Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > OpenTX Radios

OpenTX Radios OpenTX Radios Discussion and Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2016, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Horus X12S

What ever happened to the new FrSky transmitter. I thought it was out last year but I don’t see any for sale. I see some showing up at contests and events. Did FrSky stop production or what?

Last edited by RC Mike; 07-17-2016 at 03:12 PM..
RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I assume you mean the Horus? They never started production proper. Latest I heard prototypes were out with beta testers. AFAIK there is still no official public release date.

If I were to guess I'd go for end of this year or early 2017 but they were saying the same thing last year so who knows?
Old 07-17-2016, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, I corrected the name.
I am looking for something late this year or early next so I will keep on the lookout.

They must have made quite a few for the beta testers because I have seen quite a few over the past year. Looks like a nice radio.

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did a bit of digging and on the FrSky forum a reply by FrSky customer service said they were expecting general release in two months.. So add a month on to get to dealers.. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Checked rcgroups last week, pretty disappointed members there as still no "official" release date is given or even indicated. Questions we're not very welcome on that forum...

Amainhobbies page mentions dec. 2016.

Apparantly a OpenTX 2.2 release excist for the Horus, but "also" still under dvelopment.
apper001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's in the hands of beta folks now.

Pretty sure there will be changes to final, so I'd expect dates to slip significantly. But that's just me talking and guessing based on prior moves:

1. If they were really close, we'd see a lot more in the way of announcements, leaks, excitement from the beta community....
* - So I'd wager their beta told them they weren't as close as they thought they were. (No beta folks are excited enough to slip / leak a brag about it... And the open source developers would have a ton more to say too.)

2. More so than in the past, I'd wager this will end up being worth the wait.
* - With a ton of R&D this late, kudos to Frsky for not pinching this one off and kicking it over the fence for this flying season. When it does get here, it might be just as polished as other offerings.

Jeti is coming out with the DS and DC 24's and the price is largely the same as the older DS16... Plus the DS14's, including the $999 BK edition, can now be had for much lower. ($799 BK at Amain, plus $695 std DS14)

If you can hold out to actually choose from Horus vs Jeti, you may end up with an amazing Horus or a killer price on a Jeti!
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2016, 05:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny_jeeves View Post
Jeti is coming out with the DS and DC 24's and the price is largely the same as the older DS16...
same price ? http://www.topmodel.fr/goodsdoc/007J...1469106063.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny_jeeves View Post
Plus the DS14's, including the $999 BK edition, can now be had for much lower. ($799 BK at Amain, plus $695 std DS14)
I will neverr fill up the BK monkey pocket but his radio is ugly and has nothing special.
Everest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Frsky's site is announcing an IPO. Seems they're raising cash for something, likely to fund production of Horus.
Raleighcopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2016, 08:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Full disclosure. I'm on the beta team so that limits what I can say about it that you can't find elsewhere.

No price announced that I'm aware of yet. They are telling us on the beta team that it's close.

I'm going to bring mine to IRCHA if you want to look at it. I'll make sure I have the latest OS firmware loaded.

PM me if you want to find me there.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hobbyking now has a picture of it with a sign-up spot to keep informed. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...12S_Radio.html

Cool that you are on the beta team.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default It's coming !!!!!

Dear Customer

Thank you for you patience! the wait is nearly over. We are excited that Frsky have announced the intended release of the Horus X12S for sale late August/early September!!

As we are the UK's Premier Frsky Retailer we will receive the first batches for sale and because you have registered interest with us, we are now notifying you.
T9 will open pre-ordering, on our website, when the shipments are on their way to us. You will be notified when this happens to give you chance to get yours first

Price for the Horus X12S including case, will be estimated around £400 plus VAT ( £480 including VAT, price in GBP ) dependent on the current exchange rate at the time. We will also be selling the
new S6R receiver with Inbuilt 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer sensor to compliment the Horus, price around the £27 (£32 including VAT)

Also T9 will have in stock two accessories a must for the Horus:
1. Bracket set for the neck strap which holds the set in the perfect position. as per pic
2. Lipo battery internal charging conversion kit.

