Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 4#6S - Just installed RX2610V, now?

Alright, I just pulled the RX2433 rx and slapped in the RX2610V, set the switches BAL to On and PIT to off.

I also bound it to 2801Pro (in 2801 mode), and gave it a flat 50% pitch curve across all three N, ST1 and ST2.

But when I put throttle hold, and move the right stick forward, both cyclic servos move. Am I getting this wrong? I thought one servo would handle forward and back pitches on the main rotor, and the other servo was side-to-side. Is there another configuration I need to do in the radio?

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Cambion7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Scott Tom Z has done a lot of testing of the Different 3 axis Rx's you might find this of help http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325037

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocD View Post
Hi Scott Tom Z has done a lot of testing of the Different 3 axis Rx's you might find this of help http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325037

Regards David
Thanks. I saw his link and had printed out his setups. My problem ended up being that I'm flying a 4#6S, which is the fixed-pitch rather than a CCPM his guide was written for. I changed stick mode to RX2601 and now the cyclic moves like it should.

I now need to figure out how the heck to program my throttle, DR&Expos for 2601 mode, since those aren't accessible. My f.mode throttle curves in 2601 mode are way different. Just gotta figure out what's next.

Cheers
Scott
Old 10-31-2010, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its easily done Scott just put into 2801 mode program in your dual rates and expo then go back to 2601 mode and you will find that they work - many use quick keys to get fast access the DR/Expo function - much easier than having to go back in to 2801 mode every time you want to alter DR or expo.

Regards David
Old 11-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the 2801tx have you set the swash to "Two Servo" mode? and also will the 26series RX your using bind in 2401 mode?
NCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCflyer View Post
On the 2801tx have you set the swash to "Two Servo" mode? and also will the 26series RX your using bind in 2401 mode?
I have it set to one servo by default. I haven't tried to bind it in 2401 mode as it binds in 2601 just fine. What would binding to 2401 accomplish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocD View Post
Its easily done Scott just put into 2801 mode program in your dual rates and expo then go back to 2601 mode and you will find that they work - many use quick keys to get fast access the DR/Expo function - much easier than having to go back in to 2801 mode every time you want to alter DR or expo.

Regards David
Thanks David. I programmed them in 2801 mode, set short-cuts to both DR&EXPO and the Throttle curve, then went back to 2601 mode. It works great now. Not too sure where I can set my ST1 and ST2 throttle curves. I am in normal throttle, and test my motor run by holding the heli in my hand. When I flip to ST1 and ST2 there are two distinctly differences from Normal. But if I program a flat 0% curve in either Stunt modes, it doesn't see it. Weird.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes thats the problem with 2601 mode the curves for ST1 and ST2 are built in and you have no access the the programing of curves Sorry no back door that I know of - its a shame you cannot get servo functions right in 2801 mode where you have access to all curves.

Regards David
Old 11-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What's a shame is that the bird won't fly right, period, using the 2610V. I had to put in the original RX and now it's flying perfectly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in