Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjanzen View Post
Okay then..... Guess I will wait til you send me a new one..... I placed my order last night. I am sure your skills are much better than mine and WELL WORTH the 5 bucks ;-) I tried to solder to those spots and first time I unplugged my lead I pulled the positive pad off the board :-( Signal seems loose now as well. I ordered a set of three prongs..... Maybe you can just leave it on the board for me.... Hint hint ;-)
Flashing gets easier after you do it 500+ times the Atmel blheli was a pain, 6 wires to mcu pins to flash, and no blheli setup software, had to edit code to change settings.....
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Flashing gets easier after you do it 500+ times the Atmel blheli was a pain, 6 wires to mcu pins to flash, and no blheli setup software, had to edit code to change settings.....
My hat is off to guys like you who have pioneered the field for us....... I wasn't having much fun with mine in stock form and tried a second motor to get the same results..... BL was my only option ;-) I was to impatient to wait for the kit so I gave it a shot.......
Bjanzen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjanzen View Post
My hat is off to guys like you who have pioneered the field for us....... I wasn't having much fun with mine in stock form and tried a second motor to get the same results..... BL was my only option ;-) I was to impatient to wait for the kit so I gave it a shot.......
Im just following along with some of this stuff too
Old 10-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I like it whats the weight on the spacers?
I just check them and with my small scale they are under a gram(.75)
I like how solid they make the fra me ......no gear in the mail yet so one more day top waisted should of order from you ............
pjacq is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.K View Post
Hey indoorheli thanks a lot

i totally agree with you about 5!
and a ratio of 1.75 for 4 seconds if the tail holds is really great, and never be achieved with a mCP.
I'll get my greedy hands on one as soon as i'm done with this freakin' thesis, again thanks for your feedback.

one more question, is it enough to wear the motors in for like 3-4 hower flights (no right pyros) with about half throttle?

Prost
It probably is but I am the wrong person to ask about proper break in....I am very ruff on my motors. Most of the micro helis i own I run back to back batteries at full power from battery 1

Quote:
Looks good, still dont like the long shaft needed using an unmodded hp03s though.
I dont use a longer shaft on the stock hp03s. I just took about 1mm or so from the bell. It still is quite tuff and I have crashed it a lot and it hasnt shown any signs of coming loose or bending.
indoorheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok went through my first motor yesterday time to go Bl, got a question as i have been out of the loop on bl setups !

I wanna do the hpo3s 13500kv with a xp-3a esc,7 tooth looking for mild, do i have to flash esc to get to work, do i need a convertor like my mcpx has.
Or u guys flash these esc's to get GOV to work ? hope i dont sound to dumb lol

Tanks Tom
Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you flash the xp3a you dont need a converter. Dylan will flash one for you for 5 bucks... I think. Or you can order the usb flash stick from him and flash the esc yourself
indoorheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool, thanks indorheli now i get it dah !
Was planning getting my motor from him so i guess ill get it all one shot.
How does govern come into play or is everyone just using a flat TC and calling it govern @ what ever their target rpm they want

thanks again
Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanasi View Post
Cool, thanks indorheli now i get it dah !
Was planning getting my motor from him so i guess ill get it all one shot.
How does govern come into play or is everyone just using a flat TC and calling it govern @ what ever their target rpm they want

thanks again
The XP 3A ESCs flashed with BLHeli surely have a governor for real
sskaug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #70 (permalink)

@thanasi

Listen to sskaug. He wrote the BLHeli firmware that's being used everywhere. Companies like Oversky are creating ESC with his code already flashed in them.

The HW convertor that you used for the mCPX brushless conversion works fine...but it's kindda old style in light of the BLHeli firmware.

With BLHeli, you get rid of the ESC and it's associated wiring. So lighten the setup. Then you can use the software BLHeli Setup GUI program to set up various parameters to dial your brushless set up in. Including set the governor mode. Kindda like the Big helis.

Screenshot of BLHeli Setup 8.0
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Daryoon cool info i got lots to read, I did do some reading last night on blheli
wow way over my head.
Love it , im going to try and wait for dylans kit ha ha thanks for the read
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think, sooner or later, I will join the nano club
Quote:
Blhelisetup 7 has a bug for me when flashing new escs though, have to erase the chip first, or flash with an older version first.

