Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vbar extreme vs silverline

i am thinking of getting a used one but have a question about the vbar. I already have a new silver line Vbar, do i really need to purchase the one in the kit? when it says it is optimized for the logo 800 what does that mean? thanks
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You would have to e-mail Mikado and ask them (Not sure how it would work) You could USE your silverline V-Bar (You email them with the SN on it and they would open it up to the XXtreme firmware) but I am not sure how they would work it (It would be dumb to not be able to use the other V-Bar for something else so...

Maybe send RH a inquirey and then Mr Mel will get back to you fairly quickly
Logo XXtreme, Kosmik, Pyro 800-48L Futaba 157s/256. Henseleit TDR, Pyro 700-52, 120 Jive, V-Bar 5.3, BLS253/251. Logo 600SE, Scorp 5020-450KV, 120 Helijive, Futaba 451s/251. Logo 400, Align 510MGs, JR 8900G, Kontronik Jive 80+ LV,Mini Pyro 400-14,
jtjohn1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Buddy, i just sent a massage to RH and hope they will answer soon. I will post here.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know the intimate details of the XXtreme program over the standard V-Bar's program, but Mikado told me the "tweaks" in the XXtreme edition were relative minor, accounting mostly for the heli's size and weight.

FWIW, the machine flies just fine on the standard V-Bar (blue or silver...either one), and even to this day, we've yet to update Kyle's 800's to the "XXtreme edition".

If you can work the details with Mikado to get your silverline updated, that's great. But it's not absolutely necessary to have a great flying machine either way.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Dave, that sounds great.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I asked Mikado at IRCHA about silver vs blue and was told the silver is better for nitro.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talked to Mikado when I was at IRCHA (They looked at my XXtreme with the silver V-Bar sensor) and after Dave did a face palm (Telling me I had the sensor mounted WAY to soft) he handed me off to a couple of their experts (Uli also looked at it I think)

heh he actually showed me where they had just hot melt glued a silver sensor onto Uli's heli (They COVERED the entire sensor in hot melt glue) probably added 100 grams to the weight just in glue alone...

Anyway I was told the new sensor was more precise around center (As well as being way less suceptible to vibrations) and was shown some graphs as they tested the sensor/v-bar for me.

REALLY REALLY nice folks (They looked at it and then grabbed some sensor tape for the silver sensor and told me "Here USE THIS!!!" in their German accents )
Logo XXtreme, Kosmik, Pyro 800-48L Futaba 157s/256. Henseleit TDR, Pyro 700-52, 120 Jive, V-Bar 5.3, BLS253/251. Logo 600SE, Scorp 5020-450KV, 120 Helijive, Futaba 451s/251. Logo 400, Align 510MGs, JR 8900G, Kontronik Jive 80+ LV,Mini Pyro 400-14,
jtjohn1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

"...was told the silver is better for nitro."

That's because the new Silverline sensor is more resistant to vibration.

Just as an interesting side note: IRCHA in the Mikado pit area, I was looking at Uli Rohr's (the creator of the V-Bar) Logo 600. He is so confident of the new sensor's vibration resistance, that he had his Silverline sensor solidly hot melted to the frames I was told that if you do this, the software may record increased vibrations in the log-file...but the sensor itself doesn't care, and is not effected.

Personally, I'll use the supplied tape (which does provide for a pretty solid mount). Whatever you do, don't "soft-mount" the new sensor. It will cause the machine to fly weird, as the sensor will pick-up ANY movement of the sensor's case in relationship to the frames.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can someone please provide me the email I can send my serial number to in order to request the xxtreme software?
Highflyer028 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer028 View Post
Can someone please provide me the email I can send my serial number to in order to request the xxtreme software?
Try this one:
vstabi@mikado-heli.de

-Heimo
faxxe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks
Highflyer028 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in