Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > ModelGuard and SimStream

ModelGuard and SimStream ModelGuard and SimStream Official Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SimStream- wireless from your transmitter to simulator

SimStream enables you to use your own transmitter, with your simulator software, to sim WIRE-FREE from your armchair.

Great if you use a large screen and wish to be further back from the tv than the cable allows.

SimStream comes with its own receiver leaving you with nothing extra to purchase.

NO channel re-assignment needed ... nothing to alter in sim software (Spektrum simple stick re-calibartion needed)

Works with Futaba fasst, Spektrum and JR dsm2

Works with Phoenix, Clearview, RealFlight etc.

GO WIRE FREE!

http://www.modelguard.com

Last edited by ModelGuard; 07-02-2012 at 11:33 AM..
ModelGuard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very quick delivery to NZ, excellent. Vey easy to setup just follow the instructions, took less than two minutes. Phoenix works just like before without the cable out the back of the transmitter. Great job Steve thanks.
AndyRussellNZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

glad your happy, we always ship same day.

Setup is simple because you dont need to profile a new model in Phoenix, nor do you have to re-assign channels or any of that business. Just swap to SimStream wireless, do a quick stick calibration and your sitting in your easy chair within minutes!

Futaba users dont usually even need to re-calibrate sticks.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

=] Steve hi, highly recommend this product, can be flying in minutes!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hello Steve

I have basically gone through all your info and vids but I still had a few questions on your Sim Stream product for the Futaba system.

To mention it, I have a Futaba 8FGS radio and am using PhoenixRC on a Win7 64bit PC and all of the above are fully updated for software for what ever they are.

First, in your instructions and vids, you talk about binding with a Spek, but am just wondering how this is done specifically with the 8FGS Futaba system?

Basically for all the instructions I have for the 8FGS, there really is no Bind Mode you put the radio in or button for this to push or hold on the Tx. Basically, all that stuff is done via the Rx, which with your system, you are replacing.

So basically, does the rec the Futaba ver of SimStream comes with work the same as the Spek ver where it has a bind plug and all the rest works the same except for that you are not putting the Tx in a Bind Mode?

So if this is correct, first setup and make sure your Tx works with the Sim and the dongle. Then plug everything of the dongle together with the SimSteam and turn on the sim and plug in SimStream and have it looking for Binding to something.

Then with the Futaba radio ready to start in the model you want to use, turn on the radio and the whole thing will bind to that radio and that model?

Or is there a different way this should be done?

Also in relation to this, I think if I'm correct, for Futabas you say there is no real need to have a dedicated Rec profile in sim? So if this is correct, do I just then use the same Futaba Tx profile I was using before in the sim, or maybe what ever custom one I set up?

In a second area of questions, for the Futaba 8FGS, do I use a model in the Tx that is setup for the 7Ch only mode or Multi-Channel mode? And if Multi-Channel mode is possible, should I use Multi 1 or 2?

Basically just to mention it here, Multi 1 is the 8 channel mode and Multi 2 is how you get 14 channels.

For a third question, I was just wondering if you have any comments you can make on the signal power capabilities of your Rec over say an actual manufacture similar part?

Reason I ask and I know you really couldn't say about this specifically, but I was thinking to make things really clean, as I have this large and think wooden desk, an my PC is right next to it, that I would put the whole bag of wrapped items in the back cubby of the extra space that is at the back of one of the large bottom draws, and then run a USB line out from under the back of the desk into the back of the PC.

Again basically I know you could never 100% comment on how strong the signal connection for all that would be to as if it would work fine or have issues, but if its just as strong as the actual Futaba parts, I'm sure it will work fine.

Lastly, have you had any issues with and or can comment to me that it will work just fine with your product working with Win7 64 bit OS system?

I would gather it's perfectly fine with Win7, but still even today, sometimes you run across things that get funny with a 64Bit OS, so I was just wondering if you can tell me if there is for sure no issues with using it with one of those.

Hope that all wasn't too much to ask about but just wanted to cover some of these so I would not run into an issue later.

Thanks a great deal for any help.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use this to fly my sim on my 10' projector. All the A/V equipment is in the closet but now I just hook up the computer in the closet, use the simstream and fly with no wires. Really a great product.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Hello Steve

I have basically gone through all your info and vids but I still had a few questions on your Sim Stream product for the Futaba system.

To mention it, I have a Futaba 8FGS radio and am using PhoenixRC on a Win7 64bit PC and all of the above are fully updated for software for what ever they are.

First, in your instructions and vids, you talk about binding with a Spek, but am just wondering how this is done specifically with the 8FGS Futaba system?

SimStream comes with a Futaba compatible receiver. I used the word 'bind' and maybe thats where you are confused. basically you bind or link the receiver with your transmitter in the same way as you do a futaba rx, i.e you press a button on the rx and it links with your transmitter

Basically for all the instructions I have for the 8FGS, there really is no Bind Mode you put the radio in or button for this to push or hold on the Tx. Basically, all that stuff is done via the Rx, which with your system, you are replacing.No SimStream comes with a receiver, you press the button on the receiver to put it in link or bind mode.

