Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Reflex Flight Sim

Reflex Flight Sim Reflex Simulator Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone own G3 AND Reflex?

Just curious about your comparisons

going to double post in the G3 forum
dodgey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I owned G3 ... then I flew my friends Reflex Now I own that instead and I sold G3.

Of course the controls are the same, but the realness of XTR is unbeatable when it comes to scenery, wind, heli behavior, .... bla bla bla
Old 07-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

That's what I was curious about. G3 seems fine but it just does not seem real. Nothing ever goes wrong when I'm trying things like loops etc. I appreceiate it'as a fantastic tool for teaching me orientations but I just hanker for a little more realism.

I think I'll try reflex just for the hell of it :-)

Anyone wanna swap G3 for Reflex (Futaba)?
Old 07-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've got Reflex XTR and I've seen screen shot of G3 - for appearance theres no comparison at all. G3 looks nicely computer generated and modelled (which it is), XTR looks Real. Only reality reductions with XTR are when you load up sceneries that other enthusiasts have created from RCsim.de - sometimes they model the floor in the wrong place - theres one called I think 'Inden 2' or something, and you can land on clouds in front of you - hilarious! Naturally any characters present when the scenes were originally photographed appear static for all time. So as you fly around you may spot an old guy leaning on a railing watching you and he will always be there (one day in a star trek future, the ol' boy will toddle off for lunch and return later, hee hee). In XTR you can set random engine cut outs for some impromptue auto practice! Only horrible thing in XTR is the sudden appearance of white and red stripes forming the walls of a large 'no fly zone' box arounf the pits and buildings etc. One thing, for helis go into the simulation parameters box and change the time expansion from 1 to 0.8 or so - its speeds everything up just a bit to be more in keeping with the short 'mistake to crash' time that helis naturally exhibit. For fixed wing leaving it on 1.
XTR also likes a certain starup procedure it seems, for me its run the programme, then plug the dongle lead into my Tx, then plug the dongle into the pc USB port - any other sequence don't work! Other than that XTR is fantastic and just so realistic in looks, model feel and behavoire. Best of all, downloads are free (if conciencious you can donate a contribution to Reflex).
Go' on Dodgey you won't look back at G3 again..........
Rick Rotorhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's weird that your Reflex prefers a certain connector sequence. I use a JR9303 and I have no problems connecting the transmitter. I always leave the dongle connected to the PC and I can connect the TX before or after I start the application.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have Both and I like both the set up on the XTR was a little bit more intense

G3 is getting better at the begining XTR had it with the panolusion TEchnology or something

G3 now has photo fields to compete and the keep teaking the physics and mechanics of g3

They have their good points and bad

XTR takes less resources from your machine

G3 is a huge program but does not use your controller you can if youwant but not nessesary

G3 has online for the time that you want to show off with your friends that and i guess online buddy flying

XTR has Tons of models and they are all free at least they use to be

G3 has more and more showing up every day

G3 has expansion pack 1 and soon Expansion pack 2 with more helis

to modify your heli to fly like your own I think G3 has and easier interface

but both can be modified to the users liking

now these is a new kid comming for XTR and G3

it is from JR (Horizon Hobby) and it has a controller like G3 it is in the same price range under 200 dollars

the models i guess is the biggest draw to a sim then graphics then physics
that was my experience

be carefull if you fly the G3 dont get use to the little red button to much fly it and try to recover until the last possible chance

other wise you have a habitt of reaching for the ( Easy Button Staples) LOL and that button does not come on any radio From Futaba/JR/Hitec/Airtronics/ETC it can bring lots problems for you and the well beign of your heli

so when your flying your heli at the field dont reach for the reset button -- LOL
miami6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in