Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 60/70/90

Thunder Tiger 60/70/90 Raptor 60/70/90 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fan shroud modicifations

I was reading somewhere in the manual, and it said to maybe cut out some of the lower fan shroud where the head is to allow more air flow. I'm wondering about this. If more of the head is exposed from opening up where the hole for the glow plug is at, will that stop more air flow downward across the cylinder and head? Or is the head enclosed enough by the canopy to not matter?

I have the big black os sx 91 with a blue head and 2 needle valves and a idle mixture adjustment.

The reason, it seems this engine get hot even running real rich, and it's almost new. I'm not a 3d'er but a sport flyer, loops rolls, flips simple stuff, still learning.
I read on the mid one full turn out and two full turns out is the factory settings and that is rich, but it still seems to get a bit hot in just normal flight.
I have it governered down to 1850 on the head speed.
harddrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you running the old fan shroud?
The old one that came on originally on the Raptor 60 was designed for the .61 / .70.
The .91 engines will actually rub against the front surface of the shroud.

They redesigned it and made it standard for the Raptor 90 and backwards compatible with the R60.
Any shroud you buy today is bigger (for the .91) and should include a flat plate that can optionally be screwed into the shroud to make it fit the .61.
If you don't have the newer shroud, you also need the new (matching) front servo tray.
And, if you don't change it now, and later you have to replace the front frame / fan shroud or the servo tray, the "original style" is no longer made - you can't find them. So, you will have to convert at that point.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in