Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default N640/E640 review

Now that they've been out for a while, how happy are you with your 640's? I'm looking at an N640 and would love to hear about any problems or positives that you've discovered after putting some time on it.
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have only been flying the E640 version but I must say that it has been a very solid heli.I have just about 200 flights so far on the pair of E640's .The one is stock with a 10s setup and the other is stretched to accept 690's and is running 12s.The only part's that have been changed is dampers in the head and one pinion support bearing .Very solid and trouble free heli.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I couldn't decide which to get, so I picked up both

Been flying the N640 for a little while now (flybarless). Other then being a bit of a tight fit with the motor and needing to trim the fan shroud a bit, it all went together flawlessly. Any trouble I have had with it has been engine related. I started out with the YS50 which didnt work out well for me, so I swapped it out for a regulated OS55, and have been very happy with the engine and the heli over all.

I only recently picked up the E640, still need a number of items before I can finish it, but its assembly was also flawless.

These machines are very robust. The one way bearings/gearing/tranny setup is much larger then what is on my 90, I do not expect any problems with any drive components.

The only thing you really need to decide on, if you only want one, is electric or nitro, either way you will be happy.

I have been flying 90's for about 7 years or so. I have seldom flown anything smaller then the 90 because I have never been satisfied with the performance.

The N640 has changed that, and is now getting more time then my Predator 90. I am getting itchy to fly the electric
Furious Predator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

...deleted.
ricoalonso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E640

Very happy with mine I now have a second one both have the 4035-560kv motor and stock gears I’m running 10 cell and really enjoying them! I did buy the after market yellow and green canopy and it’s a lot easier to see.

Charles
rotorsport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in