Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Crashed after 2 seconds, but I'm stoked!

Got my UFLY a couple of months ago and have been using a sim all winter. I've spent countless hours watching videos and reading threads on setting up my UFLY.

I balanced it out and tightened all the screws. I should have heeded my my wife's advice over the weekend when she said it was too windy, but I just couldn't wait. I brought it out in the backyard and brought it straight up in a hover for 2 seconds. I was soooo thrilled for 2 seconds....until a large wind gust blew it into a retaining wall I live in the country and the wind here is very unpredictable.

Broke one of the blades. You know...I wasn't mad at all. I was so proud of myself for setting it up correctly. March wind isn't kind to the UFLY, so I'll have to wait for a calmer day. I should have the replacement parts this week.

Anyway, just saying hi and that I actually hovered for a couple of seconds.

Take it easy,

DAVE
Deadalus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats! Have you considered a blade msr? It's a bit smaller and more resilient to crashing. Also you can fly it indoors almost anytime.
Silverexpress01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, I did consider a Blade, but I wanted a bigger FP heli to fly outside....I just need to wait a bit longer for the weather to settle down. I'm really not too interested in flying inside as I've got 4 acres and a 100 acre soy bean field across the street.

I'm confident I'll do well once the wind dies down. We'll see.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update. Replaced the broken blade today and brought it back out. It flies! I brought it around the yard 3 times and landed twice.

I found it to be very similar to the simulator I've been practicing on except for the last few seconds of my last flight. It decided to take a dive and I couldn't recover. Just a broken blade. I'm a little too excited to replace it and fly it again today, but maybe again this week.

I think I'm going to need to really load up on the replacement parts...they break very easily.

Dave
Old 03-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

if your having trouble with the stock blades breaking as i was because they are to brittle, you might try a set of the extreme fiber reinforced blades for the honey bee they are a lot stronger and don't break as easily...you have to use a flat sanding block to thin them at the mounting ring but its only a little bit, they will fit without sanding them but are a bit to tight to swing easily....they only cost a couple bux more then the stock blades and in my opinion are much better....here is the link to them if you are interested...

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...P_p/ehb014.htm

i also tried a set of stock blades for the exceed falcon 40 but they were to wide and i had to clamp them to the stock ufly blades and trim the back edge to match cause they had to much lift and the heli would hover at very low head speed and it made it to sluggish and not as stable...

good luck...
magicmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmarty View Post
if your having trouble with the stock blades breaking as i was because they are to brittle, you might try a set of the extreme fiber reinforced blades for the honey bee they are a lot stronger and don't break as easily...you have to use a flat sanding block to thin them at the mounting ring but its only a little bit, they will fit without sanding them but are a bit to tight to swing easily....they only cost a couple bux more then the stock blades and in my opinion are much better....here is the link to them if you are interested...

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...P_p/ehb014.htm

i also tried a set of stock blades for the exceed falcon 40 but they were to wide and i had to clamp them to the stock ufly blades and trim the back edge to match cause they had to much lift and the heli would hover at very low head speed and it made it to sluggish and not as stable...

good luck...
marty, thanks for the suggestion. Going to order these tonight. Can you confirm if each order comes with 2 blades or 1? Reason I ask is because the pic of the stock UFLY blades always shows 2, but I found out you only receive 1 blade per order. Thanks again.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadalus View Post
I ask is because the pic of the stock UFLY blades always shows 2, but I found out you only receive 1 blade per order. Thanks again.

Where did you order from? Stock UFLY blades come as a set. Something went wrong with your order.

Steve
ERRATIC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. Good to know. I just ordered 2 sets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in