Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #61 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laid back View Post
Ok, newb here. The msr blades seem to take a shorter screw with smaller diameter. I assume I need to widen the hole in the msr blades? If so, how, or with what tool?
Nano screw and screw driver will do the job.

You can just keep on screwing after screw reaches the end. It will widen a hole.

Excuse my wording... I am not a native speaker.
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 04:47 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laid back View Post
Ok, newb here. The msr blades seem to take a shorter screw with smaller diameter. I assume I need to widen the hole in the msr blades? If so, how, or with what tool?
EDIT: I didn't see utrinque's post first, but he had it exactly like I did /EDIT

If I recall, I just took the mSR X screw, screwed it into the MSR blade, while it was out of the grips, and when it bottomed, kept screwing it, until it spun free, making the hole the size of the threads. Then put it in the grips. A few times moving it back and forth, and it was free on the screw.

It definitely tamed the savage beast, on my poor old, untrained fingers...

R
Hail, Satan!!

Last edited by rcav8or; 02-03-2013 at 04:49 AM.. Reason: utrinque's post didn't show up, until I had posted...
rcav8or is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

As a newb, it was easier to hover with the msr blades but it felt like it wanted to take off. I had trouble keeping the heli near me, it just wanted to dart everywhere. I put the bullet blades on and it was harder to hover but easier to keep it from getting away from me.
StephenDS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a pair of XTreme CB 100 +1 blades here I'm going to try out. I got them for a mod on another heli I used to have, but they didn't work.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenDS View Post
As a newb, it was easier to hover with the msr blades but it felt like it wanted to take off. I had trouble keeping the heli near me, it just wanted to dart everywhere. I put the bullet blades on and it was harder to hover but easier to keep it from getting away from me.
What radio are you using?

I like settings of DX4e for this setup. I fly with expo turned on (AS3X taxi manual), dual rates set to LO, and in normal mode NOT idle up.

I will setup my 9X radio with Open9X firmware and Orange DSM/DSMX RX. It is not easy to dial perfect pitch and throttle curves for Nano, especially for unexperienced pilots.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
I have a pair of XTreme CB 100 +1 blades here I'm going to try out. I got them for a mod on another heli I used to have, but they didn't work.
Those blades are heavier thicker and probably fave to much pitch for Nano.

Try mSR blades... Not mSR X blades!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
I will setup my 9X radio with Open9X firmware and Orange DSM/DSMX RX. It is not easy to dial perfect pitch and throttle curves for Nano, especially for unexperienced pilots.
I am finding this out! I am using a Futaba 8U, but can't seem to coordinate the pitch and throttle curves, to get a hover. It either tries to descend fairly quickly, or, when I give it just a tiny bit of throttle, then it climbs rapidly. I know I need to find a happy medium, where I can hover it about eye or shoulder level, but have been VERY unsuccessful so far. Sure wish I knew someone who could give me just a little help, so far it has all been done, by myself...

R
Hail, Satan!!
rcav8or is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Those blades are heavier thicker and probably fave to much pitch for Nano.

Try mSR blades... Not mSR X blades!
Sounds good. I have a extra pair of MSR blades. Ya for my Super FP and SR they had to much pitch to them. OK as long as you just hovered but as soon as you did some moving the tail went into unstoppable piro frenzy.
lol
Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I haven't tried much FFF with the MSR main blades installed on the Nano, but it sure is a joy to hover around slowly in the house. I put the MSR blades on for my grandson, hoping to make it easier for him to transition from CX2. We had a little trouble with it at first. The head speed was too slow so it would go into a head wobble. I eventually re-set the Picth Curve to a much lower gentle slope. I incresed it from 25 in 7% incriments. 25/32/39/46/53. I run a pretty linier Throttle curve from 0 to 100 but I ramped it up to 30 and then to 55, 81 and then 100, to help get the revs up just a little sooner. It might just be me but I felt like it made it just a little more stable before lift off.

Nice mod, glad to find it.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I'm going to try this now. I'm to the point I want to fly the helicopter around but things happen way too rapidly.

I actually tried some Syma blades and it worked. They weren't the right size and didn't fit right but it proved the concept.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default You HAVE TO try this mod... mSR and CB100 blades

Quote:
What radio are you using?

I like settings of DX4e for this setup. I fly with expo turned on (AS3X taxi manual), dual rates set to LO, and in normal mode NOT idle up.

Dx6i w stock settings in normal mode. I may give those blades another try since I have a bit more experience and different settings.
StephenDS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm staying with the bullet blades and stock tx settings for now. I'm having to much fun.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Enjoying the discussion on this thread! Has anyone tried using mSR X blades with a brushless Nano yet? I'm using a DX6i and would be interested to know what TX settings you're using. I’d like to tame the lil' beast so I can master all the upright hovering orientations with a little less drama. I’m solid with take-off & landings and comfortable with tail-in hovering, but can’t do more than a few seconds of nose-in without bailing. Why is a novice running a BL Nano? Can't find stock motors!
Smok1n is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I ran MSRX blades on my BL Mild nano, I ran constant pitch at 50% and linear throttle curve maxed out about 60% (Im going off of memory as I dont use this configuration anymore)
linklemming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by linklemming View Post
When I ran MSRX blades on my BL Mild nano, I ran constant pitch at 50% and linear throttle curve maxed out about 60% (Im going off of memory as I dont use this configuration anymore)
My mild kit is here, getting ready to install now! I'll try this out. Thanks linklemming.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just tried the mSR blades to see what the fuss is about. It works exactly as claimed. it's weird to see lift being generated at low throttle speeds. It doesn't work well with the better Nano pitch and throttle curves/lines. too much lift at mid throttle.. A nice no neg pitch with linear throttle should be perfect. It is much more slow/smooth to respond and for that lower headspeed (as eveyone cited) it is far easier for a new guy to keep in a small area. I wouldn't say it is more stable as there is more body motion at stationary hover than the either of the Nano stock blades.
Mr-Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually it is stable, just a more wobble.
Mike out.
Mr-Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

New Asteroid Designs Mild Brushless installed. This thing is WAY better than stock! Tail holding solid, no vibes, head speed is impossible for me to measure but it sure seems somewhat higher in Normal, significantly so in IU. Loving it! I'll take it to the club tomorrow night and let one of the pros have a go at it.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Mike View Post
Actually it is stable, just a more wobble.
Mike out.
My two Nanos are smooth like silk.

Try following:
- Blades have to be loose. Do not screw them tight.
- Drill larger holes in mSR blades. Screw should move up and down freely
- Add red silicone orings to your head
- Check if feathering shaft is straight
- Keep Nano low weight. Any aluminium upgrades are 50% more heavy and not really needed

Rad carefully whole thread from the beginning... You'll find useful tips.

Do not give up.

Good luck... Nano is incredible learning platform.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smok1n View Post
New Asteroid Designs Mild Brushless installed. This thing is WAY better than stock! Tail holding solid, no vibes, head speed is impossible for me to measure but it sure seems somewhat higher in Normal, significantly so in IU. Loving it! I'll take it to the club tomorrow night and let one of the pros have a go at it.
BL mod is good for extreme power and 3D with stock blades.

Really not needed for mSR blades mod. I have hundreds of flights on my Nanos and motors are still strong. I have spare motors in the box but there was no need to use them yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in