Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Several issues with new Nano CPS out the box

Hey guys,

So I got my new Nano CP S in the mail today. I think mine has a faulty main board, but I just want to check in with other new CP S owners to ask if you are seeing the same issues. I set up as a new model in my DX8 as per the manual.

1) When switching between Safe mode and Agility/3D mode, the swashplate tilts to the left (on the bench)

2) When switching between Safe mode and Agility/3D mode, the tail motor starts spinning for a second or two then spins down despite the fact that the throttle is at the 0 position and TH in on (on the bench)

2) My servos are randomly going crazy w/o any input from me, with TH on and it just sitting there on the bench.

3) In either agility mode or 3D mode, the swashplate does not respond as expected. Example:- If I give a right aileron command, the swash tilts right, but when I let go of the stick, the swash stays in that position, it does not slowly return to center like it does in Safe mode (or any other FBL unit I can think of) The swashplate does correct in the right direction if I more the heli around in my hand though.

4) In agility/3D mode, moving the cyclic stick around repeatedly will, after a few seconds, result in the servos responding slower and slower to my command inputs, and that's either on the bench, or in the air.

5) I can barely get this thing to take off. it bogs horribly as if the main motor is woefully under powered, but return the collective to neutral and It gets up to full RPM again.

I have 3 Nano CP X's and have been flying them all for years now and I've never had any problems like this. I've checked to make sure the main gear hasn't slipped down the main shaft. I've checked everything I can think of, and I'm stumped. I know the Nano CPX very well, but this thing it driving me up the wall.

In 3D mode (like a CPX) it's all over the place. In Safe mode it hardly responds to inputs at all.

Anybody else seeing any of these issues with their new CP S ?

MB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even though you don't like how they tied the flight modes to the norm/IU switch (and changed it on yours), I would try setting it up exactly per the manual and see how it reacts then.

If it's still doing weird things, I'd try rebinding again.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since these are barely starting to arrive responses may be slow, which I am sure you are aware of. Most of what you mention sounds similar to the complaints in the 230S forum. Here is my .02 cents offered to help spur the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post

1) When switching between Safe mode and Agility/3D mode, the swashplate tilts to the left (on the bench)
The heli needs to be initialized on a perfectly level surface, if not the gyro once initialized will try to correct to level as it would do in the air resulting in the swash tilting.

2) When switching between Safe mode and Agility/3D mode, the tail motor starts spinning for a second or two then spins down despite the fact that the throttle is at the 0 position and TH in on (on the bench)
This does sound wrong.

2) My servos are randomly going crazy w/o any input from me, with TH on and it just sitting there on the bench.
This may have to do with the SAFE initialization. Does it do this in Agility/3D as well?

3) In either agility mode or 3D mode, the swashplate does not respond as expected. Example:- If I give a right aileron command, the swash tilts right, but when I let go of the stick, the swash stays in that position, it does not slowly return to center like it does in Safe mode (or any other FBL unit I can think of) The swashplate does correct in the right direction if I more the heli around in my hand though.
This sounds normal since the should stay in the position you move it to until the heli reaches that point of rotation, at which point the swash would move to level and only move to correct changes from outside forces (i.e. wind). SAFE is reacting different since it's setup to correct back to level once the stick is let go.

4) In agility/3D mode, moving the cyclic stick around repeatedly will, after a few seconds, result in the servos responding slower and slower to my command inputs, and that's either on the bench, or in the air.
Multiple inputs can balance out one another resulting in less movement especially on the bench. When you say in the air are you flying it or just moving it?

5) I can barely get this thing to take off. it bogs horribly as if the main motor is woefully under powered, but return the collective to neutral and It gets up to full RPM again.
Not a surprise given it's the same motor as the nano CPX

I have 3 Nano CP X's and have been flying them all for years now and I've never had any problems like this. I've checked to make sure the main gear hasn't slipped down the main shaft. I've checked everything I can think of, and I'm stumped. I know the Nano CPX very well, but this thing it driving me up the wall.

In 3D mode (like a CPX) it's all over the place. In Safe mode it hardly responds to inputs at all.

Anybody else seeing any of these issues with their new CP S ?

MB
PawnDMonium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
Even though you don't like how they tied the flight modes to the norm/IU switch (and changed it on yours), I would try setting it up exactly per the manual and see how it reacts then.

If it's still doing weird things, I'd try rebinding again.
Thanks for the thought, but I did try that, and it made no difference. I have also tried rebinding several times, again no change.

MB
Old 10-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnDMonium View Post
Since these are barely starting to arrive responses may be slow, which I am sure you are aware of. Most of what you mention sounds similar to the complaints in the 230S forum. Here is my .02 cents offered to help spur the conversation.
Thanks for your reply. Let me reply to your highlighted responses in order.

1) Yup!! Tried that, it makes no difference, the swash tilts left every time I switch between safe and 3D modes

2) I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking. A Nano CP X does not do this.

2) Yes, servos randomly go crazy in all modes. w/o any input from me. sometimes thay all move together, sometimes just one servo will move, sometimes two, it's totally random, and it happens in flight as well.

3) In my experience, when the stick is centered, most FBL units will then slowly return to center instead of just sticking in the one position, but again, this may be normal for this FBL unit, that's why I'm asking. Again, the Nano CP X does not do this.

4) The servos get slower and slower over the course of a few seconds until the servos stop responding to input at all. this happens on the bench, or when attempting to fly it (in the air)

5) LOL!! Yes, I know what you mean, but this is different, as if the heli was trying to lift a a small camera or alike.

