Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default THE 14MZ!!! >=(

Ok.. Ok... I have to admit it. I have no power over it. It's stronger than me. I'm its servant.

Today, I tried to resist, but I couldn't. Just couldn't.
Called MTA hobbies and got my 14MZ.

This radio is something evil, man!! It steals your mind!! You just CAN'T RESIST after seeing one. You have to buy it.

Well.. now it's too late to complain. I was totally dominated by its force. :mrgreen:

Last edited by TowPilot; 08-09-2010 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: removed the cursing in the title
alex.venom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Welcome to the club!

I am just waiting for the FASST modules myself....
TOday I was in my local LHS and almost bought the Spectrum module for it but since I buddy box A LOT of n00bs, I decided not to go for it.

Also I converted my Trex600 from 14mz with G3 RX to the DX7 with AR7000 and seriously I COULD FEEL the resolution loss AND I could also feel the CCPM interactions that I was able to dial out with the 14MZ's GREAT swash menu and cant with the DX7.

I want my 14MZ back!!!!! But wont until FASST

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Don't worry, Bob!! Tower Hobbies will have them late August!! And Futaba's will handle 14 channels while Spektrum's only handle 8 I think.

I'm thinking buying one myself. But for now I'll have to focus on my Credit Card's bill. This thing is PRETTY expensive. :mrgreen:

I hope it gets here fast. I can't wait to see what kind of surprises this baby will have to me :mrgreen:
Old 07-26-2007, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alex are you in Brazil??

I just came back from 3 years in Brazil - MAN RC-stuff is EXPENSIIIVE down there- hope you didn´t buy the 14MZ there??

AND nobody has control over what stock comes in - how do you keep off being grounded all the time (except to avoid crashes :wink: )
:glasses2:

BUT you're right - I love my 14MZ, athough i don't have much experience yet. I too will wait patiently for the FASST modules!
MSH Protos "Monsterheli", HDX-450
hookmaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hey, Hookmaker!! I'm from São Paulo!
Yeah. Tell me about it. A 14MZ down here in a store costs like 9.000 brazilian reais. That would be like 4.600 US dollars.
That's why I got mine in the US and shipped here. Pretty expensive also, but still worths.

This is the Brazilian Taxes system.

I never buy my stuff down here. I try to keep my own stock of "most breakable parts" and try my best avoid crashing.
When you buy something in the US, usually takes 3 weeks to get to your door. From China is like 2 weeks.
That's why I have 3 helis now. While I repair one, I fly the oters. :mrgreen:

If you ever come down here again (besides our plane crashing activities lately), you'll be very welcome to fly with me. I'm totally noob yet, but at least we can make a barbecue and have some beer.
I invited Bob to come too... but he never answered me
Old 07-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
I guess I missed the invite!!!

HECK YEA! If I ever come down there you bet I will hook up and fly with you!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

If I ever make down to Brazil I'd be too busy watching the women to fly Helis :wink:
Scrub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, no doubt about it. The 12's and 14's are super sweet radios. The ONLY thing I would like a DX7 for is the 2.4 capability. However, I'm going to be patient and wait for the Futaba solution. Just wish it would have been here before the jamboree.
Kinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2007, 09:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
Welcome to the club!

I am just waiting for the FASST modules myself....
TOday I was in my local LHS and almost bought the Spectrum module for it but since I buddy box A LOT of n00bs, I decided not to go for it.

Also I converted my Trex600 from 14mz with G3 RX to the DX7 with AR7000 and seriously I COULD FEEL the resolution loss AND I could also feel the CCPM interactions that I was able to dial out with the 14MZ's GREAT swash menu and cant with the DX7.

I want my 14MZ back!!!!! But wont until FASST

Bob
Yea.. me too. I couldn't resist the 12z anymore and got one.

One good thing I noticed at the Lafayette fly-in a couple of weeks ago, with all you guys on 2.4, I never had to give up the pin on my channel on 72

So I'm also waiting on the FASST stuff so I can feel safer flying my trex and foamies at the local park.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Having been to Brazil (Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro) I can honestly say they know how to do up a barbeque. I have never had so many different (and seriously delicious) kinds of meat in my life..

The only downside to the trip was getting hooked on caipirinhas and the MASSIVE 2 day hangover I had when I got home from the trip.

FYI: This is a caipirinha

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2007, 01:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alex! Well, you never know, might be back someday - but only after they extended that runway in Congonhas to double length! Poor souls, It was a horrible accident.

I realy miss those churrascos (Brazilian grills)! Luckily I brought my own grill with rotating spits to Denmark - NOBODY here can make picanha without those! My friends LOVE it when I do those!

Where or which club are you flying in or near Sao Paulo?

/Henrik
Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
Quote:
I guess I missed the invite!!!

HECK YEA! If I ever come down there you bet I will hook up and fly with you!

Bob
Don't worry, Bob! You are still invited to come :wink:
And trust me.. you're VERY famous around here. Almost nobody speaks english here, but I showed your videos to LOTS of people (making a on-the-fly translation) and you have a pretty big fan club around :wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub
If I ever make down to Brazil I'd be too busy watching the women to fly Helis :wink:
Well, Scrub.. we can go fly our helis on the beach. As I said before, flying helis here is like a "millionair's" sport. Only VERY rich people fly them around here (except for me, sure.. I saved money for FOUR YEARS before buying mine) , so every girl will think you're rich and you can score a lot :mrgreen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddz
Having been to Brazil (Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro) I can honestly say they know how to do up a barbeque. I have never had so many different (and seriously delicious) kinds of meat in my life..

