Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GU-365 throttle in/out question

Got the GU-365 in my Hurricane 550 working very well in all 3 axis. It's not a POS.

The only thing was not set-up according to the manual is in the input of the ESC to port 5 and orange output to the receiver ,the reason is I can't get the ESC to initialized (stock Gaui 50A), my solution is to plug the ESC direct to the receiver.

Did any one have this problem ?

Other FBL system don't control the throttle channel, does the Gaui adjust the throttle with the swash movement to have better control ?

Thanks in advance.
chopperau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree, see my sig, I also like the 365.

the esc goes to the 365 simply to power the unit as far as I know. The power to the rx is actually provided on the AIL lead, you'll see that one is the only one with +-and signal, the other leads are simply signal leads, including the one for the esc.

you could try to arm with the throttle stick slightly off 0 until the rx and 365 initializes, then drop the stick to allow the esc to arm maybe that will work.

It doesn't actively control throttle based on cyclic input.

what kind of rx do you have? does the power (+-) bus run across all the channels of the rx?
nexgen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My Rx is XPS and yes the power is on all channels,also channel 5 on the 365 also have power just no signal output on orange wire to Rx.

I'll try your suggestion when I have the time.

Strange through ,if the throttle is not control then its just complicate things and more prone to failure .
chopperau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It may become relevant here, I'm currently doing an experiment with the GU365 throttle vs the mini vbar over at https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=184914

The throttle signal has always passed through my GU365 without any problems. However, I just discovered there's no continuity between the throttle input and output signals on the GU365. Something is going on inside that box that may be the cause of both our problems.

BTW, my friend had a faulty GU365 that never passed the throttle signal and he was able to run the wire directly between RX and ESC without issue.
Skyartec Cessna 182
chrisk71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a faulty GU365 before, the throttle signal did not work. So I plugged it directly to the Rx and it worked fine. But have gotten rid of the GU365 and don't ever recommend it to anyone.
kennethw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2010, 03:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethw View Post
I had a faulty GU365 before, the throttle signal did not work. So I plugged it directly to the Rx and it worked fine. But have gotten rid of the GU365 and don't ever recommend it to anyone.
if i only read your post before.

i have this unit on a 450 trex heli , i modified myself the mecanics .

First fly it was oki , at second one i crashed the heli (i have no vibration as they say m)
after take off heli "drifted " in right -actualy not drifted with maximum left i could not keep the heli straight, a blade touch the ground heli is "almost oki" only one servo "exploded" the case of the servo dezintegrated .

anyone has problem with "tilt to one direction" as gaui use this term:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sr1eM46ENg[/ame] from 0.48 sec
nen77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nen77 View Post
if i only read your post before.

i have this unit on a 450 trex heli , i modified myself the mecanics .

First fly it was oki , at second one i crashed the heli (i have no vibration as they say m)
after take off heli "drifted " in right -actualy not drifted with maximum left i could not keep the heli straight, a blade touch the ground heli is "almost oki" only one servo "exploded" the case of the servo dezintegrated .

anyone has problem with "tilt to one direction" as gaui use this term:

from 0.48 sec
I had that tilt to one direction plenty of times in my 200. Generally I have vibrations when it happens, often starting in the tail.

With regard to "maximum left i could not keep the heli straight", make sure you are running 100% D/R and that you do not decrease your cyclic swash mix after setting up the gu365. You need at least that much cyclic control if you are going to fight the drift to the right.

That said, you should always be aiming to eliminate the drift all together.
Skyartec Cessna 182
chrisk71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2010, 05:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for your reply

indeed i have a 20% expo and 80% dual rate..with all of these heli a had a good flight loop and rols are precise.

i changed the cyclyc rate from 50% to 60 % exactly before this , i will clear the program and try again.
nen77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in