Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Quark SG Collective pitch

I'd love to have one to add to my XRB/SRB fleet....I just think the price will be high.

http://model.hirobo.co.jp/products/0302-919/02.html

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnrP_zXBaBc[/ame]
Garland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

YOU AREN'T KIDDING:

http://www.rc711.com/shop/index.php

890$!

so let's see, a quark or a loaded trex 500 esp... hmmmm
morgusmax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

yeh Im trying to convivnce myself to get one damn the price. MRC is only bringing the RTF SG to the states.

Japan has the SG kit without radio for about 500 USD or so, if ya want to order overseas. sweet heli
Old 05-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The price is just plain bonkers!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My buddy is completely bonkers and even he wasn't willing to pay $750 for a SG.
prototype3a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 06:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know how "bonkers" that is...

When I first went to a heli shop they told me, "Get a Quark to start." When I saw the 350€ price tag I had a heart attack, after being resuscitated, I bought a Walkera for 150. That was the worst 150 € plus all the spares needed I ever spent. What junk! Then 6 months of frustration later I bought a used Quark and finally started enjoying flying rc-helis!

Since then, I've slowly climbed up: Blade 400 & mSR, Phoenix sim, and finally Lepton Stretch.

What I'm trying to say is that if I had spent the "bonkers" money for the Quark up front, I would have saved all the lost time and money and enjoyed flying much quicker and been a better pilot today....

So maybe for a first heli, for someone who prefers new to used, it's not so crazy... If I was in the market for a first CP heliI today, knowing what I know about Hirobo quality, I would certainly prefer to spend 750 on a Quark SG rather than 400 on an Blade-400 or other such minimum entry level equipment.

Please, there is no insult intended, if you like Blade-400 or anything else, it's fine for me, but allow me to not be of that opinion...
gratefulfrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A friend of mine got a B400. I find it amazing that e-flite generally makes nice airplanes but they seriously need to give up on helis. What utter garbage.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the SRB quark and I have to say, it is a great helicopter. It really was ready to go out of the box, and flies like a dream for a FP heli. Compared to the other competitors, it is way better hands down. The electronics are great, dependable. And the foam blades really allow minimal damage in a crash.

I am intrigued by the SG, but I have to say I too was blown away when I saw the price. It is pretty much the same size as the SRB, which is a little hard to fly when it's windy. Not even close to as able to fly in wind as a 450 or even my King2 (okay that had to be upgraded quite a bit to be flown at all!!!). I am also very surprised that they have not introduced 2.4Ghz to the heli either.

Anyhow, knowing what a great heli the SRB is, and knowing that I would like a smaller "backyard" capable CP heli that doesn't need hours to build or upgrade, I am still intrigued and probably will keep my eye on them and see if they come down in price at all.

I was actually considering a Walkera 4G6 but I don't think so, I think I'd be spending $300 plus on junk. So I'd rather spend even twice that on something that is ready to roll. I'm also considering a TREX 250 or even Gaui 200 or 255. They just take so much time to build!

Or maybe I'll just sell my SRB and put the proceeds towards the SG!
myrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2010, 03:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
My buddy is completely bonkers and even he wasn't willing to pay $750 for a SG.
Your buddy has reached a new level of Bonkers!!! because I just dropped $760.00 on a new SG I couldn't resist the ability to go inverted in the living room without destroying the heli and everything/everyone around it.

-Will
Nanocer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2010, 03:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanocer View Post
Your buddy has reached a new level of Bonkers!!! because I just dropped $760.00 on a new SG I couldn't resist the ability to go inverted in the living room without destroying the heli and everything/everyone around it.

-Will
I fully understand that! Well done!
How did it feel to fly inverted int he living room and still have a living room to land in afterward?
Old 06-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

See my SRB is great in the living room and I really need to turn it up to the expert settings. I would love a SG but in kit form like they sell in japan which MRC wont bring to the USA. I'll keep my eye on it and probably order one from overseas.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Quarks are expensive with out a doubt, but if money were a concern I wouldn't be in this sport at all. The only thing that really bothers me about them is the whole FM thing, I like having all my models on one (2.4ghz) radio. They really are a blast to fly indoors and out, they are safe around people, pets and inanimate objects, And if you crash them, you'll be back in the air within a few minutes provided you haven't run out of blades IMO the Quark SG has rendered the original Quark obsolete, it flys just like the original but with the ability to ide up and go inverted. The people that know me can confirm I have a Heli and Plank hangar that rivals small R/C shops, but the Quark SG and Foamie Planks put the biggest smile on my face.

-Will
Nanocer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 04:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Nanocer,

Did you get the SG yet? I'm starting to see them on ebay (for big money) but still...

Let us know!
Bob
Old 07-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if they will offer a BNF for Spektrum at $500 its a good buy, I had the the FP model and loved it very good bird.

Angelo
Old 07-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Spektrum BNF version.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath for a Spektrum BNF version.
+1. That's because that technology is illegal in Japan (for RC air applications at least).
balbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanocer View Post
... The only thing that really bothers me about them is the whole FM thing, I like having all my models on one (2.4ghz) radio....
I use only one radio to fly my SRB Quark (FP version), GAUI 200, Blade MSR, and Bergen gasser. I don't have problem using a radio that supports both 72MHz and 2.4GHz. If not for the Quark, I would probably just have a radio that does 2.4GHz only.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediclavina View Post
I use only one radio to fly my SRB Quark (FP version), GAUI 200, Blade MSR, and Bergen gasser. I don't have problem using a radio that supports both 72MHz and 2.4GHz. If not for the Quark, I would probably just have a radio that does 2.4GHz only.
Hi Mediclavina!

How do you make your raido do both FM and 2.4 ? Is that possibleon a Futaba 8FG?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 07-23-2010, 06:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

No. You need a removable RF module. Available on the T10C by example. The T8FG has a built in RF module so no hope. This radio is also very sensible to outside electromagnetic perturbations.
rotodingo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulfrog View Post
Hi Mediclavina!

How do you make your raido do both FM and 2.4 ? Is that possibleon a Futaba 8FG?

Thanks,
Bob
My radio is a 12X MV which is designed to do both frequencies. Modular radios, as mentioned by rotodingo, can be used the same way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in