Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 08:53 AM   #201 (permalink)

Thanks Kgfly and Bob. I hope to learn a lot with them !!
mmota is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #202 (permalink)

Hi guys,

Please, do you have some pictures where I can see the best place to install the ESC and the receiver ?? In my T-Rex 450 HDE, the receiver is above the battery (with velcro) but I'm not comfortable with this position because I need to remove the receiver every time that a change the battery. My ESC is installed below the main frame near the motor.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #203 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Do it just like you see the SE but put the ESC on the side up front alonf side the motor.

See early pictures in my gallery.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2007, 03:41 PM   #204 (permalink)

Hi Bob.

I am really learning a lot with your videos but I have a doubt about the flybar rod. The length of flybar rod that come with the kit is 22mm and I bought another one, for replace it and I notice that your length is about 19mm. I also noticed that there was a correction in my HDE manual regarding the length of each side between the flybar paddle and the flybar control set. I downloaded the XL manual in the web and in this manual this distance is 63mm. In my manual (they put a label with new value) this length is about 84.4mm. My doubt is: Can I use this smaller one ?? and in this case, can I use also the flybar weights in each side ?? If I do this, will I feel some different behavior in his flight?

Thanks again
Old 08-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #205 (permalink)

Question Open a file

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
Gary,

Glad you found archeli. Yup, Bob's videos are a marvelous resource that have helped me (and hundreds of other folk) a lot.

Be sure to watch the full set, even for the heli's that you don't own, since you will pick up all kinds of useful hints and develop a greater understanding of the differences and similarities between helis.

If yours is a 450XL(CDE) then watch Bob's SE build videos from here:
https://www.helifreak.com//viewtopic.php?t=12455

Beware, you're gonna get hooked :wink:

Why cant I open this file : https://www.helifreak.com//viewtopic.php?t=12455
Slåttevik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 02:23 PM   #206 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

That is not a file it is a link to a THREAD on helifreak that no longer works.
If you want to see this thread here is the new URL
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373

Bob
Old 10-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob,

Where are these XL videos? I was watching them one day and they disappeared the next. Now I wished I downloaded them onto my hard-drive. Thanks a bunch.

-Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
That is not a file it is a link to a THREAD on helifreak that no longer works.
If you want to see this thread here is the new URL
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=11373

Bob
HDE Build Overview
Trex XL HDE Kit and Tools Overview (10 Megs)

HDE Build Steps 1 through 3 - Head and Seesaw
Trex XL HDE Steps 1 through 3 (24 Megs)

HDE Build Step 4 - Flybar cage and Flybar
Trex XL HDE Step 4 (24 Megs)

HDE Build Steps 5 through 8 - Washout, Swash, and Head
Trex XL HDE Steps 5 through 8 (24 Megs)

HDE Build Steps 9 & 10 - Main Gear and Landing Gear
Trex XL HDE Steps 9 and 10 (12 Megs)

HDE Build - Installing the Motor and Adjusting the Pinion
Trex XL HDE the moter and adjusting the pinion (24 Megs)
heniochus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #208 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I dont know where you got thos links but theyu are OLD... go to the FIRST post in this thread and you will see the list and those links work.

Bob
Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
I dont know where you got thos links but theyu are OLD... go to the FIRST post in this thread and you will see the list and those links work.

Bob
Thanks, Bob. Got them all downloaded this time. Sorry, I think it was my mistake. I was probably clicking on someone's repy page instead of your original links from the very 1st page.
-Ken
heniochus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #210 (permalink)

Hey Guys,

Happy New Year! I Just finished Building a T-Rex 450 HDE from a Kit (well kinda!). Anyway, due to the snow and cold outside, I hovered in my living room and all seems well. The only problem I see is a balance problem but I am working on fixing that. Any pictures that you have of where to mount the ESC, Reciever and Gyro for balancing out the weight of 21mAh 15C LiPo pack would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
toms2006 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #211 (permalink)

Default trex 450 helicopter v3 hdx set up

hi ,im new at this hobby i need instrucctions on how to set up the trex 450 se v3 helicopter,. need to no how to build the kit i purchase and how to set up the servos gyro , please help me thank u my email addres is [ airanamation12@yahoo.com ],. thank u
airanamation12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2008, 04:20 AM   #212 (permalink)

My HF Map location

What is the best servo arm for an HS65MG on the aileron? I've got the two armed part, so the links are 90 deg to the arms. Should I use that or a smaller one?
Plane Hazza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2009, 02:24 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

hallo!! am writing from ukraine but i am from Cyprus [studies]. i apologize about my english but...!! BOB ill like to ask you if you have time to say us how to balance the throttle and pich on t-rex xl hde!!! thanks and for the others videos that you don for us!!!!!!!
kikos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's brilliant bro
raptorkill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Are these Video's Still Available??

Hey Bob,

I am trying to resurrect my old 450 XL (HDE) now that the kids are grown When I try to access any of the video's in your initial thread I get the "You MUST have the keep me logged in check box checked for Videos to work when you login to HF." message. I did the whole clear cookies thing and logged back in but still nothing. I am able to watch build videos for other models, so I am wondering if these are no longer available?

Thanks for all you do to support this hobby!! I have learned so much from watching your 101 videos and appreciate your sharing your knowledge.

Regards,

Brian
BCunningham90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCunningham90 View Post
Hey Bob,

I am trying to resurrect my old 450 XL (HDE) now that the kids are grown When I try to access any of the video's in your initial thread I get the "You MUST have the keep me logged in check box checked for Videos to work when you login to HF." message. I did the whole clear cookies thing and logged back in but still nothing. I am able to watch build videos for other models, so I am wondering if these are no longer available?

Thanks for all you do to support this hobby!! I have learned so much from watching your 101 videos and appreciate your sharing your knowledge.

Regards,

Brian
Hi Brain. This forum is 12 years old and Bob moved on to other things years ago, so he is no longer here to reply.

This website was acquired by another entity a few years ago, and they have manage to completely screw the site up so this is why the videos are causing trouble now. Many of the videos are now missing the required https: that should be in the front of the video web link.

You can work around this issue by manually typing the https: at the front of the webpage link that appears in the web address when you click on the video link. The video download link will work again once this is added back in.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	782479  
Old 03-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Tony! I will give that a try. Sorry to hear the site isn't what it used to be:/

Brian
BCunningham90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in