I'm really looking for other Nano CP S owners to tell me if they are seeing any of the same things happening with their helis. Do you have a Nano CP S by any chance? I don't have a 230S, but I'll have a look and see if I can see anything that might help.

Thanks

MB
Old 10-13-2015, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not have one, and have not seen them locally yet. Not in a hurry to get one though since I have a couple other projects taking up all my time.
PawnDMonium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 02:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

the only problem im having is in safe mode.
The heli wants to go forward and left. Switching from safe to agility and back again is almost impossible . I need to find out how to do a trim flight.

Bench test .
1.The swash tilts a little bit to the right in safemode. centered in agility mode.
2.Tail motor does not spin when switching modes.
3. No problems with TH (heli just sat there ) 5min test
3. agility mode is 3 axis mode ,any directional input will stay in that direction until countered.
4 . No problems with servo reaction . i have 10 flights and no problems with the servos .
5. make sure the rotor shaft is pushed completely into the gear.(mine was a little loose)
6. Send it back . There is definitely something wrong with your machine
Spazztl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 02:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazztl View Post
the only problem im having is in safe mode.
The heli wants to go forward and left. Switching from safe to agility and back again is almost impossible . I need to find out how to do a trim flight.

Bench test .
1.The swash tilts a little bit to the right in safemode. centered in agility mode.
2.Tail motor does not spin when switching modes.
3. No problems with TH (heli just sat there ) 5min test
3. agility mode is 3 axis mode ,any directional input will stay in that direction until countered.
4 . No problems with servo reaction . i have 10 flights and no problems with the servos .
5. make sure the rotor shaft is pushed completely into the gear.(mine was a little loose)
6. Send it back . There is definitely something wrong with your machine
O.K. thank you very much for verifying those points for me.

Mine is still acting up, and will need to go back. I have taken a couple of videos with my phone showing the problems on the bench, but I don't know how to upload them to the site. would I need to upload it to youtube and make a link or something? I don't have a dropbox account or anything like that, never needed one before.

I'll try and figure it out!!

MB
Old 10-14-2015, 03:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I've figured out how to upload the videos to Youtube.

Please try these links people and tell me if they are working for you.

Weird issues with New Nano CP S servos 1 (0 min 55 sec)

Weird issues with New Nano CP S servos 2 (1 min 3 sec)

Videos should be available soon, if not already!!

MB
Old 10-14-2015, 04:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

are you switching between modes? the blue light keeps turning red and resetting.
ok that 2nd vid is convincing thats not normal
Spazztl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 05:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazztl View Post
are you switching between modes? the blue light keeps turning red and resetting.
ok that 2nd vid is convincing thats not normal
Hi Spazztl, Yes, the only input I am making is switching between modes. I added that in the comments section of the two videos before I uploaded them, but for some reason the comments are not there in the details

Yes, the swash jumps around with no input. Most of the time it's actually worse than this, but when I try to video it, it behaves a bit better. LOL!!

MB
Old 10-14-2015, 05:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

try to rebind it..

i know you have done that before.

But: (in Mode 2) you have to Plug in the battery to the CPS.
Than you press BIND on your DX8 and press the left stick to the right!
Now you can Power on the Radio.
Hold the BIND for 2-3 sec. then let it go.
The Dx8 will write DSMX and you hold the left stick to the right, until binding is finished!

I didnt have the same problems like you, but i had problems and they were gone after doing this holding thing with the left stick.

(the manual says: hold the left stick on mode 2 after 2-3 sec. - but you have to do it from the beginning of binding!)

greets - maybe that works for you
baked1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2015, 06:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by baked1 View Post
try to rebind it..

i know you have done that before.

But: (in Mode 2) you have to Plug in the battery to the CPS.
Than you press BIND on your DX8 and press the left stick to the right!
Now you can Power on the Radio.
Hold the BIND for 2-3 sec. then let it go.
The Dx8 will write DSMX and you hold the left stick to the right, until binding is finished!

I didnt have the same problems like you, but i had problems and they were gone after doing this holding thing with the left stick.

(the manual says: hold the left stick on mode 2 after 2-3 sec. - but you have to do it from the beginning of binding!)

greets - maybe that works for you
Thanks, but I tried that as well. The "right rudder while binding" is something you have to do with the CP X as well, so I'm quite familiar with the process.

MB
Old 10-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah, but in the manual it says: Press Bind 2-3 Seconds, let it go and press left stick to the right.

Thats Wrong!

It binds, but the CPS thinks that you have the RTF set.
When you do it like i said, you got the setup for Computer radio.

I had similar problems.
In the german forums, many guys had the same problem.

So please try it again before you try other things

edit: i have also got the cpx. and never got any probs like that.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess I didn't explain what I mean very well. I often found that unless you hold the rudder stick to the right at the start of the bind process on the CP X, it would often fail to bind, so I always move the rudder stick over w/o waiting 2 - 3 seconds into the bind process

MB
Old 10-14-2015, 07:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

alright, sorry man
Old 10-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by baked1 View Post
alright, sorry man
No worries!!
Old 10-15-2015, 08:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have the swashplate tilt to the left when switching to stability (blue led) mode. I flies perfect in agility mode, but i do prefer to try out the stability mode inside..
Infilnius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CPS

Weird, you might indeed have a bad board OR perhaps the binding was not totally successful. As you know.. the CPX also has some quirks..

Last edited by HarryR; 10-16-2015 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Updates from OP
HarryR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2015, 02:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, MB, could you ever fly the nano cps 'normally' like you would a prior nano with none of that SAFE/stability active?

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in