Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

This weekend I was testing the AR bailout feature. Works awesome! I have a couple of questions though.

I normally switch on my Tx first then activate Throttle Hold and then power up the ESC. Now with my Throttle Hold set to 25% the ESC does not arm so I have to power it up without Throttle Hold but in Normal mode with the Collective stick fully down. My Normal throttle curve starts at zero throttle. After the ESC arms I then activate Throttle Hold so that I can safely carry the heli to the flight line. It usually takes me a minute to get the canopy on and walk to the flight line. Then when I deactivate Throttle Hold it spools up nice and smooth. My question is what is going to happen if I one day do things a little quicker and try to spool up befor the 30 seconds is up? Is it going to spin up real fast or is it going to be smooth?

Has anyone bailed out of a blade stop auto yet? Is it smooth enough or is something nasty going to happen?
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The auto bail out is silky smooth but fairly quick at the same time, but dont ask me to trial a blade stop lol.

I was worried about safety a while ago, had a minor inadvertant spool up attempt when the canopy kit the hold switch!
Now then, if your TX has a "Throttle Cut" facility, it is meant for nitro's use that too.
My kit is Spectrum so I have TH on the small switch top right and set the 25% for Auto bailout, it was Rudder DR I think.
Then I have Throttle Cut on the switch below that, it was the original TH but that is set to 0%.
Therefore, 2 switches for safety and the option of toggling the cut switch to ensure no fast spool up, the original TH was a bit low for me, even though I have long fingers. Moreover, i have put heatshrink on the TH to ensure that I can feel it.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR + II
Alun
CyprusFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

I start my Xx with exactly the same procedure as you.

I haven't been game enough to try a full auto bailout yet and have only throttle held a couple of meters above the ground.

30 secs is a long auto but I suppose with the size of the Xx it's possible to be high enough. My soft start is so nice and slow I'd hit the deck before I had useful lift. If you purposely stopped the blades mid auto though and bailout kicked in hard, who knows how that would end up. I'd be interested to see the video though.
Jays200 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the idea of 2 switches for safety but all my switches are used up at the moment, dual rates and Vbar bank switching. I'll have a think about what can be combined with 1 switch or sarificed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in