Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2006, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trex 600 and glitches

hi all .
i fly a 450 se and i have glitches every now and then
im from the netherlands and the 600 is not on the market yet over here .
i really love my 450 but i really hate the glitches .
now the 600 is coming soon and it looks like a nice and thrilling package to me !![saw scabo doing stuff with it ]
my q is , is this machine glitch free ? and is it allready a good machine with all the small probs solved ?i am thinking of it , but over here i saw a package with a e raptor 50 with motor and jazz reg and 2 packs for 999 euro , wich is slightly cheaper than the 600 will be . flyin weight of raptor will be 3300 grams [advertised like this ]. what you think ?
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any electric heli can suffer glitches depending upon how it is set up. The Trex's ESC comes with a ferrite ring on the lead to the receiver which helps plus it's much easier to keep a reasonable distance between the ESC & the receiver, a problem with the much smaller size to play with!

From reports so far I've only heard of one crash due to a lockout, mine's fine so far but I'm yet to venture very far away as I've only been able to do shake down hovers at a local field which is a little small, I'll be able to get to one of my main flying sites on Saturday. I am using a good quality JR PCM receiver (R900S) which gives a good range check and I'm flying a Swift with a similar setup without problems.
stevehonn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2006, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

During 3D flight testing the other evening with our 600, and after 6 flights that same evening, both close in and very far out, and with a Deans Based Loaded antenna installed, we had no hint of glitches.

We are using the Futaba 149 PCM Rx driven by a Futaba 9C on ours. Russ McCutcheon of Ridgefield, Washington was the pilot.

.........Dennis
dennis@deetee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2006, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Where do you have the Deans mounted? I've got my Quick UK aerial fixed to the rear skid pointing backwards so its well clear of the electrics.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats the exact same location as mine. Makes good sense. No probs.

.........Dennis
dennis@deetee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the reply, happier now

Trex 600N Sport, 700N , Trex 250, Beam E4, Trex 550E, Raptor E550, Mikado Logo 500 3D, now a happy user of Futaba 10CG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in