Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General

LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General General Battery Support

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Woody_99 I'll try turning down my pitch gain some more. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Thanks
PaulsATOM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

cp2 will stopp the ground bound plummet but not stop the heli in its tracks....its awesome though taker up hig roll her way over on her side and while shes falling flip it on.... its a great thing to see if you ask me...I love it
T-Rex 800DFC Pro, 700LTOP, 700L Night, 550V2, 470LT, 250DFC, Oxy-2 x2, 3 x2, 4, Goblin 500 Sport(soon), Fireball x2, Blade 230s Night, 180CFX, MCPS, Nano CPX & NQX2 FPV, Vortex 250, Inductrix FPV. K110 Cars/Trucks/Planes AMA#L965241, Part 107 Pilot
#iamundeservedlyblessedandiknowit
TeeJayShelton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dos this system require a separate tail gyro ?
GetToDaChopper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes it does require a sep tail gyro
T-Rex 800DFC Pro, 700LTOP, 700L Night, 550V2, 470LT, 250DFC, Oxy-2 x2, 3 x2, 4, Goblin 500 Sport(soon), Fireball x2, Blade 230s Night, 180CFX, MCPS, Nano CPX & NQX2 FPV, Vortex 250, Inductrix FPV. K110 Cars/Trucks/Planes AMA#L965241, Part 107 Pilot
#iamundeservedlyblessedandiknowit
TeeJayShelton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 10:11 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

It says in the first excellent post :
Once you have your helicopter assembled and test flown and with it trimmed and good for flight.

Can you also do this with Co-pilot 2 already connected but switched off.
This because I installed co-pilot 2 and changed transmitter and receivers at the same time.
The heli was flying great but of course now my sub-trims and travel limits are gone.
I installed it immediately because I thought it would be almost the same procedure as with Flymentor where you do all the adjustments in Flymentor
Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Ocho View Post
It says in the first excellent post :
Once you have your helicopter assembled and test flown and with it trimmed and good for flight.

Can you also do this with Co-pilot 2 already connected but switched off.
This because I installed co-pilot 2 and changed transmitter and receivers at the same time.
The heli was flying great but of course now my sub-trims and travel limits are gone.
I installed it immediately because I thought it would be almost the same procedure as with Flymentor where you do all the adjustments in Flymentor
My mistake cant read

Last edited by Ivor Hill; 08-13-2010 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: I'm stupid
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

If your helicopter was properly built and setup, you can trim up your bird with the CPII installed..

to ensure the CPII is turned off while you trim and adjust your helicopter for as near perfect hovering as possible try one of the following

Set auto trim to 0 using the hand held programmer and make sure you have your Tx switch that is assigned to control the CPII in the OFF position.

Or unplug the main sensor from the avionics computer and have your switch on your Tx switched to the off position.

nightflyr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
If your helicopter was properly built and setup, you can trim up your bird with the CPII installed..

to ensure the CPII is turned off while you trim and adjust your helicopter for as near perfect hovering as possible try one of the following

Set auto trim to 0 using the hand held programmer and make sure you have your Tx switch that is assigned to control the CPII in the OFF position.

Or unplug the main sensor from the avionics computer and have your switch on your Tx switched to the off position.
I'll try that.
Thank you.
I'am putting it on my KDS450 a Trex clone.
And immediately also switching Transmitter from a Walkera to a DX7 because my other heli's are also controlled by the DX7.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you follow the steps in the posted sticky, you should have no issues

Old 08-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trondhindenes View Post
3. Landed the heli, shut everything off and then on again, turned CPII on. The IRnet controller reported sticks NOT in center, and asked me if I wanted to center sticks. I chose YES
4. Reset all trims on my transmitter
Hereby a few beginners questions

Does point 4 in the quoted text mean that the trims on the transmitter must be set to 0 again after the auto trim flight?

I just installed CPII on my TREX500 and I definetely have to do an auto trim because the heli almost tipped over when I tried to lift off for the first time with CPII on.

How is an auto trim done in combination with a vbar, because you don't use trim with the vbar? I will need this when installing CPII on my 500ESP/vbar or 550E/vbar.

Thanks for your help.
mhoebrec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If the heli tried to flip on you ..I suggest you go through your setup again and triple check everything.

Unless there is a massive heat source very close by, or something is obstructing the sensors you should not have a issue.

Auto trim on a CPII is nothing like a VBar

If you haven't done so , you might do yourself a service and read through the "Made simple "sticky..most if not all your questions will most likely be answered there.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If the heli tried to flip on you ..I suggest you go through your setup again and triple check everything.

Unless there is a massive heat source very close by, or something is obstructing the sensors you should not have a issue.

If you haven't done so , you might do yourself a service and read through the "Made simple "sticky..most if not all your questions will most likely be answered there.
Thanks Nightflyr.

Could this flipping have been caused by swapping the main and vertical sensor connectors in the main unit? I noticed the swap later on, but since I had already connected and disconnected both sensors a few times, I don't know if this was the case during the flight.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I couldn't answer that question, I never tried to swap sensors.by accident or purpose.. but I would think that it could very well be quite dangerous to do

Old 08-18-2010, 05:46 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

In preflight my Programmer gives me a value for Pitch and Roll (+/- -30degrees) which is not 0 while the heli is sitting on a level surface. Is this correct?
I centered the Elevator and Aileron stick in quick setup.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:40 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Ocho View Post
In preflight my Programmer gives me a value for Pitch and Roll (+/- -30degrees) which is not 0 while the heli is sitting on a level surface. Is this correct?
I centered the Elevator and Aileron stick in quick setup.
Might this have happened because I did the Quick Setup inside the house beside a window.
The main sensor will see a T difference than between the side facing the window and the side away from the window.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If your inside..all bets are off ..the CPII will not function correctly indoors....take it outside and try it again

Old 08-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If your inside..all bets are off ..the CPII will not function correctly indoors....take it outside and try it again
OK thank you.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I moved the main sensor a few inches further on the boom and now it is ok.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoebrec View Post
I moved the main sensor a few inches further on the boom and now it is ok.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had already done a number of basic hovering flights to see if everything was working and now it was time for the real thing. Well, the real thing ended in the top of a tree, 15m (45 feet) above the the ground. This had nothing to do with CPII, but everything with me panicking and not yet fully trusting CPII. I just should have let the CPII do its work and everything would have been fine.

It took me 10 minutes to locate the heli in the tree, and it was clear that it was going to come down by itself. I had to climb in the tree to get it (luckily I don't suffer from vertigo) and brought the heli down. It was almost a miracle, but the only things that were damaged were the main blades and the main gear (canopy, battery, servos, flybar, tail boom,electronnics, CPII were all fine). I think that the heli gods were with me today.
I went to my LHS and 10 minutes later the heli was flying again.

Now I need to learn to trust the CPII.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in