Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 12:17 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450promaui View Post
anyone get the cc ice 2 flying yet? any burning like the last of them?
Same here - they received mine on 8/26 and it's still "in line" to get over to the repair dept.

You know what really suck? Castle took several ICE 2's to the E-Jets even in Ohio this week so they could replace guys ESC's right on the spot. So, guys who never even sent in their's will get new one's without having to wait at all!!!!

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011, 01:02 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

would be nice if they could fly over to maui hawaii to replace mine on the spot...
450promaui is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17 View Post

You know what really suck? Castle took several ICE 2's to the E-Jets even in Ohio this week so they could replace guys ESC's right on the spot. So, guys who never even sent in their's will get new one's without having to wait at all!!!!

S
I think they did the same thing with the V3 controllers at IRCHA. Of course, in that case it was probably better for those who were waiting, since the V3's had to go back again when it became apparent they still had the fireball feature.

Which is what happened with mine, they sent me a V3 and I had to send it back which put me that much farther down on the wait list for an ICE 2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
GT86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcruiser View Post
For fixed RPM mode you use flat throttle curves

Mode 1 = <49%
Mode 2 = >50 but < 95
Mode 3 = >95

This is covered on the CC website in their setup videos for governor and auto bailout settings.

Go here for the latest info and guides to setup the ESC

http://www.castlecreations.com/support/documents.html

Bottom of page under instructional documents
Thank you so much for your help.
jonp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Freak View Post
- Fixed RPM

- 10 poles (700MX motor, right?)

- A good starting point might be 1800 1900 2000, see which you like and go from there. 2200 is very fast, and 1600 is getting on the slow side. On CC gov mode you use throttle curves in your transmitter like this

Normal - 0, 0, 15, 30, 30, 30, 30, etc. (0s give you no spin in N mode w/stick low)
Idle1 - 70, 70, 70, etc.
Idle2 - 100, 100, etc.

Remember - the throttle setting has nothing to do with how much throttle in GOV mode - only to tell the ESC which mode you want to be in.

- Check out auto rotation enabled to see if you want that

- For sure read the documents (referenced in post above) under the support section on CC.com about calibration and setup. They are very useful, and you MUST calibrate the throttle channel in the transmitter.
Yes 700MX 470KV motor.

A big thanks for your help!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86 View Post
Which is what happened with mine, they sent me a V3 and I had to send it back which put me that much farther down on the wait list for an ICE 2.

Mine was a V3 straight out of my 700E V2 kit that was on backorder when I ordered it due to the V2 to V3 recall. So I've been waiting indirectly for a month plus now.

In all seriousness, this sucks for us, but imagine what kind of nightmare this is for Castle.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another couple of questions if I may - and then I'll me able to maiden my 700 with Ice 2.

I have selected set RPM mode and chosen 1750, 1850 and 1950 head speeds.

For PWM switching rate should I use outrunner mode?
Can I use very soft start? (that's what I usually choose)
What governor gain should I use?
What initial spool up rate should I use?
What head speed change rate should I use?

I have never used governor mode before so I am just trying to get my head around it.

I have set my thottle curves as
N = 30, 30, 30, 30, 30
idle 1= 70, 70, 70, 70, 70
idle 2 = 100, 100, 100, 100, 100

I have hold set as 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.

So, my understanding is that I turn the radio on, turn the reciever on, set the collective to half way, connect the main battery then put collective to low. Next turn on hold so that the ESC sees 0% and then arms. Then, with the flight mode selected to normal I turn off hold and the rotors will spool up. Obviously this is a bit different to my other helis, though I think I'll activate governor mode on my 600 if I get on OK with it on this 700.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Say what you want to about Castle, but I was pricing the HW120's and they are more than the HV80's. I would so much rather spend my money on an "American"product. I'm being patient. It might suck, but at least they are fixing the problem. I'm going to stick with Castle until I have a reason not to. Up till now, I have no reason not to. I'll wait a few weeks to get my controller back. I have a Ice 75 that I have loved; auto-recovery mode and all. I'm a faithful Castle customer.

