Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hubsan x4 brushless mod?

I hate brushed motors. So I am going to try a 1s BL hubsan x4 fpv. Anyone try this before? I am using 4 3amp esc's flashed with blheli multi rotor and 4 12000kv tail motors. I think it should work seeing as my tails on my MCPX's seem way more powerful that the hubsan stock coreless ones with the same props.

I had to order the ESC's and two more motors. So my project is on hold till everything arrives.

Oh and I can not believe on bought a friggin quad copter. I did it for the FPV I sware. Lol
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2015, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well all my stuff is here and I went and soldered everything up.

For the record I have used BLheli to convert UM planes and helis many times now with no major issues.

On this build everything fires up ok and I get the initial 3 tones. But I can not get the ESC's to arm

I am using the MX 3amps esc's flashed with XP 3amp multi firmware. http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._3A_Mi_3A.html

With the 12000kv motor.http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...trSearch=12000

The Hubsan 107D board. new version.

Things I tried..... Rerouting power. Using the same esc that is not flashed with BLheli. moving signal input from motor + to the resistor before the fet. Playing with settings on BLheli........

I am wondering if the signal frequency from the hudsan board is just not up to the task? Or if the 107d TX is not calibrated for proper end points? This is the first I have ever ran into this problem. Also the first time I tried this with something other then my DX7S. The motors do nothing at all but beep 3 times when the battery is plugged in no matter what I do.

Any ideas?
Old 01-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the bugger to arm by switching back to the resistor instead of the motor + plug. But it stared to beep like mad at me. think I had some crazy settings set to it. Back at her.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok seems this thread is as popular as Ebola.

So I got it all working. Soldered back to the resistor. Got rid of the XP 3amp firmware and flashed the supermicro 3.5 amp instead.

But here is my new pickle. Anyone know how to tame motor inputs without a Throttle curve? Right now I get full power at less then a quarter stick. kinda makes It crazy to fly like that.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Figured that one out too. I had the TX stripped apart as I thought I was not hitting the proper end points do to mechanical obstruction. It was messing up the arming sequence once I had the proper signal from the flight controller. After putting the tx back together throttle input actually works as it should. Now begins the fun of figuring out what input runs which motor. Lol think I have 1 right out of four. I will post a pic of the solder points for the signals in the first sticky as soon as I confirm how it works.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Link to solder points and what signal goes where.https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...postcount=3497
Old 01-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just ran across this thread... You're right... not very popular. I'm interested though. Did you finish the project? Have any more photos or videos?
Mugen2008 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen2008 View Post
Just ran across this thread... You're right... not very popular. I'm interested though. Did you finish the project? Have any more photos or videos?
I have been posting progress in the hubsan 107d thread on RCgroups due to the lack of replies here. I went 1s with the 12000kv MCPX BL tail motor. It was not enough kV seeing as the stock brushed motors are 13000 kV. I am using a light weight frame I made myself with no FPV gear. It hovers and fly's well and fast. But it could never lift FPV right now and it has a hard time with recovering from multiple flips. It needs more RPMs or bigger props. Right now I am running the ladybird props. It runs for 10-12 minutes though. I could rewind the motors to get higher kV which I might do. But first I am going to try some bigger props (Parrot rolling spider). Then maybe the super x props?

If you are going to try it I would go 2s or 3s and isolate the flight control board on 3.7volts. It would leave more room for adjustments if needed.

That said after I started this oversky released the hermit quad. 2s BL think it is 150mm motor to motor. Can run on 3s too I think. $ 300 for the kit with fpv gear and $200 without. Might be worth looking at.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting project,

I have more clear ideas now for the conversion to brushlles of a JJRC quad. It has hubsan controller inside also, and same similar FET's.

The question that is not clear for me yet. Regarding BHheli ESC's out there, can i feed the pwm signal directly to them through signal cable of the ESC, or additional mods are required in the esc (supposed to have BHHeli firmware).

Thanks,
ferdinandus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is the beauty of Blheli. It converts the signal for you so you do not need a signal converter.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks a lot for your anwer here and PM.

I will look for inside the BlHeli sticky.

Regars,
ferdinandus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in