Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBuyingHelis View Post
Not a good flying day! Only out for 15mins I am managed to crash my mCPx and 300x. 300x needs a new main shaft, feathering shaft, blade grips and links and blades. My mCPx needs glue

My mind was not 100% where it needed to be and my nose in orientation was errant and caused my to plant them both. Nerves can get me on the bigger models but usually I am great with the mCPx no issues at all, 9 batteries without an issue.

Just goes to show if your head is not in it don't fly even if the want is there!!! Glad I did not take the 450 out!!
my condolences... been there too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Damn these Blade Aluminum Main Blade Grips, the Carbon fiber Mains I have wont fit in the grips. Well I at least have the frame stiffener on, the entire head built and upgraded... Have to figure out the Main Grip problem, and work on the tail tomorrow...

Well, this is what I did to my 300x today...
jdExtraZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do with your 300x today?

I crashed mine!
Nelson34 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdExtraZ View Post
Damn these Blade Aluminum Main Blade Grips, the Carbon fiber Mains I have wont fit in the grips. Well I at least have the frame stiffener on, the entire head built and upgraded... Have to figure out the Main Grip problem, and work on the tail tomorrow...

Well, this is what I did to my 300x today...
Very nice 300X you got there :-) Does it peform alot better then stock with those upgrades?
Lyrix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
I crashed mine!
Dude! We are in the same boat!!! Hope it is not to big a rebuild. I managed to get mine going again for about $25, I hope the same for you
BrokeBuyingHelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrix View Post
Very nice 300X you got there :-) Does it peform alot better then stock with those upgrades?
I am in the middle of upgrading it. I put the Blade brand Aluminum Main Grips, and carbons do not fit it. So, it has not seen the air as of yet. Tomorrow I plan on figuring out whats the deal with the grips, and build a new tail section. Will update as soon as I can.
jdExtraZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sadly, I replaced it.

The aileron servo quit in flight last week. I had purchased another X300one as a full set of spares and a AR7200BX.

All of the cyclic servos are stripped from the crack up (which was not too hard-I almost got it down smoothly-it certainly performs in an interesting manner with one servo not moving).

It hit fairly flat, on the main gear, but the CF blades found an opportune moment to strike the boom.
The main shaft also broke where the lower bolt goes through the gear. The frames, boom, and everything else is in tact.

So now the spare one is the flying one and the flying one is now the spare one.

In test hovers, the new one seems to fly just as good as the old one did, which is nice.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
Sadly, I replaced it.

The aileron servo quit in flight last week. I had purchased another X300one as a full set of spares and a AR7200BX.

All of the cyclic servos are stripped from the crack up (which was not too hard-I almost got it down smoothly-it certainly performs in an interesting manner with one servo not moving).

It hit fairly flat, on the main gear, but the CF blades found an opportune moment to strike the boom.
The main shaft also broke where the lower bolt goes through the gear. The frames, boom, and everything else is in tact.

So now the spare one is the flying one and the flying one is now the spare one.

In test hovers, the new one seems to fly just as good as the old one did, which is nice.
WOW you must have hit the deck hard!!!! What was you doing to make that crash happen?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually, not very hard at all.

I had been doing 3D, and it started to act a bit strange (periodically rolling in a jerky fashion when collective was given as the aileron servo went in and out) so I attempted to bring it in for a landing, immediately.

I had it coming down, fairly flat, but could not control the rate of decent for the last two feet from the ground.

The frames, boom, canopy, landing gear, etc. is unscathed. The shaft broke where the bolt goes through (where people have been having the shaft break), so this is not unusual.

It was less trouble to set up the new one than it would have been to start swapping servos from the new one to the old one.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

More servo wows here.

Tail servo (align 425m) died mid flight. It flew into a tree... TH on... threw a pitch link and had a blade strike the tail boom. New boom, feathering shaft, pitch link, tail servo.

Looks like its electronics died.... its not burnt but it doesn't work any more, gets hot and causes the other servos to act weird.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
Actually, not very hard at all.

I had been doing 3D, and it started to act a bit strange (periodically rolling in a jerky fashion when collective was given as the aileron servo went in and out) so I attempted to bring it in for a landing, immediately.

