Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Reflex Flight Sim

Reflex Flight Sim Reflex Simulator Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
AJK
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default REFLEX 5.04

Hi all, has anybody upgraded to the XTR 5.04 and is there much of a difference from 5.03, basically is it worth the 49 euro to upgrade :?:
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems everyones jumping ship to G3 and/or Phoenix? Seems to me that this new TX crap was the nail in the coffin for Reflex

- Lynx Team Pilot -
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gus
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Felborn,
Not true. I have both, and much prefer XTR at this point. I have the 5.04 update on the way as we speak.
Gus...
Synergy E5s, Goblin 380KSE, Gaui X3, Beam E4, T-Rex 250 Pro, MX-155, CF-226, CF-258, F1-5, F1-6, Chameleon, AcroWhoop V2 (2), Convergence VTOL, SK SlowHawk 2, SK ParkHawk 4, Bionic Bird, CF Wing, ThunderBird EDF Jet.
Gus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

I gotta say, I have Reflex XTR, the previous version, and it is great. There are problems with the dongle interface thing for just too many people and that is poor product design. But once its up and running its brilliant.

Now, They gone and made it bothersome to upgrade and cost extra too, for me, and others too, this is one step too far - way too far. I won't be jumping on their cumbersome upgrade bandwagon, I'll stick with my old XTR, afterall its a good sim as it is!

If I was a new buyer now I would not even consider XTR - despite the good graphics and physics, they just made it all too much effort and cost. Like most folks I just want to buy a good product that does what it says, plug it in and go.
Rick Rotorhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmm, I have to disagree.

I've had XTR for three years in which they've released multiple software upgrades for free (your choice to donate $). This is the first time they've required payment for an upgrade, so I guess it doesn't bother me.

I just purchased the 5.04 slimstick upgrade (it's cheaper if you buy it from MRC - $72 shipped). Out of fairness, if I would have bought the sim a few months ago and now had to shell out $72 I might feel differently.
Air_Screw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2007, 03:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Really, I think the enourmes feedback on this post says it all. Most people seems to have gone to different sims, you get alot more discussions and feedbacks on G3 and Phoenix. The G3 heli orientation pratice is genious I think, and I also like the videos they have showing you how to do loops, rolls and other stuff. I really enjoyed XTR, and I still think it's a good products. But the cost for the upgrade is just to much, and from what I have seen they have done a piss poor job of selling of this new TX unit, the pictures on the web looks like it's been drawn, not the actuall product.

Had I gone out shoping again now, I would probably go for Phoenix or G3,5, but thats only my opinion.

- Lynx Team Pilot -
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2007, 06:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The upgrade cost is obviously due to the hardware - fair enough
And it's still a lot cheaper than G3

G3 also use a cheesy hand drawn picture of a plane on the box and the WEB Advertisements

XTR has a orientation practice thingo

They are all good sims

Gryphon field rep
Jafa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
AJK
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hi guy's, thanks for your input on this. I've checked out the competition like the Poenix sim which looks good but there are limitations if you want to create your own models and landscapes which XTR gives this functionallity within our own control. After downloading the G3 demo i found it poor visually in comparison to XTR but that is just my opinion and i guess its down to just personal preference i think. I'm still undecided on the upgrade so i will sit back for a while and see what happens. Those guy's who have purchased the upgrade, it would be much appreciated if you would please let me know how it's going when you have the slimstick and cd and it's running on your PC.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

AJK: I'll post my opinion of the upgrade when it arrives. It wasn't in stock (atleast for my JR TX), so they took my cc info and advised that they'd call me when it's back in stock so I can send them the old usb dongle.

Regards,

Air_Screw
Air_Screw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
AJK
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Cheers Air_Screw
Old 06-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just got 5.04 on my office laptop (IBM T43 1Go RAM, 100Go HD, 128Mo graphics memory, Centrino CPU). Not supposedly done for running 3D apps like Reflex, I know...

1) It runs okay for the sim, but takes more time after each model change or crash to get ready. I am talking about 5 secs to start till 1-2mn. Any advice? Seems like the CPU is getting overloaded.

2) Cannot find the C:.../REFLEX/Demo or /REFLEX/Heli folders to load other helis or *.dmo files. Got twice Reflex installed and nothing appears to change. What about you guys?

Cheers
Old 06-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Okay,

I have found the answer to topic #2: Reflex has been installed in TWO different locations on my C: drive

First one is under C:/program files/reflex/ and has no /heli or /demo folders.

Second one is in C:/documents and settings /all users/program data/reflex/ and has all dedicated folders. . . . .

Old 06-05-2007, 07:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's because Vista does not allow you to write to C:\Program Files because it's a security risk
When programs try to do that Vista redirects the files to a cloned location in your private data area

Gryphon field rep
Old 06-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got your point Jafa but I have Xp Pro. Guess it does the same though-

Thx!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting - that means they have updated the installer and software to be Visa compliant

Gryphon field rep
Old 06-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The least they could have done is advising us, or answering my email when I asked them where the folders are. Pretty confusing. Guess they are busy with more stooopid questions than mine
Anyway, I love that sim. Even on a laptop it looks great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in