Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Every time I stop shakeing something happens.Learning to hover in all orentations a gust of wind will blow it to close to me.Freeking out a little I power UP and CYCLIC away in haste over powering my EXPO to the limit of my D/R andVOOM im now 30FT in the air DOING some new 3D moves not yet invented over EVERY neighbors HOUSE!

One would think I would be focused on geting it to hover so that i can skillfully regain composure and perhaps even bring it back into the boundrys of my own yard.

But! I all that is going through my head is this CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP... I HAVE AT LEAST 7 MIN ON THIS BATTERY AND IT WILL HIT THE SOFT CUTOFF AND THE NEIGHBORHOOD HOOD RATS WILL GET TO IT BEFOR I CAN GET MY TRUCK KEYS AND DRIVE TO THE CRASH SEEN !!!!!!

Last time i lucked out regained a hover but lost orentation (rember i am learning that)
and ended up flying inverted through a WALNUT tree! Only thing left of the head useable was the wash out base!

I am begining to embrace the shakes!
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try chewing gum. I used to get wound up when racing dirt bikes and literally forgot to breath at times. I swear the gum helps, it gives your mind enough to do that you wont be dwelling on crashing. But it's subconscious so you can still focus on the heli.

YB
DX8
YBNORMAL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a great thread, I feel alot better now! I did the same thing as below last night and thought I was going to throw up. i got control over it but it came in hard and destoyed the train gear but the heli was fine.

"Every time I stop shakeing something happens.Learning to hover in all orentations a gust of wind will blow it to close to me.Freeking out a little I power UP and CYCLIC away in haste over powering my EXPO to the limit of my D/R andVOOM im now 30FT in the air DOING some new 3D moves not yet invented over EVERY neighbors HOUSE!" Quote from kayakboy 69
Rocket2300 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default shakes

not sure if anyone here has mentioned this or not (didnt feel like reading through ALL the replies) but the only way i SORT OF got over the shaking hands syndrome is to come to the realization that its garunteed youre going to crash...and crash BAD! the first few times i tried 3D was on my blade 450. just simple stuff but the fact i was SCARED to crash, thinking how much it would suck to be grounded and have to go through all the repair was enough to get me shaking.

I bought a trex 700 as my second heli after a while with the 450. hovered it the first 4 flights at the field (didnt let the pressure of people watching pressure me into 3d) i when to a place no one else goes where i live to do my first 3d and try to get comfortable. Long story short the 700 had an electrical malfunction a couple weeks later and fell to the earth. $600 in damage. Parted out and bought a trex 450 (couldnt afford a 700) with the money i got from parts.

I still get a little nervous for the first few minutes but it goes away. i think because im not so freaked out that im going to crash because eventually it will happen again. Im getting anouther 700 in the next couple weeks so we will see if the shakes come back lol
daybed07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default lolol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakboy69 View Post
Every time I stop shakeing something happens.Learning to hover in all orentations a gust of wind will blow it to close to me.Freeking out a little I power UP and CYCLIC away in haste over powering my EXPO to the limit of my D/R andVOOM im now 30FT in the air DOING some new 3D moves not yet invented over EVERY neighbors HOUSE!

One would think I would be focused on geting it to hover so that i can skillfully regain composure and perhaps even bring it back into the boundrys of my own yard.

But! I all that is going through my head is this CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP... I HAVE AT LEAST 7 MIN ON THIS BATTERY AND IT WILL HIT THE SOFT CUTOFF AND THE NEIGHBORHOOD HOOD RATS WILL GET TO IT BEFOR I CAN GET MY TRUCK KEYS AND DRIVE TO THE CRASH SEEN !!!!!!

Last time i lucked out regained a hover but lost orentation (rember i am learning that)
and ended up flying inverted through a WALNUT tree! Only thing left of the head useable was the wash out base!

I am begining to embrace the shakes!
ive just spent the last ten mins holding me sides laughin, me all over,, very very funny,good one... lol
lipokirk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice topic.

I think shake is most adrenaline discharge.

I can tell you is the most fun part.

fly first one or two packs with basic orientation helps, but its not mandatory.

I just don't shake to small helis anymore, just anything over 450 (600 class gives me a lot of adrenaline)....

I think there is a economic component too. No one likes to crash and spend a lot of $$$ to fix it, specially if you are grown up enough to pay you own bills.

For me, at least, economics are a little bit hard to handle: i live in brazil and I have to import everything and pay 100% tax plus international shipment. So, imagine how bad the shake is!

I just set up some expo, including tail, and shake doenst bother.

Like kayakboy69 said: embrace the shakes!
HAHHAH

Again, nice topic.

Cheerz!
w4llet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's what I do to help with the shakes.

1) I don't drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages before flying.

2) when trying new maneuvers I fly my oldest heli, my beater. The one that's crashed a couple hundred times. Dying is part of living. Crashing is part of flying. When I crash, oh well, let's see how fast I can fix it this time.

3) I carry a complete inventory of parts and multiple spares for every..single..part. Even bought some 450's and 500's as spares at Hobby King so I even have the really obscure parts. So I shop for the best deals at my leisure and never have to wait for parts to arrive after a crash. Takes me 1-2 hours to charge my 8 batteries after flying and by the time the batts are ready the repairs are done.

4)This doesn't work for everyone but..I pray before each and every flight.

5) I always take at least 2 helis sometimes 3 to the field. When I crash I'm back in the air in minutes with the next one.

6) Last but most definitely not least: I have located a field that is dense with huge weeds. This time of year they're 3-5 ft tall. When I crash, 20% of the time there is no damage. The rest of the time damage is relatively minor. Haven't broken a carbon blade in probably 30 consecutive crashes in those weeds.

All the above greatly reduces the stress factor and helps me with the shakes.
blorph is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I liked the 3, 4 anf 6 tips.

Soft ground is a good choice always
Spare parts get you more confident to fly
To pray dont hurt

Rofl
w4llet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2020, 07:37 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchrny View Post
I had the shakes with my first girlfriend (quality time). This was due to lack of experience, after some time the shakes went away! Thats when she left! ROTFLMAO

One of the best posts I’ve read in a long long time. I don’t care how old it is, I literally laughed out load, very loud !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in