8 was just released last night too, havent tried it yet though
Dylan, did You try the V8? Still buggy?
Unfortunately, I get very little feedback in general.
May be that this is a good sign ...
But it is not easy to make advancements and improvements.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #73 (permalink)

@thanasi

It's way over many of our heads. However, it's easy to simply use it. LOL

The programming toolsticks are cheap now.

You can buy the ESC already flashed and the toolstick, all from one place. Dylan from Astroid-Designs has all the parts needed.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4712 View Post
I think, sooner or later, I will join the nano club

Dylan, did You try the V8? Still buggy?
Unfortunately, I get very little feedback in general.
May be that this is a good sign ...
But it is not easy to make advancements and improvements.
V8 does the same thing still, I didnt mention it to you since 7 was Beta and the workaround isnt that hard, just annoying when your used to being able to just hit flash ESC.

If I want to update a flashed ESC to 8 it works fine, if I want to flash a new ESC I get a write protected error and have to go into expert mode and erase chip first, than it will take a flash no problem. Tried to attach Log file but Helifreak wont let me Txt file attached

Dylan
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log.txt (27.2 KB, 255 views)
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #75 (permalink)

For log files, since they are all text. Simply use Pastebin. Then put the link here. That's my suggestion.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
For log files, since they are all text. Simply use Pastebin. Then put the link here. That's my suggestion.
Log file was .tlg but you can save it as txt.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need a little help. I'm using a XP-3A BLHeli 8.0 and a HP03S 16600 8T pinion. Let the questioning begin!

1: How many poles does the motor have? I took an educated guess and counted 9 poles.

2: When I spool up at zero pitch it reaches full speed then bogs heavily with any pitch. I've tried 95% and 100% governed throttle both get the same bogging. What could be the issue? ::edit:: low battery

3: When I soldered the motor to the esc, it spins backwards so I just reversed the motor direction in BlHeliSetup. is that going to affect the performance?

Thanks for your time. you guys are awesome!

Last edited by KlaimXI; 10-17-2012 at 09:46 PM..
KlaimXI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlaimXI View Post
I need a little help. I'm using a XP-3A BLHeli 8.0 and a HP03S 16600 8T pinion. Let the questioning begin!

1: How many poles does the motor have? I took an educated guess and counted 9 poles.

2: When I spool up at zero pitch it reaches full speed then bogs heavily with any pitch. I've tried 95% and 100% governed throttle both get the same bogging. What could be the issue? ::edit:: low battery

3: When I soldered the motor to the esc, it spins backwards so I just reversed the motor direction in BlHeliSetup. is that going to affect the performance?

Thanks for your time. you guys are awesome!
Motor is 6 pole but it doesnt matter, blheli doesnt need to know or use that info besides for the calculator in blheli setup, and that calculator is only a general guide for using Gov Setup mode.

16600kv likes a 7 tooth (6 tooth would be good too if it was available), hyperion 180 or 240's and 24 gauge wire from the esc to battery. Even the best 150-160 mah UM cell has a hard time with the 16600kv with a 7 tooth.

95-100% throttle is not governed, try 75% flat and work your way up until the tail holds good during pitch pumps. Start with p and I gains at 2.00.

Doesnt matter if you have the motor reversed in software, whatever it takes to make it spin the right way.

8 tooth, weak batteries and small wires are most likely your issues.

Dylan
Old 10-18-2012, 04:30 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Dylan,
Quote:
If I want to update a flashed ESC to 8 it works fine, if I want to flash a new ESC I get a write protected error and have to go into expert mode and erase chip first, than it will take a flash no problem.
I don't know exactly, how You get to this point...
The reason might be the Lockbyte, which is different set for different BESC's in factory state. Could You please a "Read Memory" at the expert page at Start:0x1DFF and Length:1 before You erase the chip?
Quote:
Tried to attach Log file but Helifreak wont let me Txt file attached
Dylan
Simply rename the file from *.tlg to *.txt and post

EDIT: I released a new revision 8.0.0.2. I changed the handling of partially locked BESC with reading the lockbyte first. Please check out...

Last edited by 4712; 10-18-2012 at 10:38 AM..
4712 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Not all log files are text files
I use a homemade special format (saves the whole treeview with all attributes) and picked the *.tlg extension.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in