Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 10:04 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's kind of working right now. I just received a payment that was sent over the weekend. I couldn't log in, though. But at least there are signs of life!
rob_jones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 04:03 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have just received a WRONG motor for my Shogun, instead of a 4200, IŽve received a 4100 (2015-Himaxx of course) Is there any chance for me to use it on Shogun or IŽll have to sell it?

Regards
Pipefish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2004, 04:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm afraid it won't work too well. The 4200 is a much better match. Sorry! :cry:
Old 10-13-2004, 09:50 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerM3
I've heard of people buying them new for $159. I paid $240 for mine! But I had to have one and couldn't wait.

I see that there is an option now for bevel gears in the tail. If I hadn't already done the belt mod on mine, I would have ordered a set already. Now if they could just fix the input gear - or better yet, design it with a belt from the start.
Bevel gears...nothing like such sophistication has arrived yet in AUS (not surprising...we are 2 years behind everybody!!)
Where can I get them ??? - tail is the biggest weakness on the "ZAP" (Australian for :Shogun " !!)
Thanks...amphip
amphip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2004, 10:15 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here:

http://store.xtremercproducts.com/evo165163.html

And here:

http://store.xtremercproducts.com/evo165191.html

Still no cure for the input gear, however...
Old 10-15-2004, 02:18 AM   #66 (permalink)

you guys can find a nice set of landing skids at helli hobbies (soory dont know the web site).
it cost me about $20, has two struts (for/aft) bent out of spring steel and the solid alluminium landing skids, they have a nice wide stance and the skids position can be adjusted .
im very happy with my set and it has taken some serious abuse note though it is obviously heavier
Hellboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2004, 04:21 PM   #67 (permalink)

Heres my upgrade for the landing gear and skids for the zoom :wink:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297349
mapmanufacturers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2004, 04:25 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool! That looks really good. I wondered if the T-Rex gear would fit...
Old 02-20-2005, 07:34 PM   #69 (permalink)

Does anyone know where I can get the assembly manual for the entire Zoom, not just the 90% assembled version? I am having trouble replacing the main shaft. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Davjac
davjac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2005, 05:04 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.hifirc.com/manual/trex450xe.htm
Old 02-21-2005, 10:09 PM   #71 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick response. I was looking for the Shogun Zoom 400 manual. If there is something similar to the Trex manual you provided that would be awesome!

Thanks again.

Davjac
Old 02-22-2005, 08:53 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, my mistake. Sorry! I don't know if there is a manual like that for the Shogun. To my knowledge, it is only available as an ARF.

What is the problem you are having? To get the main shaft out, you have to disconnect the links to the lower swashplate, loosen the two collars, and loosen the set screw in the pitch lever. It will then slide out the top. To get the pitch rod out of the center of the main shaft, you have to unscrew it from the black plastic slide block in the slot near the top of the shaft.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:10 AM   #73 (permalink)

Hey guys,

Great stuff. My Shogun is on the way. I can't wait to try it out. A close friend has one and I really like it. All the info everyone has posted should make this a trouble free setup.

Thanks everyone for all the good advise
MyStar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2005, 07:43 AM   #74 (permalink)

Davjac,

Here is a link to the Micro Star manual--same as Zoom/Shogun--and it has a section showing how to replace the main shaft.

http://steph.bvdep.com/downloads/MicroStar400.pdf

Graybug
Graybug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #75 (permalink)

Thanks Graybug. Exactly what I was looking for!

davjac
Old 06-11-2005, 09:16 AM   #76 (permalink)

The link for the manual is not working anymore.... but below you'll find two pdf's with the manual in it. Scroll down in the PDF's for the Englisch version.

Furthermore I would suggest checking this link for the most cost-effective conversion to belt drive: https://www.helifreak.com/about3643.html
For less than $20,- you can't afford to stay with the gears.....

I have also glued two small carbon rods to the back of my tailfin in order to prevent vibrations, seems to work very well. The tail fin is a lot stiffer, see picture:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4441.b_194.pdf (4.33 MB, 1297 views)
File Type: pdf 4441.s_992.pdf (655.8 KB, 1620 views)
RCMADHELI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2005, 06:20 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a problem with my zoom 400 !!! when i start to give power to the heli my tail rotor shaft will bend if i give more power them half stick. I have changue the rotor for one in titanium and the same problem! Any help?
Wirestealth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default motor upgrade shogun v2

Hi Everyone, I have a question, will a Watt age super 400 cobalt motor from hobby people fit into my shogen v2 ? they say it will fit all 400 applications, and my stock shogun motor smells all hot and burnt after 10 min of flying, i think i burnt it up the Wattage super 400 is a brush motor, and cheap like me and a heat sink might make it last longer, a brushless would be better i know, but i just want to get a little more cheap training in with this shogun, before buying a century swift heli, I am to the point where i can tail in hover so far, it will be a while before i can fly upside down , if ever or does anyone know of a better brush motor that will fit the shogun and last longer than the stock motor, any help will be very very helpful, Thank you, Chellie.
CHELLIE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Canizes,

Could you please rephrase that?
As far as I read you, the shaft of the tailrotor bends when applying more than about 50% power? In other words, you have heavy vibrations on the tailrotor?
If that's it, it sounds like a non-balanced tailrotor to me, or a shaft that is already bent and therefore starts to wobble at higher RPM's. Or maybe a ball-bearing on the tailrotor's shaft has desintegrated...
Could be a lot of things, if you could give us a closer description, we might be able to point you right...

Chellie,
I never even tried that stock motor...
I read from in a MicroStar review (that's Graupner's clone of Shogun), that with stock you just get 2400RPM's out of it. Which will get lower with increased pitch and also diminishing battery-voltage...
I went straight-away to the motor that Graupner suggest for it: Brushless... (Compact320H 11,1V)
Maybe it's five times the price of the original, but believe me: it's worry-free.
I can see it from the BladeCP, that if's not really fun - simply not satisfying - to have a bogging RPM with full pitch...
If you run that motor at almost full power, you get around 13 minutes of hovering out of a 1700mAh pack, not really getting warm at all. With a Pitch of around +/-10°, when applying full pitch, it felt as if the heli was being held to the ground by a rubber band when in hover, and by applying full pitch, that band was being cut...
And just to confirm, I could've thrown in another 100$ for a more expensive ESC with governor-function... So I'm not really working the expensive way, just middle-class...

I guess I'm trying to say:
Do not only look for the cheapest way...
By buying something just a bit more expensive, you might have a hell of a lot more of fun.
In the end, getting several cheap motors and then buying a more expensive BL is still more expensive in the end than if you'd have bought the BL from start... Not counting on nerves and maintenance-time...
Though I also just learnt hovering on the Zoom, it was reassuring to know (kind of worry-free) that my abilities could not exceed the models. Finding out it was the other way around sucks... At least in my opinion...
And then again, looking at a heli that can easily exceed 600$, is it really worth to save money on a 100$ motor-combo?
If still not convinced: I still have my original motor and its esc from Protech... You can have it for the costs of shipping... Interested?

Cheers from Daniel, sorta back in the saddle...

PS: I have now successfully upgraded now to belt-tail, can't wait to do some more exciting stuff than I did with the Blade...
Old 12-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Main blade grips is a must if you're still using stock plastic ones.
gord165 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in