Info to come very soon!!
Thanks

Old 07-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

So the Horus will cost more than my Vbar control did!

I have to say, I wasn't expecting that. I was planning to change my Taranis for one, but there's just no way it's happening at that price point. I guess the Jeti looks also come with the Jeti price tag.

I am happy to hear it will finally be on the shelves. It's been a long time coming. I think I'd still prefer OpenTX though than FrSky's firmware, unless they've done an exceptional job.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it's right there with it. Converting it comes up to around $630 USD the Vcontrol new is $700 if I am not mistaken. Yes it sounds expensive but a DX9 Black Edition is $600 so we are talking a very competitive price for a premium radio. Vcontrol and DX9 are about the same type of radio in regards to build. The Horus has Hall Effect gimbals and the build and robustness are more in par with Jeti. Now as far as features I don't really know.

If I supports DSMX it will be hard to hold off and not buy it. I wanted to upgrade radio for a DX9 Black Ed anyways. Tempting this Horus guy. Only issue is I need to use it for a bit to check the weight as I use my radio without strap or anything, so I need my radio to not be dead heavy.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2016, 04:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I live in the UK (I buy my receivers from T9 who that email above is from) and my V control was £444 in February this year, so £36 cheaper than the expected Horus price.
Now, that's $581, but would have been more like $660 at the time as the exchange rate is the lowest for 30 years right now.

I don't know what goes on with Mikado's USA pricing. Kits are always cheaper than in the EU, because EU prices include ~20% tax, but the V control has always cost more than in the EU, even though US prices don't include sale tax.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
If I supports DSMX it will be hard to hold off and not buy it.
It doesn't have DSMX support 'natively' but it takes a module so you could use an orange DSMX module just like you can on the Taranis.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1275mini View Post
Dear Customer

Thank you for you patience! the wait is nearly over. We are excited that Frsky have announced the intended release of the Horus X12S for sale late August/early September!!

As we are the UK's Premier Frsky Retailer we will receive the first batches for sale and because you have registered interest with us, we are now notifying you.
T9 will open pre-ordering, on our website, when the shipments are on their way to us. You will be notified when this happens to give you chance to get yours first

Price for the Horus X12S including case, will be estimated around £400 plus VAT ( £480 including VAT, price in GBP ) dependent on the current exchange rate at the time. We will also be selling the
new S6R receiver with Inbuilt 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer sensor to compliment the Horus, price around the £27 (£32 including VAT)

Also T9 will have in stock two accessories a must for the Horus:
1. Bracket set for the neck strap which holds the set in the perfect position. as per pic
2. Lipo battery internal charging conversion kit.

Info to come very soon!!
Thanks

I want one, but I'll believe it when I see it.
rickn816 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2016, 09:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hehehe....

So any more chatter about Horus?

1. Did any of you at IRCHA get to mess with Mr. Webber's Horus?
2. Anyone see one who's not under NDA got comments on it?

If they nail the feel they got a winner.

Horus + OpenTX = Jeti DS16 full featured for a fraction of the price...
Horus + Standard UI = probably a better option than a DS14 at a similar price.... (Kills the Spektrum offering by leaps and bounds)

I'm in the camp that thinks it'll be delayed again. Past September... But hopefully I'm wrong.
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

T9hobbysport (the UK FrSky distributor) said their stock will be shipped to them on Wednesday 24th August and they expect it to arrive on 29th.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Horus Now available at horusrc.com

Hello everyone,
I am new here, i do posting on rcgroup. I have posted about horus x12s available from 24th at hourusrc.com. They are the first have the product in stock. Today i checked that they have sold out their first stock. You can see this message in the product page now "Our first stock sold out. Saturday we will have new stock, you can place pre-order here."

Here is the product page - https://www.horusrc.com/en/frsky-hor...ps-module.html
bowenrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2016, 12:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Paid for mine due to be shipped by the 30th worth the wait

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in