Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am not sure, but I suspect the underslung flybar came about to reduce boomstrikes by raising the blades. I see no other advantages.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

How would it effect the CG and stability? ..... it does place the body of the machine lower down, and my thinking is (rightly or wrongly) that the heli being lower down under the blades (the main lifting force) would become more stable in normal flight being as the main mass in the body would be lower down and thus less likely to rotate around the mid point of the blades (where the line of the main shaft and the blade grip lines meet) .... just a thought
kiwibob72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the overslung flybar have anything to do with the Raptor's problems in FFF?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyuh1 View Post
Does the overslung flybar have anything to do with the Raptor's problems in FFF?
No idea, the question/points that I listed are just things/ideas I'd like an answer too!
kiwibob72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What problems?

The only time I ever see a problem is slight pitchiness in gusty wind conditions - but I don't consider that to be a problem - pretty inevitable.
archiebald is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never flown one but have read mant times that the Raptors have pitchup problems in FFF. Due to the drag of the flybar at the very top of the mainshaft? Maybe?
Old 02-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most of the pitchines in FFF that you read here is either caused by not checking CG of the heli or not reaming the ball links and leaving them hard.

Once setup correctly normal flybar is just good in FFF .

Any heli will become pitchy once you replace flybar paddles with light ones.
Raptor Mini Titan
PhnX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I can't vouch for anyone else's Raptor, but I do not have pitchiness. It cruises great. I can just give it some forward cyclic and it will just cruise until I reign it in. I am also running Mav G5 Wide Chords and V paddles. I could see how it would seem like an overslung flybar might be more affected by the passing air as it flies forward, and it very well might be. Even when I ran green paddles, Mav G4's or V blades I don't remember it being pitchy.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Makes me wonder if they were talking about the 90 3D? It doesn't have a horozontal tail fin and that could cause pitchup in FFF.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think TT will spend a lot of money developing a new heli worst than the present one, IMHO, TT heard all the complains about the heli and they try to fix it.

M-ccpm or e-ccpm? I don't care! The only thing I need it's just this heli will fly equal or better than the older one.

And the cuestion that ALL want to know: WHEN CAN I INVENT A NEW EXCUSE TO MY WIFE IN ORDER TO BUY IT!
Oscarddt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Makes me wonder if they were talking about the 90 3D? It doesn't have a horozontal tail fin and that could cause pitchup in FFF.
I don't run a horizontal stab.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarddt View Post
I don't think TT will spend a lot of money developing a new heli worst than the present one, IMHO, TT heard all the complains about the heli and they try to fix it.

M-ccpm or e-ccpm? I don't care! The only thing I need it's just this heli will fly equal or better than the older one.

And the cuestion that ALL want to know: WHEN CAN I INVENT A NEW EXCUSE TO MY WIFE IN ORDER TO BUY IT!

AMEN Brother
Old 02-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any videos yet of this heli? I saw the new Mini Titan video already, so I figured this would have one as well.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I hope this heli don't have the fate of the Red Line 106, who vanished in the fog of rumors.

And YES, where is the new R90?

We are expecting something HUGE, a T Rex 700 killer, the best bang for the buck, something that the people will say "you gonna fly THAT?"

And of course, easy to mantain and cheap replacement parts.

I'm asking too much?
Oscarddt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks good, proper belt drive too, not sure if CCPM is the way to go but it's cheaper to make I guess, not sure why it has a flybar but I'm sure there will be ways around that in the future!
Nitro: Hirobo Shuttle Plus, 450se Flasher, Walkera 4#3b.
Globs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarddt View Post
I hope this heli don't have the fate of the Red Line 106, who vanished in the fog of rumors.

And YES, where is the new R90?

We are expecting something HUGE, a T Rex 700 killer, the best bang for the buck, something that the people will say "you gonna fly THAT?"

And of course, easy to mantain and cheap replacement parts.

I'm asking too much?
You forgot uncrashable/unbreakable!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It seems people are much happier about the x50 than they are with the Mini Titan. They are not happy with the future of the little guy from what they're saying in that forum. I was thinking about getting a little brother for the Rappy before they loose the family resemblance. Should be able to get a hands on look at both of them at the Toledo Show in just 2 months. Looking forward to that..

Team Compass Pilot
Scott Bowersox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

sweet!!
XENØ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by matador_24 View Post
I do not know...... I would like to see a picture of the rudder configuration... it seems the rudder servo is not anymore under the tailboom.... I wonder if they placed it back a the front.... I would have liked to see new upgrades, unfortunately what there is on it (taildrive system, ccpm, carbon frame, etc) are upgrades released by Align and JR many many months ago..... is there actually anything new that the competitors do not have?????

I mean, I agree, the TT is the budget version of a heli and I love it because of the parts' price... maybe that is the reason why they do not spend that much on research...
I don't know about budget helis. I have priced trex 600 LE with all electronics and motor and muffler for 997.00 and grandrc the cheapest I can get raptor 50 titan SE combo is 699.00 and than once all electonics are added will be about 1200.00

"Just needed to read the instructions"
dwoodworker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this thing really going to be any better then the titan 50 se?

WHat do you think. What are the advantages...and are they worth waiting on.
clammster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in