Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 3G v 3.0 Tail is Terrible!

I've been very patient, and I've monkeyed with this thing for two months now trying to tame the tail so I could actually cut loose and fly this thing. Thus far it hasn't happened. I've played with the stop, lock, and rudder gain comps thanks to the help of a fellow member taking the time to guide me through what each of those things did (3.0 doesn't leave the info on the screen long enough to read it). I've tried the Coolice settings, as well as the stock 3.0 450 settings (which are better IMHO on 3.0, and what I started with). I'm going to give it one last shot when I get over this Mongolian super flu. If I can't get it then, bye bye 3G. I want to fly, not play with a laptop on flying days.

Blade mCP X - brushless / Blade 130x beta / T Rex 450 Pro FBL / HT Flip FPV / DJI F450 / Nano QX FPV beta
WNCmotard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey.

I'd suggest downgrading back to V2.1, I felt it was the better firmware for the 3G and indeed all my settings files I've posted are tuned to work with V2.1 as I didn't like V3.

The tail was supposedly improved in V3 but at the expense of cyclic feel I felt, which is why I stopped flying V3 and went back to V2.1.
Coolice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm with cool, 3.0 is a pooch. Tail has no authority! Exactly what problems are you having?
3.0 in comparison to 2.1 , 3.0 blows out easy with pitch pumps, hard stops after a fast piro the stop is real soft with a bounch and tail wont stay locked during tic tocs with stock settings but is correctable providing there's no mechanical problem. Still I also feel 2.1 is better esp for the smaller hellis where some with the bigger swear it corrected problems they had with 2.1 they couldn't correct.
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hmmmm, well, I'll flash 2.1 and start over and try that this weekend weather provided then.

bad007, you hit the nail on the head. I'm nowhere near doing tic tocs, but even with my mild flying style if I turn the gain (and mess with the adjustments in the 3g) down low enough to stop the wag, the tail blow out terribly even on a mild pitch pump, I'm talking 10-15 degrees of blow out, and that's at 85% flat TC in IU, so it's not a head speed issue. I even tried setting the tail up in rate mode, no dice.

I'm assuming that after flashing 2.1, I need to completely redo the DIR setup again? And I'm assuming I flash them one at a time just like when upgrading, doing the sensor, then the controller?

Thanks for the advice guys, I want to get it to work, I really do so I don't have to spend more money on it if possible.

Blade mCP X - brushless / Blade 130x beta / T Rex 450 Pro FBL / HT Flip FPV / DJI F450 / Nano QX FPV beta
Old 01-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nevermind, I figured out the answer to both my questions. I am now running 2.1 on my system, and will redo DIR setup tomorrow night, and re test on Saturday if the rain holds off.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

2.1 is just the opposit. the tail is a bit aggresive and you may have to lower the lock gain a bit if you cant get the gyro gain up without wag. The gain does run lower than 3.0 so lower it right off the bat and work up from there.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad007 View Post
2.1 is just the opposit. the tail is a bit aggresive and you may have to lower the lock gain a bit if you cant get the gyro gain up without wag. The gain does run lower than 3.0 so lower it right off the bat and work up from there.
Good to know, I'll drop it by about 10 points to start with, thanks buddy. I'm going to start with the lock gain at 50, as that seems to be a popular number from my research. Fingers crossed the weather is good.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, I went through DIR setup, got everything done, and it rained ALL weekend. It's like the universe doesn't want me flying a T Rex.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 tail insanity

