Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default warp motor issue

So I started chasing the tail wag today got it down to the motor. I figure I've got a decent amount of flights on it maybe 6075 flights so maybe it needs new bearings put in new bearings motor still ticks when it spins. I opened it up nothing looks like it let loose so I'm not sure what's going on in there. Luckily I have the 1700 KV Turnigy motor to try out and made myself a 14 and 15 tooth pinion. Once again I'm disappointed in the quality of this bird. Just so you know I had replaced the can with the updated can quite some time ago and it was running very well for me until now.
frito169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bummer man...

See this is exactly why I went with the no motor/blades kit and worked with Scorpion to put out the 2520. Nothing against Compass, but I've heard that their motors are hit or miss from other guys who love Compass helis...

I hope you figure it out and its just a minor issue. Sorry I don't have anything constructive to add aside from the fact that others have hasd no issues after the revised can and love the motor.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default me too

I did too until this motor gave out.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito169 View Post
So I started chasing the tail wag today got it down to the motor. I figure I've got a decent amount of flights on it maybe 6075 flights so maybe it needs new bearings put in new bearings motor still ticks when it spins. I opened it up nothing looks like it let loose so I'm not sure what's going on in there. Luckily I have the 1700 KV Turnigy motor to try out and made myself a 14 and 15 tooth pinion. Once again I'm disappointed in the quality of this bird. Just so you know I had replaced the can with the updated can quite some time ago and it was running very well for me until now.
6075 flights???
AlvaSpeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 60-75

I meant to say between 60 and 75 flights. If I had that many flights I'd actually be a good pilot
Old 07-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Out of curiosity, did you use the motor shaft counter bearing? It is really easy to mess up the alignment when tensioning the belts, which would cause sideways pressure on the motor bearings. I know I am constantly worried about keeping the counter bearing perfectly aligned, which is difficult to do if you have to adjust the motor belt tension. You never really know, you just kinda hope it is perfectly aligned.

I think there is a new part that will keep them all in alignment.

Diviner Gregg

FPV Racing Channel . . . new episode every other Friday
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The problem could be with the motor shaft. One of my new motor cans seems to have a slight bend or something else up with the shaft cos with new, good bearings and tested to spin smooth with another shaft, spins rough with the new can and shaft.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

well there's a special washer that combines motor block and lower bearing block special washers into one, if you'r talking about that one.
I'm just running motor belt slightly loose, so it does not side-load motor bearings, and when I'm happy with the tension chosen, I fix motor block in place, get the lower bearing block loosely sliding and just sort of work out where it wants to rest - as far from main shaft as it wants to be, but not tight. It's role is to counteract the force that pulls motor shaft towards the main shaft, so it better has more contact for that direction, rather than the opposite.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default motor failure

I'm sure it was a motor failure it was working great with the new Can for quite some time and then it just gave out. either one of those magnets let loose or it was one of the coils.

Last edited by frito169; 07-12-2013 at 06:58 AM..
Old 07-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default warp motor issue

Did you get vibes from the new motor can? I have a raised vibration I decided to wait until the metal tail plates are in stock locally then I will try that. I hope my motor is good I am fairly happy with it
Old 07-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i have the new motor can and i get a vibe while i spool up from about 500-700 rpm then it goes... is that what you mean?
chris
chrismechanic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know what you mean I've had some helis with severe spool up shakes but my Warp swings nice on spool up. I am speaking about Vbar log file I am getting a "raised vibration". I think my problem is the tail but I want an excuse to try the Scorpion motor.. Man, what happened to good ol'fashion unconscious lying in my own defense..
Old 07-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default all smooth

everything was smooth motor just let loose. I'm replacing the motor with the turnigy 1700 kv. I made a special shaft for 4mm, wanted to use the support bearing, and got some timing pulley stock and a 290mm drive belt from misumi in elk grove village. Tomorrow the frames will be in and I can test it out. I found my frames broken in the thin area where the tail pulleys mount

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in