Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mini P Lynx Tail & 5S

I got a couple of questions. I am flying 4S with a 4S motor and 15t pinion at the moment. Starting to get bit by the 15t pinion bug. Had one crack but.. I am intrigued by 18t pinion and 5S. Will that work good on the stock 6S motor? Too lazy to do the math. It is:

1300KV 6S 15T I get 3.7 * 6 * 1300 = 28,860 / (120 / 15) = 3607.5
1300KV 5S 18T I get 3.7 * 5 * 1300 = 24,050 / (120 / 18) = 3607.5 3

If my math is right they are the same? Exact same? I think I would like to try it unless someone points out an issue. I don't have any 5S batteries though so I don't want to make the investment and then find it doesn't work well. Are there any good 5S batteries?

I know a few folks are using the lower rpm higher power motors but I already have a new 6S motor to use. Will the motor get too hot or not have enough power?

And one last thing.. The Lynx tail setup. If you go full boat tail with the thrusted tail and all of that. what is the AUW difference? I find my Mini P is a tich light on the rear end and I moved the tail servo back quite a bit to compensate so just wondering.

Mini Prôtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've run some 5S 1800 Zippy flightmax lipos, otherwise Dinogy and TP make some 5S 1800 as well.
Haven't found any other capacity in 5S that would be right in terms of weight.
The 5S 1800 are all around 250g, which is good for a stretch setup, you might end up nose heavy if you're not stretched.

My zippies have 60 flights or so and are starting to tire a bit I think, I'm not running the stock 6S motor though so not sure if the stock will be up to the task if its running at lower rpms.

Can't say for the lynx tail, I'm only running the lynx pitch lever, which is the most important upgrade.
Aryemis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Stretched..

Yep, I am stretched. The weight and size factor look ok.. I have some Hyperion 4S for that are a lot heavier and bigger. Was thinking with the heavier tail components Ill have to move the tail serve.. no big deal. Motor concerns me a bit. My 4S motor runs kind of toasty as it is.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAddict View Post
Yep, I am stretched. The weight and size factor look ok.. I have some Hyperion 4S for that are a lot heavier and bigger. Was thinking with the heavier tail components Ill have to move the tail serve.. no big deal. Motor concerns me a bit. My 4S motor runs kind of toasty as it is.
Well the 4S motor is really a 6S t-rex 450 motor (standard 6 pole motor) they reused because it has the correct kv for 4S on the mini prôtos.
The 6S motor is a 10 pole motor designed specifically for use on 6S in the mini prôtos, so it should have more power than the other mini prôtos stock motors (10 poles is better for lower motor rpms).
It should still have more power on 5S than your motor on 4S.

Scorpion motors run pretty toasty overall though. My 2520-1360kv gets too hot to touch pretty much every flight, they can handle it though.
Aryemis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Exciting..

Plus I am far from a hard flyer, I normally go for 24-2600 RPM.. So should be fine I guess. Need to order up a lipo and see for myself. 4S was more than enough power for me.

Edit:

Figures, nobody has 18t pinions lol..

Last edited by CrashAddict; 10-06-2014 at 11:44 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in