Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CPX HH Brushless upgrade battery question

So I have ordered the HH Brushless upgrade for my Nano. I have been reading about what are good batteries for them, and I haven't seen these mentioned yet.... are these any good, or are these junk?

If someone has tried these out and with or without the Brushless mod, and they don't mind sharing their opinion.... thanks in advance!!!

Jack

http://www.helidirect.com/xtreme-li-...px-p-29037.hdx
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haven't seen that one...but I use both the 45C e-flite and the Lectron Pro 45C...

Biggest thing is never fly them to LVC or they go to crap quickly...

Ask Me how I know this
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jon, how does one know when the battery reaches Low Voltage Cut-off? is that when the LED's in the canopy start to flash?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG79 View Post
Jon, how does one know when the battery reaches Low Voltage Cut-off? is that when the LED's in the canopy start to flash?
Yes...by then it's pretty much on its way out...

I've found that once you hit LVC one time, the battery won't ever be the same...
Today's RC just demands so much from batteries that we'll be waiting with baited breath for the next generation of batteries to make a debut
Old 03-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, the Tech, and Nano-Tech has def. surpassed the chemical tech that goes into the batteries. It will be cool when they finally catch up, and everything is on par.

Im researching batteries to buy for the Nano. Do you have any suggestions? or know of a vendor that has them in stock?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Incidentally, Jack...

There has been oodles of info posted about the HH upgrade brushless kit...

My own experience says go for the gusto and have one of the HF guru's do a dbl bl conversion...the HH upgrade is kinda like a Band-Aid on a broken leg

More of a cover-up than an actual fix

Hope yours is one of the better ones
Old 03-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG79 View Post
Yeah, the Tech, and Nano-Tech has def. surpassed the chemical tech that goes into the batteries. It will be cool when they finally catch up, and everything is on par.

Im researching batteries to buy for the Nano. Do you have any suggestions? or know of a vendor that has them in stock?
Yep..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lectron-Pro-...item1e85d8ddc8

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-flite-150m...item1e83ec2b7d

Last edited by JonJet; 03-02-2014 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: added link
Old 03-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CPX HH Brushless upgrade battery question

I really like the pulse 30c. They have nearly as much kick, last longer, provide more consistent voltage and cost the same or less. Then I'm not giving HH any more money.

nvrgit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

For those of you using the 45c eflites, what are you setting your timer to?
DeGrizzle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGrizzle View Post
For those of you using the 45c eflites, what are you setting your timer to?
I use 3:30 and have never had a problem...plenty of batteries
Old 03-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly 3D at 100% and limit my flights to 3:00 max(2:45 mostly.) Depends on your set up and flying style.

CrashyCrashy
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2014, 04:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I couldn't decide on just one battery type, so I kinda took everyones advise and got a few of each.

I got the 6 Lectron Pro 3.7 volt 180mAh 45C from GoNitroHobbies (Love doing business, these guys are really good).

4 of the E-Flite 150 45C's.

5 of the Oversky 200's that Dylwad recommended (I believe his name is Dylan, and he was a big help in finding the batteries at the right price!!!)

I wish I would have paid more attention to where I ordered these overskys though. After I placed my order, I noticed that they are coming from Hong Kong, So I guess this will give me plenty of time to try out the others first.

and last I got 1 of those new "Microheli 200mAh 3.7V 35C Battery MH-2001S35". I just got this more or less to try it out and review it myself.

Thanks everyone for all the help. I recieved my HH Brushless upgrade kit in the mail, but after reading this thread I'm not sure if I should install the thing, or just sell it on Ebay. It seems to have some mixed reviews. I mostly bought it because I didn't want to have to replace the motor in the Nano every few weeks. It sounds like they have a bad reputation for going bad. Im far from flying inverted or 3D, So I guess I got it more as a reliability thing.

I dunno what to do with it... maybe i'll just hangon to it and get a new Nano BnF and install it in the old one in a few months when I am back to work and working overtime.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anything to report back on your recent batch of batteries Jack? I think it's time I ditched the 25C Eflights...
Aerial pics at http://foosyou.imgur.com
FoosYou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoosYou View Post
Anything to report back on your recent batch of batteries Jack? I think it's time I ditched the 25C Eflights...
Noticeably difference with any of the batteries listed. Upgrade you're missing out!

CrashyCrashy
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoosYou View Post
I spoke to Jack last week...he was pretty impressed with all the varieties, much better that the 25C's...

The 45C's are really good in the stock Nano, but almost a necessity in the brushless versions
Old 03-25-2014, 05:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashyCrashy View Post
Noticeably difference with any of the batteries listed. Upgrade you're missing out!

CrashyCrashy
I've got a few of the 200's on order already!
Aerial pics at http://foosyou.imgur.com
FoosYou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been using 6 of the Lectrons (4 180 and 2 150 mah),1 Venom 25C, 1 Tenergy, 4 Eflite 25C, 1 Eflite 45C. I'm not flying 3D so I can only refer to the power towards the end of the flight, with a brushless HH motor hovering about 70 - 80%.

I've been happy with the Lectron 180's to be honest. I have had them as long as the Eflites, and while I'm watching them wane, the Lectrons are performing like they're new still. They're made by Common Sense - and to be honest I've had really really poor expereince with Common Sense batteries for my Trex 450 a couple years back. Had I known they made the Lectrons I would have steered clear to begin with.

Nano batteries are between $4 and $10 each... no need to push them too long when you can have a dozen of them for nothing compared to a 450 or 500 class heli setup. I only fly for 3:00 (breaking in) - 4:00 (once broken in) just to be sure and not blow money, but I've been overjoyed with the price and frankly they cost about the same as some AA batteries.
robschaap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Lectron's from GoNitroHobbies. Any others I should consider? Where is the best price for the Oversky's they mention? I'd like to keep weight down, but do have the HH brushless mod.
CTYankee15 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in