Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Just got my upgrade parts. I am looking forward to getting it installed and not hearing the "hum". Thanks for keeping us updated Dino
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	372954
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dues, Pay da man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
just got back for OHB did my upgrade in the hotel no vibs and all in and out play in the grips is gone works great
Hi Dino,
With all due respect:
Just curious, Soooo, how much did the kind folks at Align charge you, to purchase these upgraded parts for replacement of the ones, that seem to fail for many of us loyal Align customers?
& on another note.
I'm sure Tim is a great guy, and I am happy he has decided to help very few individual customers, but he has done zero for me, as far as I'm concerned.
I was sent an extremely dissapointing email reply from Tim today. Stating, and I quote:

Thank you for choosing Align! Unfortunately you will need to purchase the new tail shaft (H70G005XX)

Best Regards,
Tim Terrones
Sales Representative / Customer Service
Assurance RC
3626 Briggeman Drive
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
http://www.alignrcusa.com/
Tel: 1-562-598-4700 x10
Fax 562 598-4702
tim@alignrcusa.com

Nice, Thanks Tim and Assurance-Align guys. Awesome stuff !!
Why are some hobby shops granting these upgardes to some customers free and others are not? Has Align already chosen certain shops to get a break on these parts, and others get nothing. Too bad for us certain unlucky customers, and tough luck boys, we get the short straws.
Hahaha, I'm the only customer in Edmonton, yes a singleton, to purchase an eveidently faulty/dangerous Align TRex 700 E DFC HV 3Gx Super Combo, with the flawed tail components.
Personally I'll buy the upgraded replacement parts, but this will likely be my very last Align purchase, ever.
Talk about pissed off, annoyed and all in. Redhotpoker, out of the game.

When I eventually crash my 700 E, it will get a proper burial. Deep 6.

Furthermore, Align-Assurance is offering One free battery with the December kit orders.
Hahaha, but it needs two batteries, what? Good luck finding thee other identical battery.

I'm laughing and happy, but long last love, short lived.

Chas
Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Traxxas QR-1 RealFlight Drone 6.5

Last edited by ChasCS; 12-11-2012 at 02:03 AM..
ChasCS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
Hi Dino,
With all due respect:
Just curious, Soooo, how much did the kind folks at Align charge you, to purchase these upgraded parts for replacement of the ones, that seem to fail for many of us loyal Align customers?
& on another note.
I'm sure Tim is a great guy, and I am happy he has decided to help very few individual customers, but he has done zero for me, as far as I'm concerned.
I was sent an extrremely dissapointing email reply from Tim today. Stating, and I quote:

Thank you for choosing Align! Unfortunately you will need to purchase the new tail shaft (H70G005XX)

Best Regards,
Tim Terrones
Assurance RC
3626 Briggeman Drive
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Fax 562 598-4702
tim@alignrcusa.com

Nice, Thanks Tim and Align guys. Awesome stuff Assurance-Align!!
Why are some hobby shops granting these upgardes to some customers free and others are not? Has Align already chosen certain shops to get a break on these parts, and others get nothing. Too bad for us certain unlucky customers, and tough luck boys, we get the short straws.
Hahaha, I'm the only customer in Edmonton, yes a singleton, to purchase an eveidently faulty/dangerous Align TRex 700 E DFC HV 3Gx Super Combo, with the flawed tail components.
Personally I'll buy the upgraded replacement parts, but this will likely be my very last Align purchase, ever. Talk about pissed off, annoyed and all in.

Furthermore, Align-Assurance is offering One free battery with the December kit orders.
Hahaha, but it needs two batteries, what? Good luck finding thee other identical battery.

Chas

Chas. Did you try asking the hobby shop you recently got it from? It's Great Hobbies, right?

