Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do I dremel a notch in the shaft then? (referring to your suggestion on the build video)
Chad Douglas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #102 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

ABSOLUTELY! I recommend a flat for the set screw. This is why I am saying in your close to 1/2 way up into the pinion you will be OK.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Done!.., you're the man. If you ever make it up north(Seattle) for any reason/event let me know., I own(skipper) a yacht(45ft) .., I'll take you and yours to the San Juans! 3 flat screens/ 2 state rooms.., 30 knot crusier., state-of-the-art...brand new(better be for 800k)., Seriously.., not just some empty offer.., no strings attached..(feel like I owe you one)

Cheers!

Chad
Old 01-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #104 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Oh crap..... Ya know I might take you up on that! I am a sailor and have been for 30 years! Doing the San Juan's is a DREAM OF MINE!
My wife is not big on sailing because the largest boat I have owned was 26' (Macgregor 26D water balast) and she didn't like it outside the break wall here in Ca. I could not afford a bigger boat to please her
I did 9 days on this boat single hand in the channel islands and LOVED IT!
But on a 45ft in the San Juans.... I just craped my pants on this offer!

Are you serious about that offer?
If so I am a GREAT CREW as I have sailed 60ft sleds out here I know my way around boats...... I would love to do a SMALL cruise of the San Juan's on a boat this size to teach my wife that a good sailboat is FUN!
My Sister lives in North Seattle and we could make a trip of it.... So I ask... You serious about the offer?
OMG DREAM little 3-5 day sail!

Please if your serious about the offer and WE WILL PAY OUR WAY... I would like to take you up on this..

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

All expenses paid.., NOT a sail boat.., this is a power yacht.., 4 hours to the islands from Tacoma..., Tell me where to give you my specific info.., phone number, etc.., we'll make it happen.., I PROMISE you....

Chad
Old 01-03-2008, 12:21 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

A sailboat would take over 15 hours just to get there.., this boat is for the workin man/woman...,(those who don't have the time to spend all weekend traveling)... tell me where I can send you pics?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:33 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Our boat is big.., handles big water great.., if my mom can handle.., so can your wife., if rough waters come., we'll hug the inside coast(LaConner) ., we don't do big seas unless we're by ourselves.... (sent you personal message)., don't want to stray from the forum topic further.....

Chad
Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just letting you know I got the Logo up and flying and she's awesome., I just need to get better behind the sticks! Thanks for your videos once again., turned out my issue was that the box was packed with the wrong set of gears., so the gear mesh and pinion issue turned out just fine with the correct gears...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in