Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Would this work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22mm-ODx-19m...YAAMXQeKNTOD54

I think you need a 22mm tube. You can if that needs to be thicker, epoxy an 18mm-19mm tube into it as well.
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishsick View Post
you wouldn't happen to be looking for a 2nd Mostro Nitro?
That sounds interesting but you should ask me in the spring, it is hard to think of another heli when it is snowing outside.
Gregsrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016, 08:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need a new starter coupling. Mine rounded off, most likely not heat treated properly. Now I need a new coupling. It has a 6mm shaft on one end and a 6mm hex pocket on the other end. Any ideals who else makes this part?
Gregsrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2016, 04:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Carbonxtreme seems to be alive. Ordered a bunch of spares, took a month to ship. But they did ship.
MA Whiplash 90E, SAB Goblin 700, Logo Xxtreme 800 and Banshee #25.
REVOLECTRIX Ambassador (save 10% on LiPos anytime at revolectrix.com w/ code EDJOHN18)
eddiscus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2016, 09:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like this thread. We have a fellow HF friend that has made the DFC arms so that part is possible. I followed the advice about Heli Wow and have a few canopies coming, and have leaned how to repair and paint the booms and make the Avant logo out of vinyl. I also have three E's and lots of parts if I can help someone.
My experiance with my Whiplash is that these parts last a very long time. I don't see me ever running out of Whiplash parts, so I'd expect the same with Mostro. Count me in on contributing (or using) ideas that will keep these going. I also like the different canopies that are popping up now.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyguerra View Post
I like this thread. We have a fellow HF friend that has made the DFC arms so that part is possible. I followed the advice about Heli Wow and have a few canopies coming, and have leaned how to repair and paint the booms and make the Avant logo out of vinyl. I also have three E's and lots of parts if I can help someone.
My experiance with my Whiplash is that these parts last a very long time. I don't see me ever running out of Whiplash parts, so I'd expect the same with Mostro. Count me in on contributing (or using) ideas that will keep these going. I also like the different canopies that are popping up now.
AWESOME! (Sweet canopies too BTW!!!)

I think it would be good to know if the Goblin 700 main gears are usable on the Mostro. If not then they probably are found on some AC compressor somewhere... and there's a way to identify them by pitch, tooth type, and diameter.

That would help. Nearly everything else can be set up. Measurements of the actual Monoblock would allow you to send to a machine shop and have one cranked out if needed.

Rest should be fairly easy to make or source.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FWIW, all available parts at AMain are on blowout. Might help someone looking for misc. stuff, and can save some cash at the same time.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=avant

Representing:
AMain Hobbies, XNova Motors
Jason Bell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2016, 01:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jason,

Good to see you on the Avant forum again Jason. I know that what happened to Avant was none of your doing as you were an excellent pilot and spokesman for Avant for years. However, you are one person that can tell us, the helicopter enthusiasts who bought and loved Avant helicopters, what happen to Avant and more importantly Augusto.

Those of us who spent our money supporting Avant feel that we are owed an explanation. Any explanation, as long as it's the truth would be appreciated. Sort of a closure thing I guess.

Thanks,
Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2016, 06:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep. Would be nice. (Even if it skipped any details I know may not be yours to tell.)

Important bits:
Is Avant dead?
If so, is there any chance of another company producing Mostro parts?
Is Augusto ok? (Just life took him in a totally different direction?)

Cool to know bits:
That you're aware of was he ever gonna tell us?
Was he fighting and what not till the end? (Possibly still fighting)
Who is shipping out orders for Carbon Extreme? (Someone must be... Folks are starting to get them)
Old 03-25-2016, 06:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by capebob View Post
Jason,

Good to see you on the Avant forum again Jason. I know that what happened to Avant was none of your doing as you were an excellent pilot and spokesman for Avant for years. However, you are one person that can tell us, the helicopter enthusiasts who bought and loved Avant helicopters, what happen to Avant and more importantly Augusto.