Too bad you got this kind of treatment. To think, your post in the 700 thread has been very positive for Align while you are waiting for your kit to arrive. All praise and all. So much for customer service.
what-d-heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
Hi Dino,
With all due respect:
& on another note.
I was sent an extrremely dissapointing email reply from Tim today. Stating, and I quote:

Best Regards,
Tim Terrones
Assurance RC
3626 Briggeman Drive
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Fax 562 598-4702
tim@alignrcusa.com

Nice, Thanks Tim and Align guys. Awesome stuff Assurance-Align!!
Personally I'll buy the upgraded replacement parts, but this will likely be my very last Align purchase, ever. Talk about pissed off, annoyed and all in.

Chas
I totally agree with you Chas,
Like i've been saying all along....'In business, no matter big or small, it's the little things that count and can make or break a deal'.
Here is no different and Align have really made a 'clanger' here, and regardless of how fast the fix was issued, they've upset a lot of customers.

I was lucky enough to have my LHS give me the parts for free but it should not have even got to this as Align should've stepped up to the plate, and not left it to the discretion of the LHS
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by what-d-heli View Post
Chas. Did you try asking the hobby shop you recently got it from? It's Great Hobbies, right?

Too bad you got this kind of treatment. To think, your post in the 700 thread has been very positive for Align while you are waiting for your kit to arrive. All praise and all. So much for customer service.
Hi what-d-heli
Yes, GH, is an awesome LH store with some fantastic sales people and a great variety of stuff. Management, well not so much.
But that is so true what you stated above, as I have done nothing but be respectful, with positive thoughts and only kind words, in hopes of helping others feel more at ease in respect to Align TRex 700 E and other models too..

But you know what Judge Judy often reiterates,
No good deed goes unpunished.

I'll take the hit, and hit the ground running, but what I said will hold true.
I'll buy these "replacement" parts, and pass them on. To those in Hell!!

The nerve of Assurance to sell a faulty and life threatening kit with parts they already know are faulty, or have the danger of failing. And then insist the unwary customer pay for the updated parts, calling them an upgrade. Why in Hell would I want them if they weren't needed, not an upgrade at all. It's only Bull Shite like this, that turns people right off and away from brands that fail to help the customer fly safe.

I think it's a greedy shame. On both Assurance and you too LHS, for being so damn cheap.
I've spent a small fortune in a very few short months there, but No consideration for that, None!!.
Oh well, last time folks, have it your way. For a few dollars, throw away a loyal customer.
I'll buy any other brand elsewhere before another TRex or any Align product, from LHS.
Align, You can take that to the bank too.
I can buy online from now on, for much cheaper, with no hassles or regrets.

Over and out, I'm very over it, and far out man!!

Chas
Old 12-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone notice the new tail shaft is 1.5mm longer O_o
AMA #1039539
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Released from bondage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkievan View Post
I totally agree with you Chas,
Like i've been saying all along....'In business, no matter big or small, it's the little things that count and can make or break a deal'.
Here is no different and Align have really made a 'clanger' here, and regardless of how fast the fix was issued, they've upset a lot of customers.

I was lucky enough to have my LHS give me the parts for free but it should not have even got to this as Align should've stepped up to the plate, and not left it to the discretion of the LHS
Hi Bonkievan,
Yes large steamy piles of _ _it!!
Funny though how the squeaky wheel gets the grease. & I am at ease once again.
Disease cured, back to being a happy camper. All done with a mighty PM.
I received an absolutely unselfish offer to replace my upgraded reworked, parts, at no cost to me. Sooo, all's well that ends well.
& swiftly To Hell with those who are ruled by greed and the all mighty dollars.
Discretion, the better part of valor. But in this case, the customer is always right.
After all Bonkievan, we aren't discussing the weather here, but a potential hazard that could easily hurt, maim or even commit involuntary manslaughter and kill an innocent.

But you and I both know, how companies, large or small, look at us, on the other side of the counter. Like they are doing us a favor, selling us products with a huge gigantic raise in price, those significant profit margins are large. But we, as single customers don't seem to have much of a voice. Who cares, no one seems to listen. So yeah, the customer is always right, out the door.
Why not just hit me over the head and take my wallet?
Anyway, the powers that be, stepped up and made it right. So I'm in remission of anger and will reconsider all negative vibes... as a simple temporary set back.

