Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a kick a couple times when I first set mine up but I haven't had a kick in a couple months. The only things that are different is some wire rerouting and and adding a minimal amount of delay to the tail servo.

Trex 500 / /3026-1600/CC Ice75 /3G /Ds510's/Torsion 430 fbl's
Trex 450 pro/HK2221-8/ Ice 50 /HS-5065MG/325D's/Kbdd's
life2short1971 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe my post came across wrong. Align is doing an outstanding job. They make a good product. We beat the living daylights out of these heli's and they still manage to fly. Not to mention half the people have the setup all wrong to begin with. I think it's impossible to release a new heli and not have some type of issue. Our demands and expectations are very high. I have the 3G on three different size heli's and it flies well. It's not perfect nor is the V-bar perfect. Align was smart hitting the market when they did. They released their system before some other companies and grabbed market share. Maybe we should thank them for offering an affordable system thats easy to setup. I'm happy I don't have to lug around a laptop. If I had to buy another FBL system today, I would buy the Align with all things considered.

As in my previous post, I think Align wishes they had some type of interface today. It would generate more revenue. Development takes time and they have a lot of projects in the works.

The hobby probably wouldnt be where its at today if it wasn't for Align.
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take it for what it is. A cheap low end flybarless system designed for the masses. Not for me. Mine flew OK on the 600 (better then a flybar for sure), but I found I really wanted to tune many parameters of flight, and just couldn't. Programmability was clearly an after thought since beta units were recalled to make them up-datable. Clearly Align was hoping for a plug and play solution, but it became clear late in development that this was completely unrealistic.

I've jumped ship and I've been flying a SK720 beta unit for 6 weeks now. Couldn't be happier with it. I prefer it over my vBar by far.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

mickeyjohnston spot on i agree with what you say good words, i love my 3g and i thank align because they have set the way for us all to follow
darrenwootton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So far for me, the 3G has just been a nightmare journey. Spent ages setting up the heli previously so that the tail is mechanically as good as it can be. No drift in rate mode. My flybar 450 Sport flies like a demon, fast yet stable and a lot of power. All stock bar a DS520 tail. Stick the 3G in it and it seems way down on power, bogs like a son of a bitch even with 11 degrees pitch and nods all over the place even with gain at minimum. I eventually got it flying OK but that tail is still a HUGE issue and I will not be recommending it based on my experience. I must have put about 20 or so hours into trying to get it to work. Simplest thing was to remove it and put the flybar back on!
DX7
Lynx.1677 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lynx,

I know there are two schools of thought on setting up tails. With the new gyros I don't believe in setting them up in rate mode. This may have worked in the 401 days. When you do this you will through off your piro rate. It wont be even in both directions and yes I'm aware of adjusting the travel to componsate for this. What you are doing is masking a problem and it will affect your hold. I do backward hurricans pretty fast with no tail issues from a 250 - 600 both with the Align gyros and now the 3G systems. I havent set either one up in rate mode. When the heli's are built correctly, there is pitch built in to the tail grips to compesate for the torch. You will see this when you have all the arms zero'd out and the grips will have about 7 degress of pitch. I noticed you have a 450 sport, did you flip your tail grips so they are pitched in the correct direction? The pro and the sport have the same issue. Finless Bob has a video on this topic. I highly recommend you watching it. A 450 sport at my local field had tail issues, it would hold on hard punch outs going out of a tail side. We flipped the grips and its rock solid.

How your heli boggs more now than with a flybar is beyond me. Something is really wrong with the setup.

Mickey
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2010, 03:14 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Take it for what it is. A cheap low end flybarless system designed for the masses. Not for me. Mine flew OK on the 600 (better then a flybar for sure), but I found I really wanted to tune many parameters of flight, and just couldn't. Programmability was clearly an after thought since beta units were recalled to make them up-datable. Clearly Align was hoping for a plug and play solution, but it became clear late in development that this was completely unrealistic.

I've jumped ship and I've been flying a SK720 beta unit for 6 weeks now. Couldn't be happier with it. I prefer it over my vBar by far.
Hi man,

Why do you prefer the sk720 over the vbar? I have only tried the vbar so far and its really amazing.
To stay on topic , all of my friends who have a 3G are encountering problems..

Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in