Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #221 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have no plans to build a new nitro in the near future but if one of the gasser companies want to belly up and have me do a video and supply the heli I would be GLAD to do a video!

If I do buy a new gasser then I will o a video... there is nothing I want right now though.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2006, 05:34 PM   #222 (permalink)

What if one of us buys a heli and sends it to you? Whould you put it togeather, do the video and then send it back to us? :cool:
COOKIEULT70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #223 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Ummm no... I have to be able to support people and my videos after the fact so I need to have and fly the heli to continue to help people....

Bob
Old 09-09-2006, 05:39 AM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOKIEULT70
What if one of us buys a heli and sends it to you? Whould you put it togeather, do the video and then send it back to us? :cool:
Are you serious?
Old 09-10-2006, 02:30 AM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CCPM interaction..

I have some issues with interaction on my XL with Align CF frame.

When trimmed in hover it tends to give a small amount of right roll input in ff/fff. This is bloody annoying, and I´m thinking about trying to neutralize the interactions with mixes. I know a few others struggeling with the ccpm interactions, maybe this could be the subject of one of your great vids Finless?

I think I can say that your videos has learned me most of what I know about my rex.. Thanks a lot!
sjaa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2006, 02:58 AM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know how much roll you are getting, but that is normal to a point. It is caused by advancing and retreating blades in ff. If the head was spinning counter clockwise, the heli would want to roll left. Some one please correct me if I'm way off on this.
skid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2006, 08:28 AM   #227 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Are you seeing this int he swash plate when watching it on the table? If you are something is not right as there should be very little noticable at the swash.

What radio?

Bob
Old 09-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #228 (permalink)

Default Thank you BOB .

(My first post !!)

A super fantastic on the Vids Bob , I'm not yet a flyer as I've been confused with having bought a Robbe FC28 Tx with a printed off
( http://www.mh.ttu.ee/risto/rc/fc28.htm )manual at Font size five and miss-understood I was to go through with Tx programming through masses of assigning channel mix to channel whatever for at least 5 months of through studying (monsterous) , But now your videos have explained it all , It's quite straight forward after all :mrgreen: .

Oh yeah , I now know the tail blades are the wrong way , thanks BOB-vids and ,.. SKID + (How nice to meet you all like this .) :glasses2:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp niobie_wedding_002.bmp (1.37 MB, 461 views)
spankedchrome is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

spankedchrome.... your tail rotor blades are on backwards. Also check the directon of the tail rotor. when you turn your head clockwise, the tail should turn counter clockwise when looking at it from right side. :wink:
skid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 11:36 PM   #230 (permalink)

Default gyro on bottom

Has anyone tried flipping the tail shaft mounting blocks upside down , so the smooth part is on the bottom.
Rick
4trx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 11:50 PM   #231 (permalink)

Thanks for posting all this .. i am new to helis and this has been VERY helpful ..
AntP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #232 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Hey all... helping is why I do the vids.... Thanks for all the thanks!

Just please tell me when you get in the air and how well it went! That's what floats my boat

Bob
Old 09-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #233 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Hi - first post

Not new to heli's but new to the forum. Just watched the CCPM vids and I wish these were out a few years back - would have made setting the Morley F1 up a breeze. Now just need to apply the theory to the F1 and the Shuttle to increase the neg pitch without binding

Just one question tho - I've just bought a 450SE and is it normal to leave out the rubber vibration dampers on the servos?? I'v always used them on my 30 and 60 size heli's as per the destructions

Morley F1 60 Max (OS 61LX-H), Hirobo SDX (OS 55HZ-H, GY701), Trex 450SE + some planks
MarkD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 06:09 PM   #234 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yea we dont use the rubbers on the Trex.

Bob
Old 09-15-2006, 07:36 AM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
Are you seeing this int he swash plate when watching it on the table? If you are something is not right as there should be very little noticable at the swash.

What radio?

Bob
Hi Bob..

Yes I can see the int on the swash, it´s not a lot; maybe 1 mm at the most. In flight it´s enough to get the heli of track in a loop by several meters. I use Waypoint 084 servos, Graupner MX-12 radio (Jr equivalent is 6102 if i´m not mistaken) Gyro is a 401 with a Waypoint 060PB (0.09 sek/60 degrees).

I have angeled the servo-swash rods as accurately as possible, but with the align cf the angles of the rods will not be equal across the whole servo travel; and this is what I think might be the problem here. I had to put in a small amount of sub-trim to get the servo arms at 90, but no more than the value 30 on the radio (I am at the office atm, so I can´t check what the unit for sub-trim is). Is it possible that subtrim can cause this problem? I thought that only affected endpoints at extreme movements, and my setup i am nowhere near extreme travel for any of the servos.

Will I be able to solve this by mixing, or are there something important I have overseen?

Thanks in advance for all help

Best regards
JoE
Old 09-18-2006, 01:00 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: CCPM interaction..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaa

When trimmed in hover it tends to give a small amount of right roll input in ff/fff. This is bloody annoying, and I´m thinking about trying to neutralize the interactions with mixes. I know a few others struggeling with the ccpm interactions, maybe this could be the subject of one of your great vids Finless?

I think I can say that your videos has learned me most of what I know about my rex.. Thanks a lot!
When you look at your cyclic endpoints (ATV's on Futaba) are the cyclic inputs very close to equal in pitch and roll? If you have your head all square mechanically all your endpoints should be very near equal.

I looked over a buddy's heli that had a problem like what you describe and he had 32% left Ail. and 77% right Ail endpoints. He swore this was how it had to be to get 6 deg of Ail cyclic in both directions. 15 min of spinning rod ends later we were at 44% in both directions and his roll on forward cyclic was gone.

Check your washout block and see saw pivots for wear. If those two bushings wear all kinds of goofy stuff can start happening in the head.
AdrianM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2006, 12:43 AM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: CCPM interaction..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaa

When you look at your cyclic endpoints (ATV's on Futaba) are the cyclic inputs very close to equal in pitch and roll? If you have your head all square mechanically all your endpoints should be very near equal.

I looked over a buddy's heli that had a problem like what you describe and he had 32% left Ail. and 77% right Ail endpoints. He swore this was how it had to be to get 6 deg of Ail cyclic in both directions. 15 min of spinning rod ends later we were at 44% in both directions and his roll on forward cyclic was gone.

Check your washout block and see saw pivots for wear. If those two bushings wear all kinds of goofy stuff can start happening in the head.

Hi and thx for an informative reply.

The head parts are all as good as new (as I am a sucker for bling ), so that should not be the problem. I am fairly sure that the endpoints are pretty close, but I´ll definetly check them very carefully when I get home from work.. Makes total sense btw
Old 09-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

My T-Rex started as the hde 450 x, But over time its evolved into a sort of short boom se with the last upgrade being the align cf frame + 3 lug swash, and I just thought "Well, everyone says to setup ccpm is a pain, but I found setting up the mechanical mixing so easy, so the ccpm can't mess up my mental state to much........"

I've just watched the "CCPM Setup Part 1 + 2" videos.

All I wanted to do was get a stiffer frame with less linkages so less free head movement.

I'm now thinking that mechanical mixing wasn't so bad after all.

( Now then........ , erm......... , Were DID I put that xl hde frame?)
reman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #239 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

reman... really it is NOT hard! Just go for it!

Bob
Old 09-21-2006, 07:18 AM   #240 (permalink)

Bob your a genious with all those vids i am about to build my 450 se at weekend and these are such a help..THANKS.
Leeadam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in