Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 02:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No Rate mode. Confirmed.

TT confirmed that there is no Rate mode for tail, no matter the total gain has white or dark background.

quote of an email from TT to myself

"
The G-T5 is always in heading hold mode. Please make sure the G-T5 has returned to Main Menu before flying.

Best regards,
Customer Service
Thunder Tiger Corp."

Guruduck
guruduck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

did they specify what the difference is between the white and black background then? I am having issues with drift and wag and they seem to be solved when im against a white background at 97 and all kinds of headaches when im at 93 on the black background.
vic7322 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

checking with TT. Will report back later.

Guruduck
Old 03-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good work man, I will be checking
vic7322 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. I got back from TT. First of all, I appreciate TT customer service. Although it took awhile between email exchange (due to time difference), they were willing to help. I fully understood it was difficult for TT to diagnose my problem over text. They gave their try and I decided to do my own test....

So, for the interest of many owners, I asked TT some questions. To my surprise some of the answers were opposite to my findings. It could be me, just a noob to the device.

Question 1
What is the difference of Total Gain in positive (white word on black background) and negative (black word on white background) values?
Answer 1
No difference.

Question 2
There are two tail deadband settings. What are the difference?
(1) Under P/I menu
(2) Under Expo menu
Answer 2
Please ignore the Expo menu and always set up under P/I menu. The Expo menu is something more like a quick setup.

Question 3
When will next firmware be available?

Answer 3
We do not have the plan to release a next firmware for the moment.

Question 4
What is the recommended tail servo for 500 size?
Answer 4
Hitec and Align servos do not work well with G-T5 due to signal identification problem according to our tests. We recommend tail servos from Futaba, JR, MKS...etc.

Please chime in your comments so that we can write up our next request to TT.

Guruduck
Old 03-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruduck View Post
Question 2
There are two tail deadband settings. What are the difference?
(1) Under P/I menu
(2) Under Expo menu
Answer 2
Please ignore the Expo menu and always set up under P/I menu. The Expo menu is something more like a quick setup.

Question 3
When will next firmware be available?

Answer 3
We do not have the plan to release a next firmware for the moment.
Their answers seems strange...

1,) I dont seen any difference on my TDR
2.) In G-T5 is not EXPO menu, there is STICK menu. In stick menu is stick deadband. In P/I menu is tail sensor deadband or D deadband.
3.) Then how TT want to fix satellite FS problem and some cosmetical problems (incorrect scale numbers in some settings).
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

in contrast to their answer I found a very definate difference between the 2 backgrounds, on the white tail would hold only one way in ttocs and rainbows, switching to black background immediate difference, and I'm not the only one who found it better on black, I'm wondering if they really know the system, maybe we should ask ac3 x instead.
also of they don't plan a firmware or software update soon I spell the end for them, there are frankly too many little gremlins for the average joe to deal with
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will not get any answer from Stefan Plochinger (AC-3X father) or Christian Samuelis. If you want answers, try this guy joerk.hennek@thundertiger-europe.com . If there will not be update for G-T5 i dont care, if there will be update i am not sure if i will update, because current version suit me perfect. I tried most of FBL systems and i am really satisfied only with G-T5.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

just going through an Ar7200bx set up , by comparison i think i prefer the GT5 as the parameters are more accessable, but the bX manual is crystal clear. My impression is that the original developer turned this project over to the Chinese who have only a dim idea about how it works. Its a good product with lots of potential but the company is suffering from bad management. My guess is the system will be sold to new owners in the future.
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is typical of Thunder Tiger's poor follow-up on improving existing products. The GT5 needs someone to polish it up a bit. A lot of potential there that is going to waste.

Guruduck, I think you were communicating with a very unknowledgeable customer service rep. The Rate Mode question told me this for sure. There is certainly a difference in flight characteristics between the black and white backgrounds. The difference is truly black and white!
rexxigpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I did not know to whom I talked (emailed) to. He/she never gave a name. Just Customer Service. I had more than 5 emails with them and their answers were so different from my understanding. So, as I mentioned, I decided to do my own things...

My speculation was, TT bought the design and manufacturing rights from Ace RC or TT contracted Ace RC to design such a product. TT might think they could master the technology just by looking at the schematic and firmware code and be able to continue development without Ace RC. The "Taiwan-lish type of English" manual proved this.

Now G-T5 in its post-factory stage and TT obviously does not have the know how or whatsoever. They have no clue on next firmware release either. What a waste!

To be fair, G-T5 is by itself a good product and have much potential in it. V1.0 is already very do-able and not lacking in performance. If this is the final version of firmware, I personally do not mind.

Guruduck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in