Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dplank View Post
It don't matter how there plugged in. If the motor runs backwards just switch two wires till it spins the right way:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
wait, so it makes no difference how the wires from the motor are connected to the esc?
rpayer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpayer View Post
wait, so it makes no difference how the wires from the motor are connected to the esc?
The point 3d is trying to make is, the motor will run if the 3 esc wires are each connected to one of the 3 motor wires. If the motor runs backward, just switch any two wires and it will reverse the rotation of the motor.
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65L88 View Post
The point 3d is trying to make is, the motor will run if the 3 esc wires are each connected to one of the 3 motor wires. If the motor runs backward, just switch any two wires and it will reverse the rotation of the motor.
so it's a safe assumption to say that i can connect red/red, black/black, and blue/yellow without messing anything up and if it spins the wrong way just swap the red and black?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpayer View Post
so it's a safe assumption to say that i can connect red/red, black/black, and blue/yellow without messing anything up and if it spins the wrong way just swap the red and black?
Yep
3dplank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dplank View Post
Yep

awesome! thx!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Y'all,
So I did the "mod" with the Wicked 4800 and 9 tooth pinion last night. Went out to the field today and had a blast. Didn't change any settings at all from the stock setup. Just wish I had more than four batteries ( 1- stock, 3 - Nanotech 1300 45+C). I did have a little issue with the third flight though. Everything was fine until I switched into IU and the heli wanted to bank to the right. It was controllable, but bad enough that after a few tries I decided to just fly the battery out in normal mode which was plenty fun anyway. The 4th battery was fine and I was able to go into IU and do some inverted, a few rolls, and some other odd and unrefined stuff without problems. I called HH and waited forever to talk to a tech about the banking to the right issue, then gave up and called my LHS. He said that the 100, 70, 60, 70 100 throttle curve I was using in IU was likely causing the problem and to just go for a flat 70 throttle. I'll try that tomorrow... He also said to ditch the wood blades and go carbon fiber and then I can set up my TC to 100% and forget about it. Still wonder about how the stock ESC would hold up to that.
OBwan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBwan View Post
called my LHS. He said that the 100, 70, 60, 70 100 throttle curve I was using in IU was likely causing the problem and to just go for a flat 70 throttle. I'll try that tomorrow... He also said to ditch the wood blades and go carbon fiber and then I can set up my TC to 100% and forget about it.
I agree. I have found that when using a non-governed esc many fbl systems do not like v-curves on idleup and in these cases flatline idleup throttle curves worked best.

Might also be a good idea to check your mainblade balance and maybe tighen up your main blade grips a little bit so the blades are not too loosey-goosey. Firm, so when you hold them hoiz they do not flop down. Too loose and you can get lead/lagging which can effect your fbl system.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I honestly didn't see any V curves for throttle that deep in IU at all in the instructions for the 300X nor in my notes that I've been taking for setting it up for flight. If you are using wood blades, it would send the heli into a tail wag and heavy vibrations when you changed pitch to the extremes which would cause it to possibly tip depending on how you were working the heli and how well the main blades would be balanced.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

So use a flat 100 curve in IU with stock esc and CF main blades?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

So can you not run 100% on wood blades?
victorb17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd suggest you get some CF blades quick smart, the woodies don't like where you are going. Even with the stock motor, Blade say keep woodies max TC setting to 75% I think Dylan suggests a governed ESC for the 10 tooth, but 9 tooth with stock ESC is okay. Worth noting if you're going fly in idle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
So use a flat 100 curve in IU with stock esc and CF main blades?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorb17 View Post
You can but it won't be pretty.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorb17 View Post
There's a warning in the 300X manual iirc.

s
Old 12-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew my 300x with woodies at 100% for awhile...but could only do so when the heli was perfectly dialed in (not so often)

FYI - if you are going to get CF blades, many here would agree with me that the Gaui, Edge, SAB blades are much better than the Blade Cf's (especially for about the same price)
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

GSPI, that's the curve suggested for IU -1 in the 300x addendum included with the heli. They go on to suggest a flat 75% for IU-2 ... so they agree with you in addition to the V curve (covering all the bases?). The same page says no higher than 75% with the wood blades, and recommends CF blades to go any higher.
Thanks
OBwan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

OBwan, I'm going to go look in the manual addendum again it just seems strange to me. I can see boosting the throttle curve some at the extreme pitches but not that much with wood blades.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I might embarrass myself a little... Why are wood blades so bad? I have only had the mcpx with plastic blades so I have no experience other wise. I can assume that cf would be lighter and stronger. Is the worry that the wood blades are going to tear apart?
victorb17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice new motor, and the one extra reason I need to replace my stock ESC which otherwise has a question mark hanging over it since a transient power loss in flight. Just happened once, but a good way to fly helis crash free is to fly only equipment you know is not faulty. Right now I hope my stock ESC is not faulty. Not good enough.

So yeah, I'm in the queue outside of Dylan's shop for this one.
syzygyQ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got the new motor installed...barely. Nice of Blade to practically cement the motor mount screws into the stock motor.

lil windy down here today so I was really only able to spin 'er up and hover a little. much smoother and more quite.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in