createx wicked colors since the flow so well. The fuelproof quality comes from the clearcoat that is applied over it. The most popular fuelproof clear is a 2k clear. When there isn't a fuel concern, I just use a clear acrylic.
Great, thank you for the intel, by the way I slummed your photo pages and found some good canopy work there, I like them.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

i probably should have waited for this but couldnt resist, lol. a slight breeze, so played it safe and glad i did. the battery started to drop its voltage and i made a nose in nice soft landing in the grass just as it went in to soft cut. maiden is now done . this baby is tight as a rock and so stable it is scary, lol. very smooth flyer and looks totally awesome too . i am going to really enjoy flying this one .
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsHZP2ZvAYc[/ame]
Old 07-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Gorgeous

This bee is amazing and the detail is outstanding. The small stinger on the tail and the honeycomb fading is perfect. Seeing someone put this much effort into their bee could only mean that this is one hell of a heli.

I’m glad the V2 was put back in production and I just placed the order for mine. This will be my first FP heli and looking forward to flying it. Thanks for helping me make my decision!
locke32 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks locke... she is one sweet Bee and it fly's like a dream. a lot of heart and soul went in to this one and she is modded to the hilt . i was glad as well... but planned for the worse and have a box full of back up parts. i have three to maintain, but was very relieved when they put it back in to production .
the Bee is not the easiest heli to learn, so just take your time and work at a pace that is comfortable for you. the nice thing about learning a Bee is that once you do... everything else will come much easier .
Old 07-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where can you order a new bee I have 2 I have had for a long time and a boat load of parts for them. I might order a new one if they are back out. Your bee looks good.
944own is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonerrw View Post
i probably should have waited for this but couldnt resist, lol. a slight breeze, so played it safe and glad i did. the battery started to drop its voltage and i made a nose in nice soft landing in the grass just as it went in to soft cut. maiden is now done . this baby is tight as a rock and so stable it is scary, lol. very smooth flyer and looks totally awesome too . i am going to really enjoy flying this one .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsHZP2ZvAYc
So smooth and stable...very nice paint job too! .

If later you get the urge to get a CP heli, the Esky D700 3G is very nice.

It looks like you have good control and orientation skills already so a CP heli shouldn't be too difficult once you decide to move up.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch View Post
Hello there, I think I'm going to have to get one of your custom paint jobs for my heli.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

@944... looks like the US suppliers i use are out of it. ebay is a good place to look but if i find a supplier who has them in stock... i will post it it .

@king... thanks, it is a very good flying heli and a real beauty to see in flight. i am currently working with a basic CP, a Blade mCPx V2 and having a blast with it. after the Bee's, i went right in to it with no trouble at all, zipping all over the place and flying it in decent winds after only a few months of working with it. im not yet ready for 3D but am flying it in full stunt mode which is awesome! i am still researching my first large CP for next spring possibly, and leaning towards a Blade 450X. i really like the flybarless concept and i can get a Blade BNF and fly it with my Dx6i .
Old 07-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just received my first RC heli! A Honey Bee FPV2. It was ordered from miracle-mart.com and I had absolutely no issues with the service from them. The company is one out of China but the customer service was outstanding. Oh, and they offered free shipping.

Another seller, not U.S., is heliguy.com that is based in the UK. I originally went to order from them because they were offering free worldwide shipping. After ordering, I was informed that the free worldwide shipping really meant those that live in the UK and Ireland...

Currently, these two companies have the HoneyBee FPV2. If miracle-mart.com shows out of stock, email the customer service and they will do their best to get it for you. The Bee is a lot of fun to fly. By fly, I mean it has scooted across my floor without getting airborne. It did have the chance to meet my table, gym bag, couch, and oven. I know I should have waited to take it outside, but come on!?! It will be airborne soon, trust me...
locke32 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

hahaha Locke32 . mine was the same way when i first got it... meeting every obstacle it could find . replace the stock main blades with the superblade xp's and you will notice a big difference in its stability .
Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear that the bee may be back. Currently flying my MCPx and 130X.
LOVE the 130 x (after I put a microheli tail assy on it) No other mods and flys great. I look at it as an advanced bee! Almost the same size and is a Siberian Tiger in Housecat clothing! Have over 100 flights on it.
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in