So basically, does the rec the Futaba ver of SimStream comes with work the same as the Spek ver where it has a bind plug and all the rest works the same except for that you are not putting the Tx in a Bind Mode?No, it comes wit a futaba type receiver you link with your transmitter

So if this is correct, first setup and make sure your Tx works with the Sim and the dongle. Then plug everything of the dongle together with the SimSteam and turn on the sim and plug in SimStream and have it looking for Binding to something.Yes, first get the sim working how you like it using the phoenix cable. Second, disconnect the cable from your tx and PC, connect it to the Simstream, connect the Simstream/cable bundle to the PC. Thirdly, press the button on the SimStream RX to bind to your transmitter. done!

Then with the Futaba radio ready to start in the model you want to use, turn on the radio and the whole thing will bind to that radio and that model?Once the SimStream is connect to your PC and linked to your transmitter it behaves exactly like the cable but with no wires. Simple as that, there is no difference

Or is there a different way this should be done?

Also in relation to this, I think if I'm correct, for Futabas you say there is no real need to have a dedicated Rec profile in sim? So if this is correct, do I just then use the same Futaba Tx profile I was using before in the sim, or maybe what ever custom one I set up?Use the same profile you used when connected with the cable only.

In a second area of questions, for the Futaba 8FGS, do I use a model in the Tx that is setup for the 7Ch only mode or Multi-Channel mode? And if Multi-Channel mode is possible, should I use Multi 1 or 2? Dont alter anything in the TX, if its working with a cable it will work with SimStream

Basically just to mention it here, Multi 1 is the 8 channel mode and Multi 2 is how you get 14 channels.

For a third question, I was just wondering if you have any comments you can make on the signal power capabilities of your Rec over say an actual manufacture similar part?The SimStream RX has a similar range to a standard Futaba RX

Reason I ask and I know you really couldn't say about this specifically, but I was thinking to make things really clean, as I have this large and think wooden desk, an my PC is right next to it, that I would put the whole bag of wrapped items in the back cubby of the extra space that is at the back of one of the large bottom draws, and then run a USB line out from under the back of the desk into the back of the PC.I believe that would be fine, I have flown form down my street through a thick brick wall!

Again basically I know you could never 100% comment on how strong the signal connection for all that would be to as if it would work fine or have issues, but if its just as strong as the actual Futaba parts, I'm sure it will work fine.It is

Lastly, have you had any issues with and or can comment to me that it will work just fine with your product working with Win7 64 bit OS system?SimStream works fine with any operating system and any Fasst Transmitter.

I would gather it's perfectly fine with Win7, but still even today, sometimes you run across things that get funny with a 64Bit OS, so I was just wondering if you can tell me if there is for sure no issues with using it with one of those.If your sim works with you PC wired to your Tx then it will work the same wireless with SimStream

Hope that all wasn't too much to ask about but just wanted to cover some of these so I would not run into an issue later.

Thanks a great deal for any help.
Hope ive made this clear!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelGuard View Post
Hope ive made this clear!
Great thanks for all the answers Steve, I know it was a lot.

Just placed a order.

Thanks again.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for you order. It will be shipped first thing in the morning (evening here).

I never mind answering questions thats what this forum is for.

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

since I didnt win one... I orderd one
Old 09-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

item received!

wow, why didnt I do this before...?

had it up and running in about 60 seconds, with bind + resetup of tx on the phoenix
Old 09-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks like I will be placing a order for simstream this Friday. My futaba adapter is on the fritz and its sending false signals to my 8fg..

Minicopter Diabolo 700 / Mikado Logo 550sx
BTB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTB View Post
Looks like I will be placing a order for simstream this Friday. My futaba adapter is on the fritz and its sending false signals to my 8fg..
A lot of Futaba users have this problem. Its due to the square plug not making good contact. Just dont do any buddy boxing with it!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I finally stopped playing around and placed a order for my simstream. I can't wait for it to get here..

Old 11-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just got my simstream in the mail today. I opened the package connected three wires and 15 secs later I was up and running. Thanks Steve..

Old 11-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad hurricane sandy didnt get between a man and his sim.

Enjoy... nothing like going wireless is there!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelGuard View Post
Glad hurricane sandy didnt get between a man and his sim.

Enjoy... nothing like going wireless is there!
I was one of the lucky ones, I didn't lose power and didn't have any flooding.

It actually feels like I'm at the field almost since I ditched the wire. I should have made the switch to simstream months ago.. Once you go wireless you never go back..

Old 06-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

ModelGuard hope all is well. This is an older thread but am wondering if you still have any of the SimStream adapters available?

Thanks,
Robert
RFHavens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in