Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Helimax Novus CP or Walkera 4G3?

Which one is a better 3D heli? I fly an MCX and a CX2(dad's) but also plenty of 3D helis on Realflight G4.5 and I am very good at various 3D maneuvers, not sure what a lot of them are called but they're fun to do. So I want to know which is better for the price? My LHS has both of them but the Walkera is about $190 and the Helimax is about $215 so I want to know which is better for the price?
Stampedekid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=130217
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I like the Walkera much better... after all, Novus spelled backwards is Suvon, and everyone knows that that means!
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

no, I don't...
jh71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

nothing... I'm joking... the Novus is a rebranded Walkera... They are the exact same heli... Actually, they are the older version of the Walkeras
Old 04-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Walkera came up with the design, and sells for the best price. It's a "no-brainer".
4stripes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As many others have noted, the biggest advantage is that many LHS will carry the Novus and spare parts, so it may make it cost-justifiable as you won't have to pay for shipping.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Same problem, lol

Wow, I am having the Same problem, I can't decide between which one, the Novus CP or the Walkera 4G3, lol. I heard that the Walkeras don't have as good waranties, nor support. What is this supposed to mean and is it true???
3Dflightcrazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get whichever one that gives you dead-on-arrival replacement warranty. If both or none do, get the Walkera one. It's going to be cheaper.
mprasm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dflightcrazy View Post
..I heard that the Walkeras don't have as good waranties, nor support. What is this supposed to mean and is it true???
Not true. Warranty issues are usually handled by the store you buy it from. Several stores like ClubHeli and WowHobbies individually test fly each heli to ensure it works and is set up properly prior to shipping it to you. If something is going to fail, it is most likely going to fail very soon after you receive it. If the store where you bought it from understands anything about customer service, they will work with you to fix the issue to your satisfaction.

The big difference is that the Novus line represents the prior generation of the Walkera model. The Novus CP for example, is the older 4G3 plastic head version of the Walkera 4G3. If you want the latest generation and metal head, then the 4G3 is your only choice!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well actually my LHS sells more 4G3's than Novus CP's suprisingly enough and there's a full line of replacement parts there for the 4G3 so I would assume same for 4G3. I asked them and they said the 4G3 is a better deal.
Stampedekid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
Which one is a better 3D heli? I fly an MCX and a CX2(dad's) but also plenty of 3D helis on Realflight G4.5 and I am very good at various 3D maneuvers, not sure what a lot of them are called but they're fun to do. So I want to know which is better for the price? My LHS has both of them but the Walkera is about $190 and the Helimax is about $215 so I want to know which is better for the price?
The novus range are actually re-badged walkera models with a new paint job - so in reality there is nothing in it apart from price.

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
Well actually my LHS sells more 4G3's than Novus CP's suprisingly enough and there's a full line of replacement parts there for the 4G3 so I would assume same for 4G3. I asked them and they said the 4G3 is a better deal.
Novus CP's are not out yet, so how does that happen?
jackbutler1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2009, 03:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

For same price as Helimax Novus CP you should get the Walkera Brushless 4g3 with metal rotor head.
I think Helimax is extra middle man so CP cost too much.
shenzhenstar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2009, 03:54 AM   #15 (permalink)

Talk about skipping the middle man, you can find premium canopies, frames and skids for Walkera and Nouvs from micro-flight.com (very reliable and friendly). I also got some resonable deals on Lama2-1 RTF (upgraded Novus CX) for $99 and the 4#3b RTF metal brushless edition (upgraded Novus FP) for $139 from wowhobbies.com in good old Southern Calif. Too bad the cheaper 2 in 1 combo pak (Lama2-1 & 4#3B & Tx) for $199 has a brush 4#3B instead of the the brushless. May be a better way to go is to get the 4#3B RTF metal brushless for $139 which has the Tx and the Lama2-1 without Tx for $75 so I end up with the two helis I want with just one Tx. Also saw some good prices from HK on the internet but I'm thinking the oversea thing might be good for $5 parts that can't be found locally buuut.... helicopter is a whole diff animal to do long distance service. How do HK vendors service the heli anyhow? Can't picture them sending out free replacement parts without waiting for me to send the bad parts back and having them received in China? That's going to take foreeeeever!
axellehmannair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2009, 06:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Terence at chinesejade has given me very good service from Hong Kong. $5 shipping for any order (any size or number of items) arrives here in Canada in 7 to 10 days. I've never had to pay any customs or handling charges making me very happy having bought 3 helicopters and countless parts. Any parts that didn't work were replaced for free. He is a good businessman and will answer any emailed questions promptly.
Cheers Eric
4stripes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Big big plus for Terence. Yay!
mprasm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, thank you all very much for your help, but I sorta changed my mind on it all, lol, I ended up getting the Heli-Max Axe 400 3D, I just picked it up from the hobby shop today. but anyone who wants to keep posting on this forum, go right ahead, it could be good future reference for someone else with the same questions.........

Thank you all,
Seabrook
3Dflightcrazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Both the Helimax Novus CP and Nouvs FP arrived while I was at the store this week. Since the Novus CP and FP are rebadged versions of my Walkera 4g3 and 4#3b helicopters doesn't mean you should rule them out... right? To start, the prices are a bit high so I thought the features might make up for the difference. Was I wrong, both the Novus CP & FP are old over-priced Walkera helicopters with cheap features. None of the upgrades are standard so you have to spend another $80 to bring the Novus CP & FP half way to current Walkera standards. And to bring the Novus FP and CP all the way to current Walkera technology - you need to cut the whole tail off... at that point you might as well exchange the Novus for a Walkera. The biggest flaw is that the brushed motors on the CP & FP will die when the brushes ware out. Upgrading the brushed to brushless motors requires some experience to change out multiple components (not just the motor). In many regards the Nouvs CP has seen worse flaws than the Novus FP. For unknown reasons, Helimax has also opted to cut corners by using cheaper plastic Novus CP head rotor parts. The Novus CP is, at best, a weak 3D performer without the current brushless upgrades on both the main and the tail motors (double brushless). The ultimate option right now is the Turbo version of the new double brushless helicopters approprietly named the Walkera 4G3 Double Turbo Brushless helicopter and the Walkera 4#3B Double Turbo Brushless helicopter (FP) which are both metal head helicopters that has been upgraded to the max.
maxmicrox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #20 (permalink)

I work for a LHS. The Novus CX sold through pretty fast because most beginners don't know Walkera Lama2-1 is a better buy. But big shipment of Novus CP , Novus FP came in last week and we only sold 1 or 2 ea. The old timers all went with the Walkera 4g3 and 4#3b instead. I think Helimax intentionally left out the nice upgrades on the Novus CP and FP so people have to buy them later. Well it back fired.
dragonue is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in