I had it coming down, fairly flat, but could not control the rate of decent for the last two feet from the ground.

The frames, boom, canopy, landing gear, etc. is unscathed. The shaft broke where the bolt goes through (where people have been having the shaft break), so this is not unusual.

It was less trouble to set up the new one than it would have been to start swapping servos from the new one to the old one.
Interesting, sounds like mine hit the deck harder than yours and I ended up with minimal repairs! Did you have it in stunt mode before it crashed? The trick I have learned, and I have been lucky so far I feel is that I hit the throttle cut as soon as I feel it is going to crash, no saving it now! Two times now and it came down hard and all I got the first time was a stripped main gear and the second time same thing stripped gear but I broke my blade grips. The feathering shaft, and main shaft was OK and I expected them to be all bent up but they were all good!! The first hit it game down from 7' and landed upside down, second time from 4' on its side.

Give it a go next time, hopefully there will be no next time
Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, with all these crashes today. I hope I can brighten everyones day with some video. Here is video of my buddies flight this afternoon. We flew for a couple hours today.
[ame]http://youtu.be/0_iC9uipMaQ[/ame]
Bambie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is great!! I feel if I had that much space to fly I would feel more comfortable and relaxed.

How high he take it? I guess you were a ways back but I would be surprised if he had a good sight on it the whole time.

Depending on how I feel in the morning I may take her out for a fly around, hopefully more than half a pack this time. Just some casual fly bys. I think I am getting too cocky with my abilities to fly and need to tame them a little until I am one with the Heli
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBuyingHelis View Post
That is great!! I feel if I had that much space to fly I would feel more comfortable and relaxed.

How high he take it? I guess you were a ways back but I would be surprised if he had a good sight on it the whole time.

Depending on how I feel in the morning I may take her out for a fly around, hopefully more than half a pack this time. Just some casual fly bys. I think I am getting too cocky with my abilities to fly and need to tame them a little until I am one with the Heli
He only took it about 80 ft high max. I was a ways back. Definitely love this much space to fly in. We can really open them up and experiment with room to recover.
Bambie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My main shaft broke-going to call Horizon and try to get warranty repair.
Nelson34 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdExtraZ View Post
I am in the middle of upgrading it. I put the Blade brand Aluminum Main Grips, and carbons do not fit it. So, it has not seen the air as of yet. Tomorrow I plan on figuring out whats the deal with the grips, and build a new tail section. Will update as soon as I can.
Thanks and goodluck! :-)
Lyrix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I picked mine up from the doorstep, brought it inside and opened her up.
VW Microbus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW Microbus View Post
Today I picked mine up from the doorstep, brought it inside and opened her up.
Fantastic, welcome to the club! She flies like a dream and mine has bounced on grass a couple of times with low cost of repairs!! Can't beat that, flies great and forgiving and she turns awesome too......,,,
Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #39 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Flew three packs today, this thing is performing great. Relocated the Beastx recently to the "top shelf", went thru the beastx, and replaced the tail blades to remedy a cracked blade.

As I'm still getting used to bigger birds, having come from the 130x, flew mostly slow/fast circuits. Don't have the courage to flip or roll it yet. Was flying it near and over the house as I'm too lazy to go to the park.

Love the way it needs so little input to scoot along, I had to put some d/r in to keep from over correcting, which was the cause of the one time I've crashed it so far.

Ordered a lynx frame stiffener as well.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew 6 packs through mine today...tons of flips, rolls, loops, FFF, big sky...

I finally got it dialed in after going to the YEP45a and Wicked motor. I really like flying her with tight control.

If I remember right:
I have it semi-governed at around 95 flat. Pitch travel at +-115, Throttle travel at +-110, +-13.5* pitch w/ Gaui blades. D/R at 100% with 10% expo Ail/Elv & 100% with -15 expo Tail. BX pot A @ 11 (o'clock), pot B @ 11:30 (o'clock).

I've been flying for just over a year now and am just now realizing how important it is to REALLY EXPERIMENT and try new combos til it just sit right for your personal taste. I almost sold my mild BL Nano, but after also dialing that in today, decided to keep it

Man...this hobby can do a number on your head...time...friends/family....wallet
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in