Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

glad to see others members with a F3C. Here is picture of mine

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1052.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	285243

http://www.youtube.com/soberflying
soberflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey, sober. I like your canopy. Did it arrive that way or did you customize it?

My sticks were not adjustable for tension or friction, so I took my 6EX Tx apart and just screwed one of those flat plastic landing gear straps where the throttle ratchet used to be. That put just enough drag on the collective so that I'm not bouncing up and down anymore. I also reset the head speed to 1650 rpm, and that, combined with about 5 deg. max pitch, makes it very easy to maintain a steady altitude.

The Rotor Tech 115 mm tail blades came yesterday, so they got installed last night and flown this morning. In the end, I was able to shorten the rudder pushrod by 2 turns on one ball link, and one on the other, so there's a little more right rudder travel remaining on the slider, and not quite as much anti torque pitch. You can see that I still needed to have each ball link screwed out a bit more than the thickness of the jam nuts I'm using.

She still "twitches" a little, due to the gain on the governor. I backed it off a couple more points and hope to try again soon. The bird is rock solid stable and the tail just grooves, not even a hint of wag anymore. I'm really starting to have fun with it now, working on my right and left side in hovering, and practicing getting back to "safety" as quickly as I can without looking panicked in the process.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tail 01.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	285317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail 02.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	285318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail 03.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	285319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail 04.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	285320  
Mustang Fever is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I got the fusuno green tail stabalizer, fin. Canopy is from aligntrexstore.com (it came as it is) and rubber green skid nuts are from somewhere else. I tried to color match it and so far it looks pretty nice I posted another pic under the pics section here. It's a version 1 f3c but I got the redesigned head on it.
soberflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had that stick interaction problem too and have experimented with different stick settings. I found in the end it works best for me to have low friction and use a neck strap. That way I can focus on working the sticks and just rest my fingers under the transmitter rather than holding onto it. I try to keep my thumbs more pointed down on the sticks rather than operating them from the side.

I think you just have to practice and try different things and try to get comfortable.
philnz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Phil:

The little bit of friction that lg strap added to the collective really helped. I'm doing a much better job of moving the tail around and maintaining altitude. I suspect part of my problem is that I use thumb and forefinger on the sticks- it's the way I was taught early in my plank days.

Finally got around to looking at the data log- average ripple is 0.75 (max 1.95) is and average temp is 75F, at about 60 ambient, so the "forced air" ventilation must be doing it's job.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorny View Post
Wow...very nice.I'm dreading putting my F3C V2 together.
They say its a breeze,sure I belive them....I think I'm gonna seek or get help.
They are easy to put together. Just take your time. A couple of things. One is to make sure it is square, build the frame with the mainshaft in place and tighten every bolt without threadlock initially. Once all the bolts are in place and the mainshaft slides easily in and out then remove the bolts one at a time and threadlock them. Align show a picture of the frame on a flat surface as part of the build to ensure it is square. This is not possible because of two bolts on the bottom. You have to have a piece of board each side of the bolts for it to sit flat. Secondly be prepared for a fiddle to fit the ESC to motor wires. Like others I think the ESC at the back is better especially for fitting batteries from the back. If you fit the ESC at the front you will have to load the batteries from the front and this means taking the canopy off each time.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^^^^^^ Beauty,thanks for the tips.
Scorny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's some shots of the swash plate leveling tool I got from HK. Really works nice. Slides down the mast and the three pads rest on top of the ball links.

My swash was considerably off, even after spending a lot of time on it with my home made tool. Two turns on each of the front pushrods to get it right.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Swash L 01.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	288023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Swash L 02.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	288024  
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberflying View Post
glad to see others members with a F3C. Here is picture of mine

Attachment 285243

http://www.youtube.com/soberflying
That's a nice canopy!! Here's my F3C. It may be hard to see but it's in there.

tekparasite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice heli tekparasite. You should post some more pics.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, what fuse is that? Was it an easy fit? I'm thinking of turning my 700 into a scale machine.
philnz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_2_VA View Post
Very nice heli tekparasite. You should post some more pics.
I would post more pics, but I don't want to hijack this thread. I'm sure if you google "tekparasite flickr", you'll find more photos of the heli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnz View Post
Hey, what fuse is that? Was it an easy fit? I'm thinking of turning my 700 into a scale machine.
That fuse is made for the 700E, so very minimal mods. It is MarvelCraft brand sold by eastcoastvario.com

Anyway, even though mine is scale and should reside in the "Scale" section of the forum, I still feel part of the F3C family. Plus, I got another Trex700E V2 which is why I pretty much live here.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tek:

By all means post some more pics. Someday I'd like to scale mine out.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fever View Post
Tek:

By all means post some more pics. Someday I'd like to scale mine out.
okay..cool.. here ya go...

And since I'm posting things out of content, might as well post my halloween costumes

Old 02-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry quick change of topic. How critical is an un square frame and what are the effects. Nice scale by the way lol
ktmdiesel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

ktm:

When I did mine, I took the screws out of the bottom, and just set the frame on top of the bottom plate, over the glass work top like they suggest. I left all the screws loose for the bearing and motor blocks, and squared the whole thing up with a couple carpenter's squares. I had the mainshaft installed during this time.

Then it was just a matter of going around and evenly tightening the screws until all were snug and the thing stayed straight against the squares.

I think if you don't do this, you're bound to end up with some misfit in the main shaft bearing area. Maybe some of the screw holes wouldn't line up exactly correctly, either, but I'm not sure on that.

Something else I did this am was to order one of the Castle Cap Packs. For $25, it seems a good investment to insure maximum service life of the ESC.

I guess this is the equivalent of getting the wing, horizontal stab, fin and fuse all at 90 degrees to each other on a plank. It's not a very precise process, but if you don't do it, you might end up with a poor handling airplane.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #37 (permalink)

Has anyone tried flying the new gp900 I can not seem to get the tail wag out of my new 700 v2 f3c. In addition to that I only flew one pack basic hover only and now when I spool it and or turn the main blades against the motor it feels like either my pinion is not slipping or the bearing block on the side of the piņon is bad. It literally sounds like I have a stripped main gear but it is not stripped at all. This has had less then five min flight time
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sarah:

Did you take the main gear assembly apart and bond the one way clutch drum into place?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekparasite View Post
okay..cool.. here ya go...

And since I'm posting things out of content, might as well post my halloween costumes

One sweet heli!!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sorry but, those Halloween costumes take the cake!
Train Fixer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in