Chas
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ?? And how would we know, dear fellow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj74 View Post
Hi ddj,
No, I didn't notice. But when my new reworked, updated "upgrades" arrive in my mail box,
I'll measure them and report back to you, directly. Smile

Sorry, still just a wee bit raw around the vital-tenders...

be well

Chas
Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

-edit- Multiple post

Last edited by Bonkievan; 12-11-2012 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: multiple post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:33 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

-edit- Multiple post

Last edited by Bonkievan; 12-11-2012 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: multiple post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hmmm?.
Perhaps Align thought this extra 1.5mm distributes the torque load from the grub screw more efficiently, thus preventing a more concentrated spot load effect on the tip of the shaft that was obviously susceptible to failure due to resonance ???

Any mechanical engineers care to comment??
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkievan View Post
Hmmm?.
Perhaps Align thought this extra 1.5mm distributes the torque load from the grub screw more efficiently, thus preventing a more concentrated spot load effect on the tip of the shaft that was obviously susceptible to failure due to resonance ???

Any mechanical engineers care to comment??
Well the hub is wider...probably why.
AMA #1039539
Old 12-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well the hub is wider...probably why.
.....or that too!
Mine haven't arrived yet so wasn't aware of dimensions
Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

correct on the hub that why
Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Dino,
With all due respect:
& on another note.
I was sent an extremely dissapointing email reply from Tim today. Stating, and I quote:

Best Regards,
Tim Terrones
Assurance RC
3626 Briggeman Drive
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Fax 562 598-4702
tim@alignrcusa.com

Nice, Thanks Tim and Assurance-Align guys. Awesome stuff !!
Personally I'll buy the upgraded replacement parts, but this will likely be my very last Align purchase, ever.
Talk about pissed off, annoyed and all in. Redhotpoker, out of the game.

Chas

Chas first off what makes you any different from the others that are paying for the upgrade, why should you get it free and someone else pay, the bottom line is that not all DFC helis are having the problem that’s why it’s an upgrade. Yes I got mine free and if you sent as many hours as I do per day per week per month per year working for Align part time as well running my own company you would get things free but you come on here and try and call me out have a great day SIR.

Dino
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default PM (was) plenty mad

Dear Dino,
I sent you a private and very personal PM.
Please read it and deliberate.

As stated Class Action Suit... pending. Smiles and Chuckles
Simple state of affairs Mister. Just another day of legal ramblings.

Align has the ball. Play it or admit defeat.

I have already been offered my replacement parts, from an awesome generous member of this great Forum, evidently my feelings do matter, and I am very special indeed...
Let's see if the offer was genuine or simply a way to shut me up, temporarily...

I await, patiently, and quite in awe...

Merry Christmas Dino, happy holidays to you and yours...

Your humble servant

most sincerely

Chas
Old 12-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

What lawsuit Chas? Only thing i've read about was pertaining to stocks not tail issue. Like to see info on this.
AMA #1039539
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jokester

Quote:
What lawsuit Chas? Only thing I've read about was pertaining to stocks not tail issue.
Like to see info on this.
Hi ddj,
I was being sarcastic, not meant to be threatening, simply being humorous.
Forget about it.
fugetaboutit...

Don't go changing, I like you just the way you are...

Chas
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

After suffering for 2 seasons with another brand with well documented tail issues, having a fix available in a reasonable time period is a breath of fresh air. I paid a reasonable $20 and the parts arrived in 2 days. Thank you Align. Chas, the grass aint necessarily greener on the other side.
Motorbreath is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

chascs i read your pm and you have the right to be mad. I will not be a punching bag for anyone on the public forum i am here to help and i do so. This is the reason why top pilots refuse to come on and help. So as stated in a post above the grass is not always greener on the other side and there is no other mfg the size of Align that can make things happen the way we do i rest my case

Dino

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in