Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2016, 07:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have my attention, looks very nice.
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2016, 05:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

align is releasing 700L v2... with FBL head..
just wondering whats their pricing like for the old frame package
Old 11-18-2016, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfreak3D View Post
align is releasing 700L v2... with FBL head..
just wondering whats their pricing like for the old frame package
Pricing should be known soon.
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2016, 07:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw the v2 announcement on FB yesterday. Why does align do that? 2 new 700 class helicopters? Do they fly that differently or is one a much cheaper option?

Someone enlighten me please.
DJG24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2016, 07:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24 View Post
I saw the v2 announcement on FB yesterday. Why does align do that? 2 new 700 class helicopters? Do they fly that differently or is one a much cheaper option?

Someone enlighten me please.
Only way this makes any sense at all is if Align still had lots of stock of the old frames and/or servos that they wanted to move on. You are right, they will have to make a significant price incentive to sell these vs. the newer 700X design.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
Only way this makes any sense at all is if Align still had lots of stock of the old frames and/or servos that they wanted to move on. You are right, they will have to make a significant price incentive to sell these vs. the newer 700X design.
I agree that only a real low price would get me looking at this one over the 700x.
DJG24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 11:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My theory

I just bought a 700X, and I think I understand what Align did:
I have no idea if there is a 700 level Trex that came before the 700L (DFC head - I will call V1), but if there is one it probably had what I call a FBL head (align calls EFL). From what I can tell, Align released 700L V1 (too much fanfare) with the great new DFC head. Then DFC head fell out of favor so they released (too much fanfare) 700X which was pretty much the 700L with a new body and FBL/EFL head. Probably because they could not sell them with DFC heads, Align came out with the 700L V2 (too much fanfare) which is the 700L V1 with the new FBL/EFL head. So the 700L V2 and the 700X are the same except for the body. Which is stupid. I could be wrong.
helilipo420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 02:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helilipo420 View Post
So the 700L V2 and the 700X are the same except for the body. Which is stupid. I could be wrong.
There are more differences.
  • The entire frame, motor mounts, bearing housings, electronics housing and tail box are all different.
  • The motor is different 800MX vs 850MX on 700X
  • Servos are different
But I agree it does on the face of it seem stupid to carry two slightly different 700 helis both aimed at the same market sector. As already mentioned, the only explanation that makes any sense to me is that Align had a load of surplus 700L airframes, motors and servos that they needed to shift. The 700L V2 is priced very much 'to sell' which kinda supports this line of thinking.

Last edited by Smoggie; 12-30-2016 at 05:05 AM..
Smoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 04:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which in turn will save me a few hundred bucks on top of a very nice looking red/white spd fuselage that will fit on the L V2 but the X lol. In addition it got most of the "good" upgrades as the X: the EFL head, tail rotor, tilt skids which are the most important to me imo.
RFCXPerT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in