Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Should I grab it?

Hey guys,

ReadyHeli offers 10% off store wide. And chance to get refunded after purchase!!!

Should I get the xxtream 700 now?
What do you think?

Thanks.
ahnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Entirely up to you! Go with what you really want, and if that's it giver!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Entirely up to you! Go with what you really want, and if that's it giver!
OICU812,

You don't sound too thrilled.
I have read many of (if not all) your posts. Is the Xxtream 700 a keeper for you?

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy No 10% toward Mikado 700 and 800

Read the fine print, the Mikado 700 and 800 do not get the 10% discount. I was excited to until I read the fine print. If you choose you can get whatever else you need for it for 10% off. I am patient so I'll just wait when the hype is over and they can include the 700 with the discount.
pcskyhi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnjason View Post
OICU812,

You don't sound too thrilled.
I have read many of (if not all) your posts. Is the Xxtream 700 a keeper for you?

Thanks.
Oh I am actually very much so however,,,,, it is just lately seems if I post anything lately the word "REP" comes out all the time, and it is percieved by some that I am out to BS folks. So I'd rather see some other non rep folks relay their opinions to you is all, good or bad. I sold all my other 700E helis yes, not cause I had to financially either so make opinions or decisions on that and what other folks may provide.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskyhi View Post
Read the fine print, the Mikado 700 and 800 do not get the 10% discount. I was excited to until I read the fine print. If you choose you can get whatever else you need for it for 10% off. I am patient so I'll just wait when the hype is over and they can include the 700 with the discount.
Oh well...
I thought store wide means... nvm.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would definitely get it discount or no discount. Definitely one of my finest flying Heli.

Luis
Old 12-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Readyheli had a 12% "Storewide" sale on 12/12/12. The fine print read, "not retroactvie, excludes all Kontronik products." I had placed a Logo 700 in my basket the night before but wanted to think about it overnight due to the considerable cost involved. My basket showed the Logo 700 at $2399.99 plus an additional $144 for Florida sales tax (penalty for living in Florida I guess) for a total cost of $2543.99. When I saw the 12% off sale the next morning my mind was made up. I was going to get the Logo 700!

The sale advertisement indicated that the discount would show up during check out. I went through the whole process of going through checkout and low and behold, no discount! I called to inquire why the discount wasn't showing on my purchase. I was told to take the item out of my basket and do it again, so I did. Still no discount. Worse yet, there was now a $28.77 shipping charge that was not applied to the previous transaction! I called Readyheli back. The customer service guy I spoke with told me the discount didn't apply to Logos and that the shipping cost was added because of the weight of the product. Hogwash!!! I asked him to see what he could do since the advertisement did NOT exclude Mikado products, only Kontronik. I didn't even debate about the shipping cost. He said that he would check with the general manager and call me back. He told me to place a Logo 700 in my basket and use the "sending check/money order" payment option to secure a heli in case they sold out before he could get back with me. I did that.

When he called back, he said that the GM had told him there would be no discount on Logo 700s. So no discount, FL taxes and shipping costs for me if I wanted a Logo 700. I would have been better off completing my order the night before the "sale." Yeah, some sale!

I did order a Logo 700 three days after that. I'm not happy with Readyheli though! However, they do carry the more exclusive brands like Mikado, Kasama, etc. No offense to Align heli pilots, but I tired of Align helis years ago, so the exclusive helis are all I buy now.

I really wish some other company in the USA would be given the retail rights to Mikado and some other exclusive brands presently carried only by Readyheli. Perhaps they would honor their sales ads and not place lucrative in-stock items in "out of stock" status when they have a sale.

I'm sure some cheerleaders and reps will come to the defense of dishonorable business practices. They will try their best to spin this into an isolated incident or a misunderstanding. But I hope the rest will benefit from my experience.
rexxigpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Simply put, Mikado put a stop to the sale of Xxtremes the moment our banners were already sent out. The manufacturer said no sale on ANY Xxtreme kits.

I apologize you're unhappy, no retail customer who purchased an Xxtreme got a discount period, rectroactive or instantly.

