Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #41 (permalink)

I used a 4 cell reciever pack for all setup and programing. Today I realized 2S voltage was the issue.

As to reducing weight, I am not sure the fan is needed, everthing else is potted.
Flybar-less is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 05:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJohn View Post
I used a 4 cell reciever pack for all setup and programing. Today I realized 2S voltage was the issue.

As to reducing weight, I am not sure the fan is needed, everthing else is potted.

So from your experience you can not use 2S lipo for your rx power source when using a PowerJazz is this correct?
Old 11-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #43 (permalink)

Yes, somewhere around 8+ volts it becomes erratic. I placed a 0.7 volt diode drop between the RX and Power Jazz which seems to work well. I guess the Emcotec 5.2v or 6v regulators would be a good alternative.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:38 PM   #44 (permalink)

Another day of flights, a little cold but the Power Jazz worked great with the diode drop.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:29 PM   #45 (permalink)
HF Support

Do different idle ups work in mode 4 - I arm in throttle hold then flick straight to idle up at 75% (which is great) but if I flick into idleup2 at 85% it doesn't seem to change and I wondered if the Jazz sets itself to the first >0 level then sticks at that level ?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
Do different idle ups work in mode 4 - I arm in throttle hold then flick straight to idle up at 75% (which is great) but if I flick into idleup2 at 85% it doesn't seem to change and I wondered if the Jazz sets itself to the first >0 level then sticks at that level ?
Mine certainly behave differently. I have mine set for my Logo 500 at 65% for normal, then 75%/85% for Idle 1/2. The attached graph shows a nice crisp change when I went from Normal to Idle 1. I don't really use 2, but that's how I have it programmed.

I've also seen setups where the noise change was quite subtle. Try changing the gap so it's larger to see if that makes it more audible.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61-2007-18-1340.gif
Views:	393
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	31456  
T-Rex 500 CF, stock ESC/motor/rotors, 13T, HS-5245MG, ds760/S9254, JR R921
th3tick is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
John,

Sounds like your Jazz is 'stuck' in Auto (APM) mode. That is, it will take your first Idle-up setting as ~100% gov. If you want a lower hs you need to then have and idle up ~80% of that 1st setting. Mine seemed 'stuck' on this mode as well so I would first flick out of TH to !dle-up2 (100% flatline) and spoolup, letting the hs stabilise (~2200 in my case), then flick it into Idle-up 1 (~2000 hs in my case) and go fly.

To try to get out of this APM mode you should follow Shawn's initial advice in this thread and first reprogram your esc to mode 1, switch everything off, and then reprogram it to mode 4. I've tried this and it does seem to 'hard-wire' the throttle settings better esp if you first spool it up at 100% idle-up 2 to begin with. You then can play with Idleup 1 settings (maybe start at 80%). It then seems to memorise this high setting so when you startup next time (on your next flight pack) in Idle up 1 at, say 80%. the hs should be pretty well what it was previously (~2000 in my case).

The other way around this is to use the prog-card to set fixed throttle endpoints. Easier to stick with stick programing if you can imop.

Good luck, and cheers,
Tom C
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2007, 09:51 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So from your experience you can not use 2S lipo for your rx power source when using a PowerJazz is this correct?
Don't be , get a VR5203 and be .

Old 11-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #49 (permalink)

My Power Jazz is happy with about 7.7 volts. If I had one of those 5203s, I'd plug my tail servo and PowerJazz into it. I am currently using an Emcotec 5.2v regulator on the tail and a diode drop on the PowerJazz., running 2S. If you look at the little compartment in front of the motor, that is were the 2S battery is located, it has 2 JR HD leads to the RX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9577.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	31743  
Old 11-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ok to keep this somewhat organized I am now closing the thread, all input has been entered into the original instructions, thank you all for your input, let us all hope this helps people new to the Jazz escs out there, thank you! :wink:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in