Those of us who spent our money supporting Avant feel that we are owed an explanation. Any explanation, as long as it's the truth would be appreciated. Sort of a closure thing I guess.

Thanks,
Bob
My last conversation with Augusto was around this time 1 year ago. It essentially encompassed that our contract was up and I personally didn't want to continue further with Avant, as our AMain heli team was revamped for 2015 forward and it made no sense to be "locked in" to 1 brand when AMain sells many different brands of helis.

I even told Augusto I was going to continue to fly the Nitro Mostro as it was a really nice nitro design, and basically the "latest and greatest". Unfortunately as everyone experienced you can't fly a heli you can't get parts for, so that basically came to a hault around May or June of 2015.

Quite a few people found me and IRCHA and asked what was going on, and I still to this date know about as much as everyone on the forums.

Representing:
AMain Hobbies, XNova Motors
Jason Bell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2016, 06:11 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Jason.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2016, 11:31 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you very much Jason!
Old 03-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

well that at least proves avant rc is no more.
blade nano s2
fatboyrob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyrob View Post
well that at least proves avant rc is no more.
Really it doesn't.

If the company is still periodically shipping parts, someone is there. I just wish I could get ahold of WHOEVER is there. I might be inclined to help someone buy out the company.
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 10:05 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's an interesting blurb in the About Us section of the CarbonXtreme web site. I don't know if this is something new, but the wording is interesting.

CARBONXTREME ONLINE STORE

ABOUT US:

CarbonXtreme is not afiliated with Avant RC but it's an online store dedicated to selling spare parts for any of the models ever produced by Avant RC at any time and order it from any country.

We never charge any credit card until the order is ready to ship and only for the parts that are being shipped.

CARBONXTREME"
Old 04-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dang... Its not showing a last modified date. I checked.

I'd just like to know if its still being manned, and by who. Crap... They'd make a ton of business if they popped in here to explain that parts now like "Whoppers" are just being made to order... It'd do a ton to quell any issues.

Below is my check. (No last modified date... so no way to tell how long its been that way.)

root@shaggy:~# curl -I http://www.carbonxtreme.com/catalog/index.php/about-us/
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 16:39:17 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.18 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.5.31
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Set-Cookie: frontend=359a5a1f1da18f98d4459958c1dcb8a2; expires=Mon, 04-Apr-2016 17:39:17 GMT; Max-Age=3600; path=/catalog; domain=www.carbonxtreme.com; HttpOnly
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Old 04-04-2016, 11:49 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just decided to ask them... HAHA! Hope that works...

The contact us form I submitted...

Is anyone there? I fly a Mostro 700 and myself as well as many many folks on Helifreak.com are all wondering how capable it will be for us to get parts for those great helis in the future. I think any pop in with info about not being affiliated with Avant, but somehow being able to access parts, or if you're building them to order, anything in those lines would drive quite a lot of business to your door.
If someone is there, please take a moment to respond on the Helifreak.com Avant forum.

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Sincerely,

Lee
Old 04-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreak View Post
Really it doesn't.

If the company is still periodically shipping parts, someone is there. I just wish I could get ahold of WHOEVER is there. I might be inclined to help someone buy out the company.

So you don't think its one person just selling off the remaining stock. They now don't provide any shops with parts in fact the shops are all just dumping their stock. This is the more likely explanation
blade nano s2
fatboyrob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyrob View Post
So you don't think its one person just selling off the remaining stock. They now don't provide any shops with parts in fact the shops are all just dumping their stock. This is the more likely explanation
It could be. Obviously the company is in distress. But as long as they are selling something, they are still in business. Wish we knew more. Is there ANYONE in Las Vegas near their address that could see if anything is still there, or if a neighboring business might know what happened?
Old 04-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Along similar story lines, do folks consider Curtis Youngblood's operation out of business at this point? I see posts about folks trying to get parts for their Rave helis and such. He still has a website and it looks like it's viable, but I'm seeing similar concerns about ongoing support.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in