Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

for all the UK people

Dear Tom They are due in the UK by end of may , all going to plan they should be in the shops no later than w/c 9th June. Regards Lynne
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 AM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Battery is $13 from hobby king.
Flippindabird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

Battery cost $13 from hobby king.
Flippindabird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2evl View Post
I have many flights on my 300x with no bearing issues or servo issues. Maybe I am lucky. When I post it is not to manipulate you guys, but to show you that there are some people out there that have not had an issues and not all of them post on the forums

Stock is 9t, I have 10t, CFX is 11t. Each increment is about 400rpm. Making the CFX 800 more rpm higher than 300X
You must be one of the lucky few... I just logged 15 flights on a spankin-new, all stock 300CFX.... and... chalk up another blown motor. Wasn't banging on it hard at all either. mild 3d only. so much for this being a $400 RTF. scorpion motor here I come.
petemaster5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 300 CFX

I made it to 20 flights before my bottom motor bearing blew up inside the motor causing a lockup while flying. Not good.
D_Vail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 02:28 AM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

My motor is shot too. Fortunately, I could hear that it sounded bad and checked it. I could see lateral movement in the motor shaft when I turned the main gear back and forwards. So I've removed it and sent it off to HH. Hopefully should get a new one in the post soon!
tomatwalden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemaster5000 View Post
You must be one of the lucky few... I just logged 15 flights on a spankin-new, all stock 300CFX.... and... chalk up another blown motor. Wasn't banging on it hard at all either. mild 3d only. so much for this being a $400 RTF. scorpion motor here I come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Vail View Post
I made it to 20 flights before my bottom motor bearing blew up inside the motor causing a lockup while flying. Not good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatwalden View Post
My motor is shot too. Fortunately, I could hear that it sounded bad and checked it. I could see lateral movement in the motor shaft when I turned the main gear back and forwards. So I've removed it and sent it off to HH. Hopefully should get a new one in the post soon!
Did any of you oil the bearings at all?

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

Twenty five flights on mmine and still feels and runs like new. I did do the Loctite mod toit at around ten flights and yes it did have a very minor amount of scoring on the shaft. I do oil all of my heli motors even my Scorpions every 10 to 15 flights.Also oil main shaft bearings, main and tail blade grips, tail shaft bearings ,slider etc. every 15 or so flights . I even use Tri Flo on the tail drive belt every 15 flights or so.

LAst Blade motor I had crap out on me was a 440 in a very old 400 converted to FBL and it had over 200 flights on it.
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Did any of you oil the bearings at all?
Should they need to within the first 20 flights to prevent catastrophic failure?!?

Old 07-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Mustangs View Post
Should they need to within the first 20 flights to prevent catastrophic failure?!?

Anything with a bearing should be oiled, I oil my motor bearings, main shaft bearings, tail shaft bearings, swash plate bearing, tail drive pulley bearings, every 5-6 flights. and yes I oil a brand new helicopter out of the box or motor.
I have gotten many used helis motors over the years and it seems none of them had ever had oil on them. they sqeck just turning by hand.

My first 400 420 motor was still flying at 250 flights when i sold it
my first 450 420 motor still fine at 50 flights when sold it
my 2nd 450 420 motor had 160 on it when something went crazy and the wires burned up in flight.
Wonder How I made it to Cause to 500 flights on e flite motors .. Maybe cause I oiled them from the day I got them.