David
HD Cell 500 w/ Ikon, Blade 130x, Citizen #258.
minnzoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnzoo View Post
Say what you want to about Castle, but I was pricing the HW120's and they are more than the HV80's. I would so much rather spend my money on an "American"product. I'm being patient. It might suck, but at least they are fixing the problem. I'm going to stick with Castle until I have a reason not to. Up till now, I have no reason not to. I'll wait a few weeks to get my controller back. I have a Ice 75 that I have loved; auto-recovery mode and all. I'm a faithful Castle customer.

David
Okay I have used Castle before and never had a problem. They have had issue with just the HV Line of controllers on big birds, I do not see a rash of failures across the product line. They are a good company, good support, good products, and as pointed out an American Company regardless of where they are manufactured.
They are I am sure frantically trying to solve the problem. I empathize with you guys waiting to get your birds in the Air.

and I applaud "Buy American, very good conviction. remember when products in Wallmart said "American made"? Now even they caved to lowest bidder.

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, how about that! Got a email with a tracking number today! Due back on the 13th
Old 09-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea you all make great points. I have been venting a lot lately but having said that I stand by Castle completely. Gotta support the American companies whenever possible. I think we can all agree that they make very good quality products for very fair prices. I'm sure this has been extremely difficult on Castle and I hope they rebound and are strong financially for many years to come.

S
Old 09-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAY View Post
Well, how about that! Got a email with a tracking number today! Due back on the 13th
When did you send yours in?

David
Old 09-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnzoo View Post
When did you send yours in?

David

8-24 and they received it on 8-26.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got mine on Wednesday of this week. I put it on, programmed it yesterday and went for a fly this morning. PERFECT!!! I didn't have any issues with the one I sent, but I like the plastic on those capacitors. My heli is back in the air..
tekparasite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's like less than 3 weeks. Holy crap, maybe mine will be here shortly after all!

David
Old 09-11-2011, 03:05 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAY View Post
8-24 and they received it on 8-26.
Not trying to sound bitter or like a jerk...but what the heck! I sent mine in and they received it 8/8/11 and I am still being told 3-4 weeks, you sent yours in on the 26th and are already getting a new one...what kind of willy nilly crap is Castle pulling on getting these out in "order?" Guess it is time for me to start calling three times a day until I get mine! LOL!
Radiomaster TX16
Phoenix 6.0 Flight Sim
Rick Dizzle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 04:11 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Dizzle View Post
Not trying to sound bitter or like a jerk...but what the heck! I sent mine in and they received it 8/8/11 and I am still being told 3-4 weeks, you sent yours in on the 26th and are already getting a new one...what kind of willy nilly crap is Castle pulling on getting these out in "order?" Guess it is time for me to start calling three times a day until I get mine! LOL!
Call them! Open mouths get fed aparently,you need your esc back and don't get this weird order that's goin on.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine was received on August 8 and I have yet to receive a replacement yet or a confirmation that it has been shipped.
Futaba 14SG / AMA# 959345 / IRCHA #3954
aramb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Dizzle View Post
Not sounding like a jerk at all, just frustrated, which is totally understandable.Yeah, they hadn't done anything with mine when I called, so keep calling them.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my 120 back Friday. Flew it yesterday for the first time, On the first spool up I heard a loud pop.almost like the electrical snap you here when you plug in the battery. It was loud enough that the people 20 feet back heard it. I stopped the spool up and looked things over. Re armed it and on the 2nd spool up it did it again. This time I let it spool on up. Seemed fine. checked all of my gov speeds, all good. Hovered it low for about 2 minutes then hammered on it, All went well. Not sure what the pop/snap was. Will fly it agin later today.

Terry,

700e, 510mx, ice 120
c54fun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in