I apologize we cannot appease everyone's wants (not needs) at all times.

RH
Staff.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

True, it is a desire and not a need to survive in life. That is why it can wait til the discount can be applied and I can save a few $$$. It is Ready Heli's/Mikado's business to do as they see fit to make money. That is why they are in business and do very well. Although I don't see after I as a distributor purchase my kits from the manufacturer, how can the manufacturer regulate what I discount in my shop because at that point it only affects my profit but that is why I am not in business cause I don't understand therefore I will not condemn any business for what they do. I think we forget sometimes we as consumers have the greatest power over any business, purchase power, buy or don't buy. Right now I have exercised my choice not to purchase. When all the excitement and newness wears off, just like anything else it will be included in the discount. I have more patience than $$$.
When the hot new vehicles get released and you walk into a dealership to get one, you are going to pay the premium price or you won't get it cause they know the next person behind you will pay it. It is no different in this situation. When the sales slow down and the dealer's lot/distributor's shelves get full then the sales happen. There is really no reason to get upset with Ready Heli or any other hobby shop for this type of business because that is how we do it in a capitalist society. In the words of Chris Tucker, "AND YOU KNOW THIS MAN", so just chill and enjoy the holidays with or without your Mikado 700!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well as soon as Mikado put a stop to it Ready Heli should have added a banner to their website apologizing immediately for the situation and not waiting for p****d off customers. That would have been a way more professional way of conducting the business. Not only did they not do that but they didn't even let their sales staff know about the problem evidently, since the phone rep. didn't know about it.
It would have just saved them some very unhappy customers let alone false advertising problems.
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskyhi View Post
True, it is a desire and not a need to survive in life. That is why it can wait til the discount can be applied and I can save a few $$$. It is Ready Heli's/Mikado's business to do as they see fit to make money. That is why they are in business and do very well. Although I don't see after I as a distributor purchase my kits from the manufacturer, how can the manufacturer regulate what I discount in my shop because at that point it only affects my profit but that is why I am not in business cause I don't understand therefore I will not condemn any business for what they do. I think we forget sometimes we as consumers have the greatest power over any business, purchase power, buy or don't buy. Right now I have exercised my choice not to purchase. When all the excitement and newness wears off, just like anything else it will be included in the discount. I have more patience than $$$.
When the hot new vehicles get released and you walk into a dealership to get one, you are going to pay the premium price or you won't get it cause they know the next person behind you will pay it. It is no different in this situation. When the sales slow down and the dealer's lot/distributor's shelves get full then the sales happen. There is really no reason to get upset with Ready Heli or any other hobby shop for this type of business because that is how we do it in a capitalist society. In the words of Chris Tucker, "AND YOU KNOW THIS MAN", so just chill and enjoy the holidays with or without your Mikado 700!
You're pretty spot on here.

With Mikado only having less than 20 dealers worldwide, goods are very limited. If sales start on limited goods that are extremely hard to obtain, a price war starts with competing vendors in different sections of the world. To stop this, manufacturers generally dictate how/what/when goods can be added for promotions and sales, and provide the same availability to all dealers of their goods. Each manufacturer is different depending on their relation to the market.

It was brought to my attention that while we had Logo 700's for the sale (and were intended to be sold during the sale ), there were some shops around the world who still did not get their 700 kits for retail, and by ReadyHeli.com allowing them to sell for a discounted price, before the alternative vendors got the chance, was not fair, and we obliged to their requests.

Just as you suggested, once the hype of new products settles, and production ramps up, manufacturers and retailers let loose on the reigns slightly, to remain competitive in their local market places.

Staff
RH.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand both points.

But I don't think I am going to get xxtream 700 this year. Just because I want to have a PEACEFUL Christmas with my wife.

Happy holidays guys...
Old 12-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnjason View Post
I understand both points.

But I don't think I am going to get xxtream 700 this year. Just because I want to have a PEACEFUL Christmas with my wife.

Happy holidays guys...
+1....Amen to that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in