Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 550

Hurricane 550 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 550

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Bused my tail pitch slider, upgrade recomendations?

well it was a nice but cold weekend so got the Hurri out. unfortunatly, while I was messing with my radio a gust of wind almost tipped it over. the tail blades scraped the driveway and just in case you were ever curious, it will fly with only one tail blade hooked up! i did a few climb outs after I lowered my throttle curve, and my tail was not holding. so i landed. and Dang one of the arms was busted off my pitch slider so only one tail blade was hooked up. I was shocked since I had no vibs or funny noises!
anyway i need a new slider, and i will probably not go with the original Plastic Gaui part. so I either need to order one of the new upgrades or grab something locally from Raptor or Align. I am not sure on plastic or metal tail.
any thoughts or recomendations?
concept1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

well you could go with the cnc heli pitch slider that helidirect sell, and while your at it you could use the new gaui plastic thrust raced tail grips, or you could just wait a short while for the gaui cnc slider and cnc thrust raced grips that can be seen here>>> Gaui 550 upgrade parts or you can use the plastic trex600 thrust raced grips, or cnc raptor upgrade thrust raced grips

the choices are multiple but if it were me i would wait for the new gaui parts

phil
Happy|Harry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i'm using the trex 600 thrusted tail blade grips. very smooth action, and most of my tail vib went away. although if the gaui parts had been available i'd have gotten them.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

yea, so for now I need a new slider, so I might just run up and try the Align, I think it will work fine and it's only $11
Old 02-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

i've not seen anyone usiong the align slider, only the grips so i'm not sure if it will work? or have the right geometry? perhaps just get a gaui plastic slider to do you until the gaui cnc versions are available. or if you try the align one be aure to post how you get on :cool:

on one of my 550's i have the cnc heli slider and you need the cnc heli pitch lever to go with the slider due to the way they work together, but tbh i wont reccomend them

phil
Old 02-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Post Raptor Parts

Raptor 30/50 tail parts are a direct fit, from tailblades to grips to slider. The slider especially is of better quality and fit and are dirt cheap (well in South Africa at least). I am currently modifying the complete tail. Will post when I am back home, work, work interferes too much with heli tinkering
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thanks,
I knew one of them worked, just didn't recall if it was the Raptor or the Align
Old 02-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Raptor 30/50 tail parts are a direct fit, from tailblades to grips to slider. The slider especially is of better quality and fit and are dirt cheap (well in South Africa at least). I am currently modifying the complete tail. Will post when I am back home, work, work interferes too much with heli tinkering
thanks for the info!, and for sure work interferes far too much with our tinkering, but it also pays for our tinkering so it's a necessary evil lol

phil
Old 02-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I picked up the Raptor slider and it does look as though it will fit, the brass collar is a bit longer then the Gaui, but I don't think it will be a issue. I should hav eit back together tonight. Man I'm bummed it's 62 degrees here today and NO WIND!! although we did get 1 inch of rain and heavy winds this AM, and expecting 2 more tonight!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

sounds good concept1!, can you post some pics when your done?

phil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in