Hey, I went crazy over my tail as well. Brought out the 3g rex after a year sitting in the hanger ( life events kept me from dealing with it). Re learned the software ( I'm old, don't use it ..lose it) and off to the craziness. It went through all the stupid stuff: bobbing, drifting etc. Changed location of sensor to inside frame with receiver on top. Took it up and it wagged its tail like a very happy dog . Went back to 2.1 and lowered rudder lock stop gain to 40. I also discovered a lot of self inflicted wounds in the process. Awesome and I am very stoked! I think 95% of the 3g issues after the mods are applied are set up issues and not the 3G. Do I encourage you to not give up, it is worth the effort.
jaldendifer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey thanks jaldendifer, I just need an afternoon of good weather now that I'm on 2.1, and I think I can get it all dialed in.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well? how's 2.1 working out. I'm about ready to rip the 3GX off my velocity 50 and put a 3G on it.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Well? how's 2.1 working out. I'm about ready to rip the 3GX off my velocity 50 and put a 3G on it.
Ha ha, I don't know yet buddy. It's rained here since Friday, so I haven't had a chance to fly it yet. It's getting tempting to hover it in the dining room.

That sucks about the 3GX, I hate to hear that man. I've heard some negative things about the tail gryo in it, being based of the GP 780 that a lot felt was a step backwards from the GP 750.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

The velo 50 is my newest, biggest and first nitro and after getting the feel of the thing and started to get on it all sorts of problems started to pop up with quick snap manuvers that wont go away. I then got my Align 550 3G out after 2 months and it smokes the 3GX on the velo hands down. The 3G is based on the 780 but with the 2.1 I have no problems, 3.0 had a sloppy tail
Old 01-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The velo 50 is my newest, biggest and first nitro and after getting the feel of the thing and started to get on it all sorts of problems started to pop up with quick snap manuvers that wont go away. I then got my Align 550 3G out after 2 months and it smokes the 3GX on the velo hands down. The 3G is based on the 780 but with the 2.1 I have no problems, 3.0 had a sloppy tail
I REALLY dig the Outrage lineup, congrats on the new bird buddy. Nothing worse than having a new toy you can't cut loose and really enjoy, I would know.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ian, I will be going back to 2.1, but do you have a posted setting for a 450 Pro you can share with us. When I went to the 3.0, you posted your suggested setting for the 450 Pro and if you have one for the 2.1, that would be great.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolice View Post
Hey.

I'd suggest downgrading back to V2.1, I felt it was the better firmware for the 3G and indeed all my settings files I've posted are tuned to work with V2.1 as I didn't like V3.

The tail was supposedly improved in V3 but at the expense of cyclic feel I felt, which is why I stopped flying V3 and went back to V2.1.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickk View Post
Ian, I will be going back to 2.1, but do you have a posted setting for a 450 Pro you can share with us. When I went to the 3.0, you posted your suggested setting for the 450 Pro and if you have one for the 2.1, that would be great.
Thanks a lot.
Hey Buddy.

Cool, I feel you will get on better with V2.1 overall compared to V3.

Here are the current 450 PRO settings;

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=39

Keep me posted on how you get on.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I still haven't got to fly mine yet. I finally resigned myself to the fact that flying season is over here yesterday, and put the helis in storage till decent weather comes back in the spring / summer.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I finally got to fly it today, since we had 60 degree weather here in the mountains during February! All I can say is WOW! I used the out of the box coolice settings, needs a bit of tweaking on the tail, but man does this thing fly totally different now. I even pulled my first low flip with it, so smooth and stable. I may just get this thing dialed in yet, thanks a ton for the settings coolice, and thanks for all the help bad007, I couldn't have done it without you guys. I sure am glad spring time is coming, I don't know how long I can go without flying now.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 02-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNCmotard View Post
I finally got to fly it today, since we had 60 degree weather here in the mountains during February! All I can say is WOW! I used the out of the box coolice settings, needs a bit of tweaking on the tail, but man does this thing fly totally different now. I even pulled my first low flip with it, so smooth and stable. I may just get this thing dialed in yet, thanks a ton for the settings coolice, and thanks for all the help bad007, I couldn't have done it without you guys. I sure am glad spring time is coming, I don't know how long I can go without flying now.
Hey.

You're very welcome my friend, glad to be of help.

It's great to hear that you are now able to enjoy the model and that my settings file is working well for you to.

Happy flying and any questions just ask.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in