Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NEED HELP WITH FLYBARLESS 500 TREX

I have a 500 trex with a beastx 3 system want to tame it down just learning to fly and to quick on sticks just want nice stable hover to start. I also have raptor 50 and it hovers great. Thanks for the help Steve
roadrunner69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a pretty vague question there. With so little to go on I could blast off some answers but they might not even be close to what you're looking for.

How about some more information on your setup? What model Align 500 is it? What is your electronics setup, motor, blades, etc?

Have you read the manual? The Beastx subforum has a lot of info on tuning as well.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with the Beastx programming? If you already have a bird with a beastx running, then you are probably familiar with the Beast's programming and functions. Taming a unit down should be pretty straight forward at that point so what is it that you're not sure of?

You could decrease your pitch or your headspeed or both. Increase your expo. Go to Parameter's Menu and go to "B". you can select from a variety of flight styles ranging from sport to hard 3D. That will drastically alter the heli's responsiveness. Or you can select "transmitter" in said menu and set all your expos and dual rates yourself in the Tx.

You should also study the uses for the 3 pots on the Beastx itself - the 3 dials. Those will drastically alter flight control as well.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for reply this is the only beastx iam flyinfg my rapator is has flybar and that is how I want the trex to fly slow and docile it is a esp shaft drivin tail. how much can I drop pitch and still hover and what head speed will hover. I have the align 3g blades align rcm-bl500l motor hs-5245mg servos all on spektem dx7 radio. I will read up on the three pots on the beast x Thanks steve P.S just trying to get to hover without be twitchy.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok cool. Now I have more of an idea. Since you're just looking for a more docile feel in hover I would not mess with pitch - leave that at 12 or 12.5 degrees.

You could lower your headspeed a bit via the ESC - do you know what kind you have? Is it programmable? Or you can just play around with your Throttle curves in your Tx by dropping them a bit.

The first thing I would try flying a few different styles in parameter menu B. These are pre-programmed agility settings in the beast. Its a quick easy way to try different flight characteristics without having to go in manually and change a bunch of stuff in the Tx.

Find the flight style that you like the most. If you want something in between flight styles, or just want to tweak further, go back to parameter menu B and select "transmitter". This will allow you to make all these changes manually via your Tx. The Beastx passes this functionality over to you so that you can make smaller, finer adjustments.

The settings you will be changing are Expo and Dual Rates. I will assume you already know what those are so I would just start with Expo. Add in 10% of expo at a time to both AIL and ELEV (and rudder if you like but you don't really need that for hover). This will smooth out the center feel on the sticks.

Once you start getting into some forward flight and the heli is just to sharp on far end of stick deflection, you can add in some Dual Rates to help soften that up as well.

If you really want the best, comprehensive breakdown on how you can accomplish this, I would PM Sutty, the resident Beastx expert on these forums. He posts a lot over on the Beastx subforum.
OXY rep
Old 05-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you very much iam new to helicopters and feel like I ask stupid ?. But again Thank you for the hep and will let you know hoe it turns out Steve
Old 05-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Steve no worries. You're in luck on Beastx tuning. A comprehensive tuning breakdown that was just released by Freddy on the Beast. This should get you a little further..

Beast X FBL tuning guide (freddycanflyrc.com) (15 min 1 sec)
OXY rep
Old 05-06-2014, 02:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep in mind also Steve. You are comparing two helicopters that are what? Roughly 3 pounds or so different in weights. Same reason why I said my 700 is so docile compared to my 450 6s Sport. Unless something on settings has changed? It should still be set for Normal and I set it for a max of 10 deg pitch. When I set it the first time.
TODDC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure how far you are on the beastx setup, but in general to make it less twitchy, you can start with a 12T pinion, lower throttle curve, 12 degree pitch on step G, parameter B use TX setting to set your own expo/epa, Parameter E try a solid red (more deadband area), add about 20% expo to aileron/ele. Make sure to go thru all the other setups for the mb. I just got my 500 back in the air yesterday so I chimed in because I also using the mb. Good luck!
AllanNg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NEED HELP WITH FLYBARLESS 500 TREX

Set some lower Duel Rates along with plenty of Expo. Probably the most effective way to tame any Heli.
I started with my Ail & Ele DR's at 50% when first learning and was flying solid Circuts before I felt I needed more agility and the need to lift them.
You will be surprised at how much lower DR's will tame your Heli.
eXo BD3SX Torq/BK HW ,Warp-Spirit/GeoLink MKS , #2 Warp-Spirit KST. iX12
Van Scott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in