Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ZYX Bluetooth?

What's the scoop on Bluetooth for ZYX-S gyro, besides downloading the app to my Android and buying the BT adapter for the gyro?

When I unzipped the .rar on my Android, nothing appeared to happen, there's no app shortcut showing up...do I have to have the gyro w/ BT adapter "on"?
aerobob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

After unzipping the .rar file you should get an .apk file for the zyx app. You need to run the installer on that .apk file.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by polysheep View Post
After unzipping the .rar file you should get an .apk file for the zyx app. You need to run the installer on that .apk file.
Thanks. Where will the .apk file be located so I can run it?
(I'm not too slick on this Android app stuff, Acer A-100 w/ 4.01 running)
Old 11-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I unzipped the file on my computer and transferred the .apk file onto my phone. You will have to see where your .rar file is located I suppose. Can't really help you on this one.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks - hadn't thought of that, great suggestion.
Actually looks "cleaner" on the Android....now I wait for the BT adapter, and see if I can play. If it works (fingers crossed) that will make things very easy for backyard tweaking.

Last edited by aerobob; 11-08-2013 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: File install worked.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup it does make tweaking very easy, I bring my bluetooth adaptor to the field all the time, but the app does crash from time to time.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bluetooth vs. PC Settings

If I first setup my helicopter with my PC and save the settings, then I load the Android app for the first time, does it read the settings in the gyro? If not, then I guess I'd need to transfer all the values from the PC program into the Android app; and everytime I change the settings in one, I'd have to change them in the other...I hope that's not the way this works.
Thanks.
johncblacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Question answered...

I can't believe this question hasn't been asked before, but so be it. I took the chance to connect the Bluetooth adaptor after I'd setup the heli via P/C...but first I copied down all the values in case I had to input them again (actually, I could have just reloaded the config file via computer). I found that the Bluetooth adaptor did recognize the settings in the gyro. One does have to be a little careful not to change something only to override it by switching from Bluetooth then loading the old config file. Anyway seems to work the common sense way...
Old 06-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ZYX Bluetooth?

Just picked up a used zyx S2 with Bluetooth adapter. Can I use Bluetooth to connect to my laptop or is it only for the android app?

Second, can I use this adapter on an ikon FBL unit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
weav01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2014, 08:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bluetooth for P/C?

I don't believe so...the app is just for the Android operating system; so that would means phones, tablet, etc.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bluetooth for P/C

Also, the software for the P/C doesn't have the capability to connect to the gyro via Bluetooth...only COMx ports.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncblacker View Post
Also, the software for the P/C doesn't have the capability to connect to the gyro via Bluetooth...only COMx ports.
Not correct.

Blue tooth will appear as a COMx port.
SkyKraken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ZYX-S@ Bluetooth to P/C - Will try it and report back

OK, I'll give it a shot...should be able to connect from P/C to gyro that has the Bluetooth adaptor connected up. Will report back...
Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ZYX-S2 Bluetooth to P/C - Update 1

As SkyKraken noted...COMx ports do show up when the device (ZYX-S2 Bluetooth adaptor) is discovered; however, two new ports show up. I tried connecting the ZYX P/C software to each of those ports and could not connect. Several things I did notice:
1.) When pairing the device on the P/C, leave the code field blank...just hit enter;
2.) I found the device wasn't discoverable unless the ZYX-S2 P/C software application was first loaded.

So, I wasn't successful getting the P/C software to connect via Bluetooth. I'm running Windows 8.1 and don't know (but doubt ) whether it might work via Windows 7. In my case I have both the USB and Bluetooth adaptors and an Android phone, so I don't need to get this to work. I can see a slight advantage connecting to P/C via Bluetooth, but I'm thinking it's not going to work. So, use the USB adaptor for P/C and Bluetooth adaptor for Android phone...my $.02 worth.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, in fact, the ZYX Bluetooth adaptor actually results in two COM ports showing up...as well as a device under the Bluetooth section of the Windows Device Manager. But, you can't connect via either of these COM ports. The Android software doesn't have any "port selection" drop-down like the P/C software does.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in