I am a Mechanic, pretty much all I know, i save hundreds every yr by doing my own auto repairs, guess its those yrs from working on cars that makes me keep things oiled well.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I oil all my brushless motors, but that didn't help when my original 300X motor had sloppy shaft and out-of-balance motor can right out of the box. I didn't even bothering flying it. Called HH and they sent me a replacement which is nice and tight and not out-of-balance but I leave it in my spare part box after just some testing since I already had the P2632. Bad E-Flite motor is a bad motor with bad spec whether you oil it or not. Scorpion recommends oiling their motors every 6-12 flights but my friend never ever oil his Scorpion in his Protos for hundreds if not 1000+ flights. He flies in 39C (102F) ambient back-to-back-to-back pushing the 1500W motor at much more than 1500W reaching 150C (302F) often and the Scorpion motor is still alive and strong. Scorpion and many other high-end motors run over-size pinion-side bearing which helps a lot. My crappy original 300X motor has pinion-side bearing spinning on the shaft from day 1. That is the difference.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2014, 01:59 AM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never oiled any of my motors and never had any kinds of problem. My 300cfx motor sounded wrong right from the box and just got worse. It had less than 10 flights when I sent it back to HH.

The motor was defective - simple as.

I'm not making any point here though about eFlite motor quality. For what its worth, I think that the failure rate on the stock 300x/cfx and 450x motors does seem quite high. However, these are very popular helis, so I would expect failures to be reported on places like HF.

If there was no HH support, I'd be annoyed. But I understand that part of the price you pay for the heli is not just the product in your hands, but the people and support of those people at HH. So ... assuming a new working motor arrives in the post soon ... I'm happy!
tomatwalden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

195 flights on the original stock motor and ESC on one of my 300 CFX's. I'm feeling damned lucky, though I do hit the top and bottom bearings with TriFlow every 10-15 flights.

I have noticed that the headspeed drops more quickly during a flight over the past 20-25 batteries. Not sure if that's indicative of impending failure of the motor or ESC. Spool-up appears to be slower too. I have 18 batteries, so it's not a battery issue. Does the stock ESC reduce headspeed if it starts overheating?

Now, the DS76 servos - that's a different story. Three failures so far - two elevators and one aileron. The pitch servo was still doing fine around flight #170 when I decided to just swap it out for peace of mind while I was replacing the elevator. It was a little squeaky.

Original DS76T servo - keeping fingers crossed on that one.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:18 AM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

As with every other upgraded heli, they got me. One CFX on order. I cannot help it. I hate not having the latest version of a heli. I got burned on the MCPX using this formula since V1 was far better than V2.
PittJitsu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittJitsu View Post
As with every other upgraded heli, they got me. One CFX on order. I cannot help it. I hate not having the latest version of a heli. I got burned on the MCPX using this formula since V1 was far better than V2.
Don't feel bad - Blade got me for four CFX's, though I didn't pay MSRP for any of them. I chalk that up to my miserable experiences with Walkera helis. The build quality of the CFX is so much better than any Walkera 200-250 sized bird. The DS76 cyclics let it down though.

The DS76T tail servo on my main bird finally locked up on flight #207 this week. I should have known better when I saw the servo jittering on that flight. Of course, I should have been more proactive and replaced it at the 150 or 175-flight mark. That one cost me a main shaft, feathering shaft, gear strips in all three cyclics, tail case (the one time I was glad it was plastic as the tail boom wasn't bent), belt, and main gear.

Still, 207 flights on a tail servo ain't bad.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:00 AM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Don't feel bad - Blade got me for four CFX's, though I didn't pay MSRP for any of them. I chalk that up to my miserable experiences with Walkera helis. The build quality of the CFX is so much better than any Walkera 200-250 sized bird. The DS76 cyclics let it down though.

The DS76T tail servo on my main bird finally locked up on flight #207 this week. I should have known better when I saw the servo jittering on that flight. Of course, I should have been more proactive and replaced it at the 150 or 175-flight mark. That one cost me a main shaft, feathering shaft, gear strips in all three cyclics, tail case (the one time I was glad it was plastic as the tail boom wasn't bent), belt, and main gear.

Still, 207 flights on a tail servo ain't bad.
I've always been a mini and when walkera was the only game in town, i bought them all. I will go on record saying each and every Walkera was a disaster or at best a disappointment. So yea, going from Walkera to just about anything is a huge step up. The worst thing is that a Walkera crash will cost you a few parts or at least an hr of readjustment.
PittJitsu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in