The only downside to the trip was getting hooked on caipirinhas and the MASSIVE 2 day hangover I had when I got home from the trip.

FYI: This is a caipirinha
Did you like Brazilian barbecue? If you ever come back, give me a call. I'll take you to a barbecue place that you are going to consider living around here forever :mrgreen:
It's called "Fogo de Chao" (Fire from ground), and haves the BEST barbecue ever. All you can eat for like 30 USD. :wink:
And boy.. I just LOVE caipirinhas. We gotta make some :glasses2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookmaker
Alex! Well, you never know, might be back someday - but only after they extended that runway in Congonhas to double length! Poor souls, It was a horrible accident.

I realy miss those churrascos (Brazilian grills)! Luckily I brought my own grill with rotating spits to Denmark - NOBODY here can make picanha without those! My friends LOVE it when I do those!

Where or which club are you flying in or near Sao Paulo?

/Henrik
Don't worry, hookmaker! Congonhas is just for National flights and the airport is closed now (I think) after that accident. If you come, you will arrive in Guarulhos and that's a pretty good airport.
Picanha is my favorite meat cut. I feel so sorry you guys out of Brazil don't use that part of the cow (at least I just could not find it in America.. ANYWHERE).
I use to fly in a club called Aerosampa (www.aerosampa.com.br). It's pretty small and very simple, but it's like 20 minutes from home and haves a beautiful view.

We should make a "International Helifreaks Association". You guys can all stay at my house and we can do like a "Hostel" for Helifreaks only :mrgreen:
Old 07-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alex! That club looks a hell of a lot more serious than many here in Denmark - at least I see you have your own "bar" or "restaurant" - at the club I fly in we have the option to order in burgers from the local burger shack!

/Henrik
Old 07-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: GOD DAMN THE 14MZ!!! >=(

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.venom
Ok.. Ok... I have to admit it. I have no power over it. It's stronger than me. I'm its servant.

This radio is something evil, man!! It steals your mind!! You just CAN'T RESIST after seeing one. You have to buy it.

Well.. now it's too late to complain. I was totally dominated by its force. :mrgreen:
exact same feeling as I had when I ordered the 14MZ. I think whats common between us all is the fact that we like to Touch things !

don't worry, you may feel guilty now, but as soon as it's in your hands u'll feel alot more better, just hurry and convert a music file you like to WMA using windows's Movie Maker :wink:

oh, and I got over it and now settled for a 12Z instead ! man if the wife knew how much these costed me
R-4-L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

I made the fatal mistake of holding one in my LHS. 2 days later it was sitting in my living room - battery charging :glasses2:

Morley F1 60 Max (OS 61LX-H), Hirobo SDX (OS 55HZ-H, GY701), Trex 450SE + some planks
MarkD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2007, 05:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alex, remember to get some spare Sony batteries in some webshop - they are a LOT cheaper than Futaba spare batteries (30% of the price) - playing around a programming/setting up the 14MZ uses a lot of battery. :glasses2:

/Henrik
Old 07-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Alex! That club looks a hell of a lot more serious than many here in Denmark - at least I see you have your own "bar" or "restaurant" - at the club I fly in we have the option to order in burgers from the local burger shack!

/Henrik
Well.. you shouldn't complain, Hook! In Denmark you have LOTS of blond girls (my favorites :mrgreen: ). If you want to exchange, I can give you my club's bedge and you can give me a blond with 23-26 years old.
Do we have a deal?? :mrgreen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-4-L
Quote:

exact same feeling as I had when I ordered the 14MZ. I think whats common between us all is the fact that we like to Touch things !

don't worry, you may feel guilty now, but as soon as it's in your hands u'll feel alot more better, just hurry and convert a music file you like to WMA using windows's Movie Maker :wink:

oh, and I got over it and now settled for a 12Z instead ! man if the wife knew how much these costed me
I hope so, R-4-L. I REALLY hope so.. because up to now I'm just feeling VERY BAD everytime I look at my credit card's bill :mrgreen:

Quote:
Alex, remember to get some spare Sony batteries in some webshop - they are a LOT cheaper than Futaba spare batteries (30% of the price) - playing around a programming/setting up the 14MZ uses a lot of battery. :glasses2:

/Henrik
Oh! Thanks for the hint, Hook! I'll try to find some at eBay or something. But that can take a while, as I just said, my CC's bill keeps saying "nothing more for this month" :mrgreen:
Old 07-30-2007, 02:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Did you like Brazilian barbecue? If you ever come back, give me a call. I'll take you to a barbecue place that you are going to consider living around here forever :mrgreen:
It's called "Fogo de Chao" (Fire from ground), and haves the BEST barbecue ever. All you can eat for like 30 USD. :wink:
And boy.. I just LOVE caipirinhas. We gotta make some :glasses2:
Do I ever like Brazilian Barbeque! Don't know if I'll ever get back to Sao Paolo, but I'd love to go back to Rio someday.

As for the caipirinhas, I may have to pass. I brought some Cachaga (I think that's how you spell it) back with me to make 'em at home, and the bottle's been sitting since then. Almost 8 years now. I still remember the hangover! hehehe

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in