Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking Now I done it

I just got off the phone with David at Gohbee and ordered my Frenzy.

It should be here Friday (fingers crossed) my luck says Monday.
I told David not to ship it till Tuesday so that I can add some more parts to the order.

I will cannibalize one of my experimental helies for all of the electronics.

Now I just have to decide between the OS 55, YS 56, Nova Rossi 57, and KME 60 engines. I think I would like to try the KME but it is very $$$$$$.

I am hoping to have it flying by the end of February.

Knowing how I am with new toys, it will probably be all built by the day after I get it, but will stay grounded till I drum up the cash for one of these newfangled engines and matching pipe and I need to send in my rev limiter to have it converted into a gov. Everyone is sure proud of their new "50 class" engines.
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
BC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Congrats. You will love it. The os or ys should be plenty enough power for the F50.
Be sure to take your time with the fan hub and clutch runout. The hubs are known to be way out of wack.
Also you might want to order raptor tail pulleys (both) On my kit the black ones were terrible, so were the grey replacement ones. I considered getting the JS aluminum ones but figured they woulda been useless too. My raptor red ones run true. Be sure to locktite all screws.
You may of known all the above but im just making sure.
Gohbee needs to list the kits and parts on the site. I may need something there in the future.
BC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

At this point in time any pointers will help.
All I know about this ship is from looking at on at IRCHA and one flight.
If the raptor tail pulley fits, that means that the Aluminum Gohbee tail pulley will fit.
I do plan to get the 140° swash conversion.

I am sure that any of the 4 engines mentioned will have "plenty of power" But I want ludicrous power!!

Gohbee is trying to set up dealers so that you can get the parts at your LHS.
Have them call Gohbee for info.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

hello you will lov the way the frenzy fly's.if you like fast cyclics and a very fast heli then get light paddles and a longer flybar like the trex 600fbar.also def get the raptor clutch and clutchbell, the stock frenzy ones drove me crazy.i kept breaking the clutch.the raptor clutch bell and pinion is almost a direct swap, just dremmel about 5mm off the top of the raptor pinion and it solves the runout problem. i got the tt53 with a os50hyper carb on it, and it has ludicris speed. if you do 3d then get some good light carbon blades,the edge 603's or the m5 wide chords are good, depends on ho you like your heli setup. but i got about 200 flights and have gone through two engines and my frenzy is going strong. hope you like it, it will supprize you. im also trying the vibe upper mixing arms from i think kdm or k something , they make all the aluminum stuff for helis. the ones for the vibe have more opions for mixing, and get the metal swash the plastic one developes play in the eyeball(the center ball around the shaft, it moves up and down after time,much slop).
Old 01-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh yea get the kme 60, a guy at the feild had one in a velocity and that thing would do light speed and keep pulling. the price is high but they are real pretty, and sound good.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jynxxxy View Post
oh yea get the kme 60, a guy at the feild had one in a velocity and that thing would do light speed and keep pulling. the price is high but they are real pretty, and sound good.
Which muffler did he get for the KME?

I just got the word that my kit is shipping today.
Looks good for Friday delivery.

I should have a Rap clutch, bell and pinion in my parts box.

I always set up my helies with as much cyclic as I can get without binding something. Faster is better. I will start with the stock setup just so that I know exactly what the upgrades will do for me.

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

the guy with the kme had the outrage tunned pipe on the day i flew it.he also said he flew the mp5 stick banger, but he said he thinks the outrage pipe was a little better.the outrage was on it the day i flew it and it had great sound power, throttle response,that engine flew zzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeew.yu luck dog i will have to sell the rex600 to get a kme monster, let me know how you like it,and post a pick of your frenzy with the monster in it so i can have something to drool over. lol hope you like it it sold me just getting to do a few full power climbouts, this thing rips and keeps going, great choice in my opinion. ill keep you posted at to when, not if i get one, because i will be getting one asap,ill check around the forum and see what setups on tunned pipes people are flying, and with what results they are getting. i think the kme that bert krammer was testing had a outrage pipe, not sure but for some reason i keep thinking outrage pipe. ill get back with you after i do some research. thanks and enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in