Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 05:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had tail vibes recently too, first greasing the spindle fixed it then having to pull on a blade every now and then. It got so bad I shimmed the spindle then after a while I was pulling on the blades to get rid of it again with the shims in. I have now taken the shims off and ground the spindle both sides about .3 mm this has had the best effect but I can still notice the vibration sound at high HS when the heli is flying, coming down slowly, its like the blades go out of track.
owde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I say "min throttle" I mean just when the main mast starts rotating. And this vibration appeared with the blades off.
Actually I did change the tail shaft to make sure as Jafa suggested and then I corrected a little slack in the flybar. It had a ~0,3mm gap there. Now everything looks good.
I am waiting for some reasonable weather to fly it. I have only tested it in hover today and there is no vibration but I need to fly it and work on the gyro gain.
Thanks for the help guys.

About the spindle I also had to insert a 0,5mm washer in there to take up the slack. There are a couple of things on this heli that you'd expect a more precise job from hirobo... spindle, seesaw and slide block were really bad on mine.
apostolosnt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well after changing the tail bearings which were getting pretty bad I still had vibes then I changed the lower main bearing because there was a small amount of play with the main mast and amazingly the vibes where gone, very happy. Glad to see you've got your's sorted as well...
owde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great info guys, thanks, i rebuilt my lepton after a crash and have tail vibe problems, new tail blades, new tail everything, still vibes which increase in intensity with higher headspeeds, you ca hear it in flight... I'm going to look at slop in the grips and flybar cage now.
husafreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you check the new tail hub?
They are very soft and can be bent from new (just from being dropped)
Put one end of the tail hub into the dremel and spin it up
It will be obvious if it's not straight

The other common cause is the spindle dampers holding the spindle too tight for it to self center

Gryphon field rep
Jafa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried two different tail rotor shafts so I think the head is next.
husafreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in